Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #43
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I was just reading little's sig and the TA in his sig and build look just like someone for LS1tech that used to interfere with everything he didn't understand there as well.

I dont think it is his lack of knowledge so much as wanting to interfere and cast doubt. No matter what we could show him (GM Hi Tech, vette mag, etc. all have done articles testing these in the past) and even though the dyno # are not that impressive, the improved off idle response and the added torque at the hit improve 60' times so gains on the drag strip are more apparent than the 7-11 rwhp from the dyno testing.

Rottler, one of the standards in engine machining recently patented a program to cut similar patterns in intake runners and head ports and their P69 5 axis unit can cut these patterens in any type throttle body, intake, or cylinder head and they push the fact that it reduces the surface barrier drag and use the golf ball dimples as an example. SOme NASCAR teams are testing wraps with similar patterns but I doubt the rules will allow them, and on and on (space shuttle wing surfaces, myth busters fuel economy tests, etc.).

And as Bo states, there is so much that needs to match and increase in airflow through an engine and the VMax is to make the most of the 90mm TB and intake snout.
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #44
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
This thread reads just like the Vararam wedge thread! A lot of ppl saying good things that have actually installed one but a couple of guys like litl88 in there stirring things up.

I felt a positive difference in throttle response with my Vmax so I think it was money well spent! Now I'm thinking about adding the RX ported intake and VR wedge, as well as a Vararam tune only upgrade to my VR OTR! Then have a dyno tune done. There, take that! I don't care what anyone thinks, if it works I'll report it, if not THEN I'll say so!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #45
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
You have me confused, I've been on ls1tech since 2007, I had another screen name back when it first started but in 2007 when I stated getting on again I couldn't remember the password,email or screen name. But anyways its the same screen name that I have here, I have nothing to hide. The TA is not my only car, there's more. The 06 GTO has full boltons forged 6.0 with a Maggie, the 2010 SS has a vararam, kooks, and chokemaster center mount rear exhaust, YOUR rev extreme catch can with breather and tuned, your OIL CAP breather on my TA AS WELL. I'm not a shit starter by far just not a believer in certain things. You accusing me of that is tasteless really. What is your screen name on Tech? Sc2150 just joined a few weeks ago. Are you a vendor there? Maybe I will try your tb and see how it does at Cordova for the MFBA event at the end of the month since the air will be better. We'll see ........
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #46
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
You have me confused, I've been on ls1tech since 2007, I had another screen name back when it first started but in 2007 when I stated getting on again I couldn't remember the password,email or screen name. But anyways its the same screen name that I have here, I have nothing to hide. The TA is not my only car, there's more. The 06 GTO has full boltons forged 6.0 with a Maggie, the 2010 SS has a vararam, kooks, and chokemaster center mount rear exhaust, YOUR rev extreme catch can with breather and tuned, your OIL CAP breather on my TA AS WELL. I'm not a shit starter by far just not a believer in certain things. You accusing me of that is tasteless really. What is your screen name on Tech? Sc2150 just joined a few weeks ago. Are you a vendor there? Maybe I will try your tb and see how it does at Cordova for the MFBA event at the end of the month since the air will be better. We'll see ........
Dude, nobody is saying anything to insult you. People are saying things based on the fact that you refuse to acknowledge not only testimony from people who have the TB, but also all the proof from outside sources. I think SC2150 is correct...it's clear that you have knowledge based on your sig and the amount of time you've been involved in the hobby. But it seems like you just wanna go against the grain and cast doubt. Sure, a lot of guys swear they just got 10 hp from an oil change. But a lot of us know when a mod gives better throttle response and/or quicker acceleration. Ivan @ Southwest Speed even offered you a money back guaranty. Try it...if you don't like it or don't think it's worth the money, THEN you can come on here and tell us all about it. It's no risk to you at this point.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #47
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
I have had mine for over 10,000 miles with zero problems and the response is more than worth the money. It just makes the car more fun to drive. I ran it for a few thousand miles prior to my tune with no CEL.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:30 PM   #48
SC2150
Account Suspended

Lots of science goes into every product we or VMax develops, and the qualifications behind either are pretty much right there with any leaders in the industry.

The $ back guarantee is about as good as you could ask for, and looking at the TA build it is definately impressive.

I only take issue with your questioning something put to rest years ago (8-9 years ago was when most of the magazine testing was done and the LS2 & LS3 in the past 5-7 years). There are over 4,000 of these out there in use and countless shops have done before and after testing to disprove the technology behind the design with the same results most every time.

There are a ton of snake oil products out there with unrealistic claims, so little is right to qusetion if they are not proven.....but these have been beyond proven and the claims are real.

What classes do you race in little? IHRA or NHRA? We hvae divisionla, National, and World Championships in Stock, SS, SG, SC, Comp, and street so we may race against you from time to time.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #49
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Haa racing lol I wish sir, the TA build I finished this year all by my self, AES just built the short block for me and Straightline performance tuned it. I'm on a civil paycheck lol with one in college a 12,10 and 9yrs olds, a mortgage a girl friend and a stay at home wife on the side lol. I just go to the track and take out my frustrations there lol instead of Chicago's criminals lol. Not easy working in the murder capital of the USA lol. Maybe in a few years I'll get in a few brackets that rt66 and GLD offer.

I'm going to try and make an MFBA event in Cordova and see how the L99 does with good air cause it "should" be cool be then I hope. And see how the vmax does with back to back runs. Not launching the car but from idle to try to keep the runs consistent, or do you have other methods? Let me know
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #50
SC2150
Account Suspended

Consistancy we tune for. Traction limited of course, but after a bracket tune (not safe for the street) as long as there are no big changes in the DA these cars can run within a few thou per run.

Straightline guys are pretty decent. We have refered many builds to them in the area.

Yes, test a VMax before and after launching the same way from an idle and you should see better 60' and a little quicker reaction time.

Let us know.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Copy that, and yes they have tuned all of my cars and wouldn't go anywhere else bunch if good guys there.

Cordova is a sticky track when we go and usually let's cars put their bumpers on it lol.