Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #1
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
The Official Xbox 720 Rumors and Release First Impressions

You'll be able to play 3D games wearing glasses in an entire room. Also the system will be 7-8 times more powerful then a Xbox 360. They'll be releasing two systems one for hardcore gamers and another for family entertainment for the new Kinect. The system requires you to be online at all times and (won't play used games) sorry guys. That has disappointed gamers that purchase used games off Gamestop. On a positive side you can play Blue-ray and it will have a DVR to save your favorite shows. Hinting at a major announcement coming at E3 in June. It is widely expected that the Xbox 720 release date will be in June.

SPECS: 8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.

So gamers are you satisfied or disappointed?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
if the rumors are right, I think the xbox wont do so good. but then I saw the vid was from Nov last year.
Waiting on new release stuff
as for used games, I RARELY buy used, so either way it won't effect me.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 PM   #3
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
if the rumors are right, I think the xbox wont do so good. but then I saw the vid was from Nov last year.
Waiting on new release stuff
as for used games, I RARELY buy used, so either way it won't effect me.
Giga power.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #4
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
MMMMM......might be time to sell off my backup 360 in prep for the new system....
Old 03-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
^ That's a really good idea!

I have a backup 360 as well.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
You'll be able to play 3D games wearing glasses in an entire room. Also the system will be 7-8 times more powerful then a Xbox 360. They'll be releasing two systems one for hardcore gamers and another for family entertainment for the new Kinect. The system requires you to be online at all times and (won't play used games) sorry guys. That has disappointed gamers that purchase used games off Gamestop. On a positive side you can play Blue-ray and it will have a DVR to save your favorite shows. Hinting at a major announcement coming at E3 in June. It is widely expected that the Xbox 720 release date will be in June.

SPECS: 8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there’s still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It’ll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.
The new Xbox won't be releasing in June. Before the PS4 announcement a couple weeks ago, insiders have said not to expect the new Xbox until next year. Since Sony announced that the PS4 will be released this fall, Microsoft may push for a holiday release as well but June is out of the question.

Although I am a Sony fan, personally I hope Microsoft decides to improve the specs of the Xbox since this vid was made because as of right now, the hardware is inferior to the specs of the PS4. After all, the better the competition, the better both systems will be in the future.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Interesting...
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
Old 03-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
now this becoming like the future that the Jetson's promised me .....
Old 03-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
So...I wonder if it would still be compatible with the 360 games? My collection of games is extensive, and I bought them new. But to the 720 system, they would be used?

The horror...
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
I just hope they can make a reliable product. As a someone who has never owned a xbox of any type and never will, all I hear is horror stories about the RRODs.
That, and it would be nice to not have to play with kids on the online service. The 'xbox kids' don't have a good name going for them.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
So...I wonder if it would still be compatible with the 360 games? My collection of games is extensive, and I bought them new. But to the 720 system, they would be used?

The horror...
Right now, neither system will be backwards compatible. Sony plans on getting around this by using the PS Cloud. It is not known yet if Microsoft has any plans on how they are going to approach backwards compatibility. However keep in mind, most of the 360's games are done in HDDVD and Blu-ray does not read HDDVD's. Unless Microsoft includes a HDDVD drive in the new Xbox, you won't be able to play them.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Right now, neither system will be backwards compatible. Sony plans on getting around this by using the PS Cloud. It is not known yet if Microsoft has any plans on how they are going to approach backwards compatibility. However keep in mind, most of the 360's games are done in HDDVD and Blu-ray does not read HDDVD's. Unless Microsoft includes a HDDVD drive in the new Xbox, you won't be able to play them.
It's funny the 360 is selling more then the Wii U.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #13
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
It's funny the 360 is selling more then the Wii U.
Yea. The Wii U is a complete failure. But this was pretty much expected when they first announced it.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #14
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Yea. The Wii U is a complete failure. But this was pretty much expected when they first announced it.
Back to the drawing board now. I'm looking forward to 2014 competition man.

Closed Thread