Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #29
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Frank, you put those powder coated calipers on your car yet? How do they look in person? Does it look like a job well done? Also do they look like somone else's beat up calipers??? Always scared getting something like this that is obviously from someone elses car and then sending in my calipers after. Hate to send my mint calipers and get something thats got beat up pistons and etc...

Please keep me posted if the calipers start changing color or chipping/flaking. Thanks!!!

If they hold up well for you I want a set of blue ones for my car
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #30
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
The filter is a TF49 from Turbohoses. The calipers I got from Andy at ADM. Excellent quality. I have not installed them yet, I'm waiting for new brake rotors (the two piece ones from Racing Brakes). I don't think the rotors will be here until the middle to end of Dec.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #31
FrankT

Here's another shot of the filter and a couple car shots...
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #32
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
thanks, do you think that filter is better than a K&N filter?? Is it a "dry" filter?
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #33
FrankT

Probably about the same, but I think it has more surface area because of the way it's made. It's oiled, just a different color. It kind of matches the car (like you'll ever be able to see it)!
Old 11-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #34
FrankT

Well, I'm waiting on parts for a few things. I got in on the Racing Brakes group buy on the two piece rotors. Also waiting on Pfadt springs and sway bars. So, I'll do a few electronic updates in the meantime. Got some CCFL tubes for footwell lighting. I'm trying to decide if I want these on only when the doors open, or on all the time. If I choose the latter, I'll need to find a way to dim them slightly when the doors close (my Cadillac does this). Got the blue lights and light tubes for the dash ABL. Need to install this. I've got most everything to do my fog light conversion. I'm replacing the DRL's with the factory fog light housings. They are different. I'll be installing white LED halo's from AAC to use as the DRL's and on with the headlights/factory halos. These will turn off when the fog lights are turned on. Changing the headlight switch to the non-rs type with the fog light switch. I'm using 3000K HID's for the fog lights. I think fog lights should be yellow (I'm old school I guess). I also think you should only use fog lights when there actually is fog present. When it's raining is OK too, I guess. After this is done, I may post a different thread on this. There seems to be a little lacking info on the threads I've read as far as the wiring goes. Maybe I'll be able to help...
Old 12-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #35
FrankT

Working on the fog lights. In the first shot, you can see the difference in the fog vs. DRL housings. No adjustability on the DRL's. I cut the lens off with a band saw. I didn't just slice it off in one shot, rather I just kept cutting and turning it just enough to get the lens to come off. Then, I installed the LED halo ring. These suckers are bright! They'll make great DRL's. I still need to epoxy the lens back on, then do the other side.
Attached Images

Old 12-03-2009, 10:19 PM   #36
huggerorangss

Drives: c6 corvette
Hey FrankT,
Car is looking good =)!! Can't wait to see what it puts down numbers after the new intake setup. By any chance would you be able to help me out. I saw you are running the ADM rear widened wheel set up. Any chance you could PM me the width of the spacer you are running in the rear? I tried Pming Andy himself, I got the price, but no response after I agreed to buy a set. So I'm hoping to try and find them on my own. Once again any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Chris
huggerorangss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:04 AM   #37
DOM P

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to DOM P
Wheel widening

Frank I'm loooking to widen my wheels also who did them and how do they fit on the car and how wide did you make them PM me if you would much appreciated.

Dom P
DOM P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:57 PM   #38
FrankT

There has been a few questions as to the widened wheels I have put on the car. I got these from Andy at ADM Performance. You can read more about it here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45729. The spacers are 1" wide and are HUB CENTRIC both inside and outside. If you get a spacer from someone other than Andy, make sure it is a hub centric spacer to locate the wheel properly. You can reach Andy at: 214-228-8782. He has been a great guy to deal with.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2009, 03:03 PM   #39
FrankT

Also about the tires on the rear, they are Pirelli P Zeros, but a Ferrari spec tire that is a little stickier. Treadwear is only 160 vs. 220 for the stockers. The full spec is: 305/35 ZR20 (104Y). Discount Tire can get these (that's where I got mine).
Old 12-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #40
FrankT

Pfadt springs are here! My group buy springs arrived Friday. I hope the sways will be here on Monday. These should go on this week.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #41
FrankT

I'm running into a bit of a problem as far as making my fog/running lights work the way I want. First, one of the halo rings from AAC Style was defective, I'm still waiting for a replacement. Also, the way GM has designed this headlight- foglight- DRL circuit is not that simple. The DRL's are controlled by the BCM with a PWM (pulse width modulation) output. This is true for both the T4F (RS option) and the T4A (non-RS) headlight systems. In my 2006 GTO, they used a big power resistor to run the DRL circuit through to make the headlamps dimmer. Now, due to the PWM, I'm not sure if the voltage will be enough to run the halo rings to full brightness. This part I can work around by using a relay to get full voltage. The fog lights are the problem. They also are controlled by the BCM and I believe it has to be programmed for a RS OR non-RS car. The headlight switch for a foglight car does not use a simple switch to turn the foglamps on/off either. I'll probably have to internally modify the switch to make it do what I want it to do. It seems no mod is simple these days... I'll post more on this as I figure it out. I don't think it will be an undertaking for the unskilled or faint of heart.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #42
DOM P

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to DOM P
Thanks Frank the pics that you have posted above are those with the widened wheels on the car?
DOM P is offline   Reply With Quote