Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 07-03-2019, 04:12 PM   #15
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
Hell yeah! Great choice. And you did the same as I did with making the aero all uniform black! Looks so much better imo than body color flares.

I went with 3M Satin Canyon Copper. I won't do 3M again, though. Way too many issues with their latest adhesive.

For cleaning it, I recommend using this: https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Profes...gateway&sr=8-3 It's what I use when in between washes. I also use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for washing. I go to my local wash, bring my own bucket and microfibers and use this with their pressure washer.
Attached Images

MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:15 PM   #16
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
Did the shop have any problems getting those flares to stick right? Seems to be a big issue if not done correctly.
Hey gents, sorry I didn't respond earlier, I've been on vacation. So, to answer your question, the flares were a giant pain in the ass according to the shop owner. He had never done a Z/28 before and he called me after he pulled them off and said they were an absolute bitch. As far as putting them back on, he didn't say they were too hard, but I didn't ask any details. As far as I can tell they are on just as perfect as when I gave him the car. I go back in 10 days for a follow up inspection so if anything is out of place he'll fix it.

Another question that has come up a couple of times is how much did this cost? Everything totaled $3800. A couple of caveats with that price, which is pretty high. First off, I had called several places and the others were between $2100 and $2400 for the whole car to get wrapped. Just for the wrap this particular shop quoted me $3100. Now I'm as much about getting a deal as anyone else, but in this particular case I went the more expensive route. Why? Very simply because the more expensive shop took the car completely apart to wrap it. I'm not an expert, but before I did the wrap I went online and watched a TON of videos and did a bunch of research and it seemed like the really high end shops doing good work ALL took the car apart to wrap each piece individually. That's not to say that it can't be done with the pieces staying on the car, but I wanted the car pulled apart. This was the only shop of the ones I talked to that did that. He admitted they were more expensive, but was adamant he was giving me a "perfect" wrap. I paid $500 for a ceramic coat and I paid $200 to have the fender flares painted gloss black instead of having them wrapped (the mirrors, door handles and fender flares are all painted). After getting the car back I was really blown away by the attention to detail. Every corner, every section was truly flawless so I couldn't be happier. On top of that they did things I didn't even ask. They cleaned the INSIDE of my wheels for me and they cleaned the engine and engine bay. This thing looked seriously brand new when I got it back. I am a freak about taking care of my cars, but these guys take it to a new level. I also wasn't aware they do a full inspection after 10 days, so I take the car back, they check the wrap and fix any imperfections.

Again, i'm sure there are great shops out there that do amazing wraps without taking the car apart, but the way this owner talked to me it really gave me a good feeling he was going to make it worth the $. In my opinion it was absolutely worth it.
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote