Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Adam's 4th of July Sale & Cyclo Introduction!

As promised, the CYCLO is here! Be sure to check out the newly revamped Machine Kit Section. You'll notice that we now sell the Cyclo and Flex separately from the kits for those who have already bought polishes and pads and maybe don't need a whole kit.

There are additional deals in the Detail Supply Specials section, plus don't forget to use the code LIBERTY to take 15% off your entire purchase!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Great! Whats the benefit of the cyclo?
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Do as I did, watch the video. Then do as I am going, buy the kit! FS: Porter Cable, LOL!
Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Its all covered in this video:

but the cliffnotes version -

Low Vibration - the most balanced tool in the polishing business by a long shot. The heads oscillate at perfect opposition to eachother creating a tool that vibrates less than anything else you've ever used.

Concentrated Polishing - if you've ever used a 4" pad on the PC or similar tool you know that the smaller OD pads concentrate the polishing power (lots of math here I can throw out) Take that concept and apply it to 2 heads and you get a tool that doesn't require high speed to correct, yet still cuts extremely well. The cap speed is 3200opm on the Cyclo and honsestly thats all it needs.

Looks Awkward, but Isn't - it does look obtuse, but once you get to using it you find that it actually can get into far more places than any other polisher on the market. Contact path is roughly 9" when you hold it upright (and add throw distance) but you can easily turn it sideways for a path a little over 4". You can hit A pilars and transition right into door panels in one shot. No switching pads/plates. No switching tools.

Solid Cast Aluminum Housing - its built like a tank... but still weighs about 7lbs. Other than the handle the tool casing itself is comprised of a couple solid cast parts... making it the most sturdy tool I've ever had my hands on that wasn't built before I was born.

60 Years and still going - The cyclo has been built for 60 years now... they still service tools that old and can swap any part, upgrade, etc any cyclo. No small feat considering the way most tools are now a days. The design is pretty ingenious, and the brushes and all other parts are very easily serviced yourself or sent into Cyclo for cleaning/maintenance. They've basically been refining and upgrading the same tool for 60 years... pretty much they've worked out all the bugs at this point.

Made in the USA - each one is still hand made and assembled in Longmont, CO (just up the road from us). It matters to us as a company and I know its not a priority for everyone, but theres not many companies building tools here in the US anymore. The Cyclo is definitely the 'last man standing' in the polisher business.

Last edited by Adam's Polishes; 07-02-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
CaryE1

Drives: Black 2011 2LT
Oh, I'm gonna get in trouble at home... Just spent $400 bucks at your sale
Old 07-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

If you need an excuse I'll vouch for you... Nick@Adams threatened you with physical violence if you didn't order at least $400 in product... I heard him. Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it
Old 07-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Nice. Right after I bought all my porter cable supplies

Do you guys not offer the porter cable anymore?
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #8
67RS2010SS

Drives: Maroon 67 rs and CRT 2012 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Nice. Right after I bought all my porter cable supplies

Guess not I don't see it on their website
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #9
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Check out the video above... it covers that.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
I put this in my cart about 8 times last night! Finally ended up getting s different brand and letting all you obsessive OCD guys Guinea pig it for me so hurry up and buy!
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:54 PM   #11
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Probably a stupid question but why do you not sell the Porter Cable because its made in China but you will sell the Flex that is made in Germany?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Probably a stupid question but why do you not sell the Porter Cable because its made in China but you will sell the Flex that is made in Germany?
You are not seriously asking this, are you?

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 07-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Simple. Germany isn't undermining the American economy with cheap, exploitive, child labor. China is.

Our line is almost entirely USA Made, down to even our bottles, caps, and sprayers
(lots of companies try to use the technical loophole here and use cheap imported plastics to pack their USA made wax, cleaner, etc)

The exceptions we do make in the name of having a complete line, like the flex, are limited to countries where the workers are paid a working wage, first world countries, where people enjoy the same freedoms and standard of living we do. This means no China.

For example we'd consider selling the Rupes (made in Italy) but wouldn't consider selling the cheap Harbor Freight tool as its made in China, even though the factory has contacted us offering it to us.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Simple. Germany isn't undermining the American economy with cheap, exploitive, child labor. China is.

Our line is almost entirely USA Made, down to even our bottles, caps, and sprayers
(lots of companies try to use the technical loophole here and use cheap imported plastics to pack their USA made wax, cleaner, etc)

The exceptions we do make in the name of having a complete line, like the flex, are limited to countries where the workers are paid a working wage, first world countries, where people enjoy the same freedoms and standard of living we do. This means no China.

For example we'd consider selling the Rupes (made in Italy) but wouldn't consider selling the cheap Harbor Freight tool as its made in China, even though the factory has contacted us offering it to us.
Gotcha! Thanks!