Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #15
MikeSVX
The magic smoke genie....

Drives: Jewels (2010 RJT 1SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
Lets see it worked when you left and then you did some burnouts and now mad because it is toast. Uh.. You can take a new unit and abuse it and it is toast. Look into getting a stronger unit. BTW.. I just purchased a vehicle over labor day, brought it home and drove it for a few weeks. I romped it hard and I mean hard to see what it had. What it had was a rollback ride home. Blew out the carrier into little bitty pieces. Parts do not have warranty from abuse.

I think he was saying that he didn't realize it wasn't working until he did a burn out and only one tire would spin.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
robsls3
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro 1SS
Sell the other unit to cover repairs.
robsls3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Just have to be careful with used parts
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #18
iisme13

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Ok I'm the guy who he is doing business with. First of all I'm going to start with my story since there is two sides to every story. I think I should be able to tell my side.

Yes I bought a unit off another board from another user on that board. I bought it months before doing the trade. Never had it installed because I blew the trans in my car.

I was looking for a 3.27 rear and found OP that was looking to trade. Perfect no selling or buying. I was told diff was in good shape. And his was in good shape.

The agreement was we swap and he pay my install 200$ we met up. I gave him my diff he gave me $200. I get a call from him saying the diff was bad making noises. So I did what was right. I had a guy at a dealership do a warranty swap. But the thing was he now had a 345 diff in a 3.27 car. Not going to fly by gm. I paid 200 for new 345 gears to be installed and another 150 for used 327 gears so gm would have warranty gears and another 100 to the guy at gm for doing me a favor. I'm out 450 in parts just to make things alright.
Guy at gm told me he didn't replace posi unit but rebuilt it.
He got car back and everything was ok for a few weeks. I was going to give him 200 back because of what happened as a nice guy because I felt bad. Even though now he had a new diff pretty much.

I never met up with him to give him the money for diff he had that was mine.

Few weeks go by I get a text from him saying he had one tire fire. And saying the diff was bad again. I explained to him what I was told from my guy at dealership. I tried texting and calling him for the next 3 days to see what was up with no response. Calls went straight to voice mail. And I have proof of all text messages. I told him I wanted the diff back. But. He can have it to sell to fix his. Idk anymore. I'm already out almost a grand and this from buying the diff all the new gears and paying the gm guy.

I did what I could to help him
Not saying he's a bad guy. He was a great guy handled every thing cool and calm. We even joked about stuff. Hes a great guy.

I wanted to get my story in there.

Sorry I will not display names of gm dealership or gm tech because what they did was not legal and I'm not looking to get anyone fired and me and OP stuck in jail.
iisme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:52 AM   #19
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Hmmmmm...I think it's a wash. The guy did due diligence to make it right and then some. Give him his part.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #20
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by revychevy View Post
Hmmmmm...I think it's a wash. The guy did due diligence to make it right and then some. Give him his part.
Yeah, I agree. Chock it up to lessons learned - don't buy used drivetrain parts. Especially rear gears!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:53 AM   #21
iisme13

And if he wants to give me the diff. I'll be more than happy to give him the 200 that I told him I would give him after I sell the diff.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:02 AM   #22
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Bottom line seems to be that the OP bought used parts from someone who also bought them used and really could not vouch for the condition or functionality. Seller tried to make it right and for approximately 1000 miles all was good. OP then took the car to a track event and the next thing the posi's toast.

Sorry, but used parts or not, track events and burnouts can have unexpect consequences. Sounds like the deal should be completed since all involved were acting in good faith and the seller shouldn't be held responsible for the durability of the gears outside of normal driving conditions. (Sound like a damn dealer service manager, but facts are facts).
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #23
iisme13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
Bottom line seems to be that the OP bought used parts from someone who also bought them used and really could not vouch for the condition or functionality. Seller tried to make it right and for approximately 1000 miles all was good. OP then took the car to a track event and the next thing the posi's toast.

Sorry, but used parts or not, track events and burnouts can have unexpect consequences. Sounds like the deal should be completed since all involved were acting in good faith and the seller shouldn't be held responsible for the durability of the gears outside of normal driving conditions. (Sound like a damn dealer service manager, but facts are facts).
That's what I said. But oh well. Op still won't talk to me.