Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2019, 01:41 AM   #1
mikeinmobile

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Prepping for 5000 mile trip

Prepping car for trip from Mobile thru Colorado, Utah, Yellowstone and Wyoming. Gonna put a new serpentine belt on and got part # 6PK2165 off the belt on her now. I went to Chevy dealer part counter and they didn't have belt but confirmed part #. Sent me to O'Reilly's and said computer showed it in stock. O'Reilly's guy said his system part # showed 6PK2168. Can anyone tell me what length belt I need for my 11 SS. The One I got from O'Reily's is a Gates, length 13/16" x 85-7/8" or 20mm x 2182mm. Sure would appreciate any info.
Old 06-16-2019, 11:26 PM   #2
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmobile View Post
Prepping car for trip from Mobile thru Colorado, Utah, Yellowstone and Wyoming. Gonna put a new serpentine belt on and got part # 6PK2165 off the belt on her now. I went to Chevy dealer part counter and they didn't have belt but confirmed part #. Sent me to O'Reilly's and said computer showed it in stock. O'Reilly's guy said his system part # showed 6PK2168. Can anyone tell me what length belt I need for my 11 SS. The One I got from O'Reily's is a Gates, length 13/16" x 85-7/8" or 20mm x 2182mm. Sure would appreciate any info.
The following places have it online:

https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-par...belt-12639280/

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...belt-12639280/

It seems like a fantastic road trip!
Old 06-17-2019, 12:10 AM   #3
mikeinmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
The following places have it online:

https://www.gmpartsstore.com/oem-par...belt-12639280/

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...belt-12639280/

It seems like a fantastic road trip!
Thanks. Already have the belt, just trying to confirm I have the correct one before I treat it and have it put on. We're headed thru Rockies, stop to visit friends. On to Utah to see friends who are gonna RV us to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole In Wyoming. Love touring in this car! Been Cross country 3 times in her, never gets old. Dig your sig pic. We had a 75 Stingray that got destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. I'm on hold right now for an 82 Collector Edition w/65,000 miles. It's been taken care of but drivin so I'm looking fwd to a road trip in it w/o worrying about nicks.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:54 AM   #4
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinmobile View Post
Thanks. Already have the belt, just trying to confirm I have the correct one before I treat it and have it put on. We're headed thru Rockies, stop to visit friends. On to Utah to see friends who are gonna RV us to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole In Wyoming. Love touring in this car! Been Cross country 3 times in her, never gets old. Dig your sig pic. We had a 75 Stingray that got destroyed in Hurricane Katrina. I'm on hold right now for an 82 Collector Edition w/65,000 miles. It's been taken care of but drivin so I'm looking fwd to a road trip in it w/o worrying about nicks.
Have you had issues with chips in the windshield of your Camaro while on road trips?

My dream car since I was a kid has been the 1980-82 Corvette. I realize it's the worst of the malaise years, but I feel it's the sexiest sports car ever made.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:42 AM   #5
mikeinmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
Have you had issues with chips in the windshield of your Camaro while on road trips?

My dream car since I was a kid has been the 1980-82 Corvette. I realize it's the worst of the malaise years, but I feel it's the sexiest sports car ever made.
I've had some window chips but never on long trips, just driving to work. Bad enough having to go to work, then your reward is a chipped windshield.
Love that body style Vette too. The first three gens are all cool to me. The best part is the 3rd gens are affordable and you can put whatever engine you like in 'em and make 'em badass. I was gonna put a 427 in ours. If I had lotto money I'd get a 70 big block (among others). I'm gonna drive the 82 often when I get it and keep mt eye open for a 76 w/4speed to hopefully work a trade.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:23 AM   #6
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Just got back from those states, Lots of weather in Utah, Montana, and Wyoming, and Oregon. Oh and I was on my Goldwing, not the car. Weather consisted of snow, sleet, hail, and rain. oh and a few intense sandstorms thrown in around western Arizona and eastern California around the Mojave desert. have fun, hopefully should be a little better now since it warmed up some.
Old 06-17-2019, 05:21 PM   #7
Coleroad

Drives: 13 Camaro
Cold and wet still here
Coleroad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #8
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS A6
My best advice on the belt is check the P/N that comes up on the Summit Racing site. I bet it will match the Chevy P/N, not the O'Reilly's.

As for your itinerary, sounds cool and I'm jealous. I do hope you have all-season, not summer tires.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:54 PM   #9
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Man, what an awesome trip you have planned.
I did something similar last August-Sept.
But alas, I was in a rental.
Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:56 PM   #10
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Edit to add pic: saw this, my dream car in Albuquerque, NM
And my ride in the Grand Canyon en route to the Phantom Ranch
Sorry for the upside down. ��
Attached Images

Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:06 AM   #11
mikeinmobile

Thanks for the tips. Been thru New Mexico, Arizona and So CAl 3 times, all in Jan which is a great time to travel along I-10. Looking fwd to this trip and hoping for decent weather. I like to keep 'er clean even on long hauls, so the less weather the better. Will try to get some cool pics of car along the way. Some cold would be welcome! Passing thru Albuquerque, hope I see your dream car too!

Advise everyone to take trips in our cars....perfect for two people to tour in.