Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 05-28-2016, 10:56 PM   #15
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
welcome......nice ride.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:10 PM   #16
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Now that you got your new car for about two weeks , try to take a good night sleep !
Yeah , good luck with that , welcome to the C word
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:47 PM   #17
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
Congratulations on the 2012... my favorite year and transmission selection. Welcome to C5, glad you're hanging out.
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 04:55 AM   #18
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
yep 12 is the best year of the 5th gen.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #19
Spectacle13

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by IkoIko View Post
Congratulations on the 2012... my favorite year and transmission selection. Welcome to C5, glad you're hanging out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
yep 12 is the best year of the 5th gen.
This is what I heard from multiple people in different threads on this sub. I was looking at a '10 before this with 40k on it for about 5k less, but ended up catching this newly listed. It was at the top of my budget, but had much lower miles and was completely stock except for the shifter. So I jumped on it. Called the guy 4 hours after he listed it. Haha.
Spectacle13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 02:28 PM   #20
Spectacle13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass View Post
Now that you got your new car for about two weeks , try to take a good night sleep !
Yeah , good luck with that , welcome to the C word
Yeah.... I've been trying to find where they put that dang magnet underneath the right side pedal.... was it only an option with the ls3?
Old 05-29-2016, 02:31 PM   #21
Spectacle13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rssscamaro View Post
You can always change the shifter out to better fit your comfort/style. As for the bow ties I would check out River City. They do quality work

http://rivercitycreation.com/Single-...es-RCC-010.htm
I'm thinking about going with this Momo shifter, what do ya think?

http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...o__SUBKCA.html
Old 05-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #22
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacle13 View Post
Thanks! I'm in love with it! It's completely unmolested except for a Hurst short throw. I like the short throw but I'm not a huge fan of the leather wrapped knob they used because it's oblong and makes me want to hold it horizontally instead of on top.

Anyone got an opinion, I'm thinking about swapping the bowties out for some polished ones to match the wheels. Thoughts?
That shifter is the optional one I believe. I've gotten used to it on my 2011, had to have the dealer replace it under warranty because the "H" in Hurst stuck out and was sharp enough on one point to cut an errant finger. Don't know what the non-Hurst looks like - does anyone know if the knob is the same?

I like the Hurst logo, wish it came with one on the back deck lid too. Guess I could always put one there.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:47 PM   #23
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Nice car dude. That black.... looks sweet. Before I bought mine, I ran it through my buddy's indy shop to get checked out and he tried to get me to look at a '12 SS .... like his. Which, I believe by reading many, many posts on the subject, is largely considered the best model/year of the Gen5. So.... excellent find. Good luck.
Old 05-29-2016, 11:31 PM   #24
Spectacle13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Nice car dude. That black.... looks sweet. Before I bought mine, I ran it through my buddy's indy shop to get checked out and he tried to get me to look at a '12 SS .... like his. Which, I believe by reading many, many posts on the subject, is largely considered the best model/year of the Gen5. So.... excellent find. Good luck.
I'm glad to hear that. What are the technical reasons though? What did they change/fix in '12?
Old 05-30-2016, 12:14 AM   #25
Mr. Stacy
El Duderino

Drives: 2011 2LTRS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacle13 View Post
I'm glad to hear that. What are the technical reasons though? What did they change/fix in '12?
Basically, just addressed early model issues. A late '11 should have most of the fixes IIRC...

Good reading here...

http://www.hotrod.com/features/hrdp-...parts-failure/
Old 05-30-2016, 01:19 AM   #26
Spectacle13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stacy View Post
Basically, just addressed early model issues. A late '11 should have most of the fixes IIRC...

Good reading here...

http://www.hotrod.com/features/hrdp-...parts-failure/
Good reading indeed, answers a few of the questions I had on what lasted to what horsepower. Any articles on longevity of a mild supercharged engine like an LSA conversion?
Old 05-30-2016, 01:28 AM   #27
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
the 12 got a better FE4 suspension, still has a CD player, has the dash insert. Door lock switch on the doors, Back up camera standard on 2LT and 2SS models. Im forgetting somethings. The 13s came with electronic steering which is a + and you still have the 4 tail lights but you lost the cd player and can only play mp3s. So I say the 12 is better than the 13 because of the cd player.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:20 PM   #28
Spectacle13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
the 12 got a better FE4 suspension, still has a CD player, has the dash insert. Door lock switch on the doors, Back up camera standard on 2LT and 2SS models. Im forgetting somethings. The 13s came with electronic steering which is a + and you still have the 4 tail lights but you lost the cd player and can only play mp3s. So I say the 12 is better than the 13 because of the cd player.
Yeah, that radio sucks though, I'm really disappointed in the aftermarket options for having to replace your climate controls. I actually like the way chevy did our controls. I wish they would have thought about aftermarket stereos... they can't possibly have thought people were going to keep this half hearted system after listening to the quality of the "7 speaker Boston acoustics" system for 5 minutes.