Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #1
Tweiten
Tweety

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RS
Angry The hell's wrong with my car?!

Saturday I got a CEL. Went to Autozone got the code p0008. I Immediately called a dealership and set up an appointment for today (Monday) at 9AM. I went to drive my car to the dealership today and the light was off. I decided to still bring it in to have them look at it. Now after 6 hours of waiting I get a call back saying they need to keep the car and check the engine. They said that everything should be covered under my warranty and that I will get a rental.

I'm just sad. I want my Camaro back. How long does it take to fix a p0008 code and will it really be covered under my warranty?!

Tweiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #2
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
think it has to do with the timing...
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #3
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Maybe the dreaded V6 timing chain issue (stretch).
Old 06-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #4
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
after a quick search I think your right.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
The LLT engines have a known issue with the timing chains pre-maturely "stretching". I had to have mine replace at around 54k. Luckily, it usually is cover by warranty, though I have heard that some dealerships have tried to blame it on not changing the oil to spec or letting the oil run low. Mine saw the code and repaired it with no questions asked. There are lots of links to this issue and the LLT 3.6 engines.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #6
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweiten View Post
Saturday I got a CEL. Went to Autozone got the code p0008.
Sorry to hear that. Hope it turns out okay.

On a side note, I have used Auto Zone on several occasions with mediocre results...
Old 06-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
I have a '13 V6 M6. Was this issue corrected with the LFX's or is this something I'm ging to have to worry about as well?
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
I have a '13 V6 M6. Was this issue corrected with the LFX's or is this something I'm ging to have to worry about as well?
The chains where upgraded to correct the issue in late 2011. So you should be ok.

Sent from my 2SS/RS
Old 06-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #9
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Saturday I got a CEL. Went to Autozone got the code p0008. I Immediately called a dealership and set up an appointment for today (Monday) at 9AM. I went to drive my car to the dealership today and the light was off. I decided to still bring it in to have them look at it. Now after 6 hours of waiting I get a call back saying they need to keep the car and check the engine. They said that everything should be covered under my warranty and that I will get a rental.

I'm just sad. I want my Camaro back. How long does it take to fix a p0008 code and will it really be covered under my warranty?!
Tweiten,

Sorry to hear about the vehicle concern though I'm happy the dealership is making sure everything will be taken care of. Please keep us updated on this repair process! You are also more than welcome to message me if you have any other concerns involving the vehicle or the dealer.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
Tweiten
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
The LLT engines have a known issue with the timing chains pre-maturely "stretching". I had to have mine replace at around 54k. Luckily, it usually is cover by warranty, though I have heard that some dealerships have tried to blame it on not changing the oil to spec or letting the oil run low. Mine saw the code and repaired it with no questions asked. There are lots of links to this issue and the LLT 3.6 engines.
Haha, that's funny. I'm literally at 54k right now. Anyway thought, I asked the dealership about 3 maybe 4 times and they said it's defiantly under my powertrain. How long until I get my Camaro back? they have been working on it since 10AM today and will keep it until it's fixed.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
Tweiten
Tweety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Tweiten,

Sorry to hear about the vehicle concern though I'm happy the dealership is making sure everything will be taken care of. Please keep us updated on this repair process! You are also more than welcome to message me if you have any other concerns involving the vehicle or the dealer.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thank you, so far the guy I talked to seemed to make me happy. As long as I keep my money in my wallet I will be happy. The dealership I'm at is Gateway Chevrolet in Fargo, ND. The guy I'm talking to is Mike L from Service.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #13
Tweiten
Tweety

Thanks for all the replys guys. Not going to lie. Today made me question my loyalty to Chevy. But now I am feeling better after hearing my powertrain would cover it. I'm also glad to see that William R. from customer care commented on this thread. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:32 PM   #14
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Thank you, so far the guy I talked to seemed to make me happy. As long as I keep my money in my wallet I will be happy. The dealership I'm at is Gateway Chevrolet in Fargo, ND. The guy I'm talking to is Mike L from Service.
No problem,

We certainly value our customers! Thank YOU for the kind updates. It's good to see the dealership taking proper care of this situation. Let us know how everything turns out.

Regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care