Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
onegoofydad

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Sad story but the details amazed me...

I hate to see the results of racing on the street like this. But as I was reading this article I was really amazed that the driver that witnessed some of these events, mentioned it as a 2SS and an LT. Quite the details...

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/man-ch...vwZrYYXH7bEhL/
Old 07-28-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I know that area. Used to live up there. Sad these things have to happen by people who should know better. All of this could have been avoided. It just wasn't worth it.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:06 PM   #3
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Not to turn this tragedy into a joke or anything, but...

Danger is his last name!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:43 AM   #4
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Very sad indeed... Avoidable and no regard for the lives of the victims... Maybe his punishment should be to serve as a crash dummy until he meets his death...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 03:51 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Too many idiots trying to emulate movies.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 06:59 PM   #6
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Anybody caught street racing should have their car impounded and crushed. End of story.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:27 PM   #7
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
That is strange. It's almost as if the writer was a C5 enthusiast hisself. '2SS and LT' are hardly pertinent considering the outcome.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:36 PM   #8
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Not to turn this tragedy into a joke or anything, but...

Danger is his last name!
Believe that and you have been fooled.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:35 AM   #9
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
Natural selection at work.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:01 AM   #10
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
The other guy that died driving the convertible Camaro was also racing, but he's dead so he can't be charged. My point is that the "Danger" guy was not the only one responsible for the racing. He gets picked out as the "bad man" simply because he survived. Both were idiots to be racing around other vehicles (witness). That being said, we ALL have to be careful with our Camaros. I don't know many muscle car owners that don't "get on" their cars once in a while. Hopefully, we are careful on deserted roads. One false move and death or the jail house awaits, even for people that don't have a violent bone in their bodies.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:06 AM   #11
DvKillar

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
The other guy that died driving the convertible Camaro was also racing, but he's dead so he can't be charged. My point is that the "Danger" guy was not the only one responsible for the racing. He gets picked out as the "bad man" simply because he survived. Both were idiots to be racing around other vehicles (witness). That being said, we ALL have to be careful with our Camaros. I don't know many muscle car owners that don't "get on" their cars once in a while. Hopefully, we are careful on deserted roads. One false move and death or the jail house awaits, even for people that don't have a violent bone in their bodies.
exactly. also, so many Camaro owners that don't even know how their car operates! I saw a post earlier from the weekend about an SS owner that doesn't know what manual mode is and "accidentally" shifted his car with paddles. So we have car owners that could cause an accident from just failure to read the manual! oh yeah, nobody reads manuals anymore. nvm! lol
DvKillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:37 AM   #12
lkurek

Drives: 2015 CAMARO
A typical LT guy trying to keep up with the big boys...... I see this all the time driving around in my SS. A lot of the V6 owners try to get me to race them on the highway, I guess they have "little man syndrome" or whatever. I typically just laugh them off.....but still, its annoying.
lkurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:38 AM   #13
lkurek

Drives: 2015 CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
That is strange. It's almost as if the writer was a C5 enthusiast hisself. '2SS and LT' are hardly pertinent considering the outcome.
Im sure this was written from the police report
lkurek is offline   Reply With Quote