Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #1
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
V6 owner walking in to work

I know this has been discussed many times on here, I just want to post this anyway. I'm very comfortable in my sexuality and my manhood and very comfortable with my V6 as well, but it just seems other people aren't.

So anyway, I'm walking in to work as this guy is getting out of his Cavalier with dui tags on it. I was about to ask him how long he has to leave them tags on, since they been on almost a year now. He beat me to the start of our conversation, he asked, "where did you park?" I was like, "around the corner down there" He says, "there is a spot right here" I say, "I don't want to park behind that guy and get my car banged up like his is"
Then it starts, "oh, you drive that Camaro?"
"Yea"
"Does that have the same engine as the Corvette?"
"No, mines a V6"
"Oh, a 6? I was wondering how fast the SS and the RS is"
"Well, the SS is about $38,000 and has over 400 horsepower and the RS is just an appearance package with special headlights and guages and stuff"
"I'd get the SS"
I turned left and he went straight, he tried to continue talking not realizing I went through the corridor. I wanted so bad to say, "Dude, you just got out of a broken down Cavalier"
Old 12-18-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
Yep.. Its worse when they are your "friends" I have one friend that drives a totally stock RX8 that he seems to think would beat me in any race at any speed no problems. I can tell he is serious to.

I know my example is slightly apples to oranges, but same concept. Dont try and talk smack about my car before looking at your own

I do hear people tell the v6 owners "I would have gotten the SS" and then get into their 88 S10 that is five different colors all the time :( People just don't seem to realize that they are driving a crap car for a reason, because they cant afford to have a nice car like a v6 Camaro

You did the right think OP and just let him talk to himself...lol
Old 12-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I know what u mean. The 6 is a bad ass car but it doesnt get any respect and nvr will. I had a '11 LT for 7 mths. Loved the car, it was a lot if fun. Had the itch for a SS when I bought it but talked myself out of it. I did some mods to it and started entering it in shows next to my dad and his street rod. Even won Top 10 peoples choice at my first show w it. She drew a lot of attention but whenever they heard "6 banger" that was it, lost their attention. No damn respect. Traded her in on my SS/RS a few months ago. Already did most of the same mods I had on my LT. Now she gets attention and a ton of respect. Cant wait for show to start this spring. Anyways, if ur happy thats all that matters but ull nvr get the respect ur looking for, sorry :(
Old 12-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
unkillsam

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Why not just lie. Most people are so dumb they won't even know the difference.

I once had a boss try and explain to me that he had a V7 in his Highlander...

Or just deal with it like I do, in fact I have been made fun of for having a "cheap, busted car" by a guy with a 2011 V6 RS Camaro. Sorry I don't have leather seats like you dude. Had to explain to him that his car might be flashier, but mine was faster.

Or, just act ignorant and say, " I don't know what kind of engine it is but I know it has 3xx HP. Most will just assume it's an 8 anyway.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
'splain these DUI tags you speak of a bit more! Sounds like an awesome idea...
Old 12-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #6
metthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkillsam View Post
Why not just lie. Most people are so dumb they won't even know the difference.

Or just deal with it like I do
I wouldn't lie because Im happy with my car and its V6. And I do deal with it, I'm pretty much use to it, and it don't really bother me, I was just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Anyways, if ur happy thats all that matters but ull nvr get the respect ur looking for, sorry :(
I'm not really looking for respect, although it does feel good when people say nice things about it.

On second thought, I guess it does bother me or I wouldn't be writing about it.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:42 AM   #7
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
You should be in our shoes and have to explain the whole " They didn't offer this color with a V8 in 2010" Gets old sometimes, but I had the chance to trade up to a SS this summer but this time I will use more patience and wait for the ZL1 that I want.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #8
metthem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
'splain these DUI tags you speak of a bit more! Sounds like an awesome idea...
When you get a dui in Ohio sometimes they make you put these bright orange license plates on your car in place of the normal white and blue ones, usually for a few months, but the worse your dui record is, the longer you have to leave them on. Just to kind of put you on front street, like a scarlet letter.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
You should be in our shoes and have to explain the whole " They didn't offer this color with a V8 in 2010" Gets old sometimes, but I had the chance to trade up to a SS this summer but this time I will use more patience and wait for the ZL1 that I want.
I am afraid they are not going to make the one i want .
Old 12-18-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
snkeyes069

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS CGM/Silver strps
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
When you get a dui in Ohio sometimes they make you put these bright orange license plates on your car in place of the normal white and blue ones, usually for a few months, but the worse your dui record is, the longer you have to leave them on. Just to kind of put you on front street, like a scarlet letter.
Damn! With our newer orange plates, it looks like everyone in NY is receiving a DUI! My morning commute only confirms this.

Built 10/13/2010, Delivered 11/8/2010
Old 12-18-2011, 09:48 AM   #11
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I dont know if its just me but i get tons of compliments even after i tell most my car is a v6.I realy think its how your confronted and how you hand the questions asked.I for one will not stand for down talking my car .My car can stand with the best of them on looks alone.Plus the v6 is no slouch in the hp area .Im compleatly happy with this car .
Old 12-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
Miller Tyme

Drives: 2011 Camaro Senergy Series
Just bought the wife a 2011 Senergy series Camaro last week and the reception to the V6 has been quite the oppisite once you tell them it packs 312HP. I usually get the reaction " then why would anyone want a V8" .
The wife and I have had many hot rods over the years, but when she bought me a 2007 Solstice for Christmas 4 years ago it open our eyes to just how much fun a peppy 4 or 6 banger can be. Besides if I want to hear the purr of a big V8 ( and suck down gas @ 3 gallons to the mile) I will just take our boat out for a spin. Those 454's can really make a sweat roar at "wot".
Old 12-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #13
Rogey89
ZL 1 3 7

Drives: '23 ZL1
Oh its the SS? I woulda got the ZL1... Doesn't it have like 600HP? (walks away from purple Hyundai Accent)
Old 12-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #14
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by metthem View Post
I LIKE IT!! I would not be very nice to someone who was driving and had these plates and started up a conversation with me, I'm afraid...

Closed Thread