Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-13-2018, 12:01 AM   #1
Tomsusername

Drives: Velvet Blue Metallic 2015 1SS 1LE
Things your often asked as a 1LE owner...

"Did you do the Matt-black hood wrap yourself?"

"Where did you get those wheels?"

"Does it have a stick?"

"Those hood vents don't really do anything, do they?" (14-15)

"How much horsepower does it have?" (Then again, maybe everyone gets that question if their car has more than 6 cylinders.)

"That's a nice... Challenger, right?"

Am I the only one who's gotten these questions, and have I missed any?

I'd put "What's a 1LE?", but honestly, no one's ever asked me that IRL.
Tomsusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:59 AM   #2
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
other day as I my car was running, about to leave a parking space, with the windows down, a guy stuck his head in the passenger window and asked "Is that a V8?" Mind you, I have 1LE, SS badges on the car, npp exhaust and he was an older gentlemen so it threw me off. I was like "yep" and he said GREAT!, because the V6 is a bitch car.
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Sadly, those are all pretty standard questions heard by most 1LE owners. In my experience, even most Camaro owners don't know what 1LE means.

1. Clueless 5th gen V6 1LT owner in a parking lot says to me: "I have a 1LE, too!"

2. As a 15 CRT 1LE entered a parking lot, I commented to a 5th gen owner who I'd known for about a year (in fact, he has owned two V8 5th gens), "Hey, nice looking 1LE arriving." He replied, "What's a 1LE?"
Old 11-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #4
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKlutch View Post
Sadly, those are all pretty standard questions heard by most 1LE owners. In my experience, even most Camaro owners don't know what 1LE means.

1. Clueless 5th gen V6 1LT owner in a parking lot says to me: "I have a 1LE, too!"

2. As a 15 CRT 1LE entered a parking lot, I commented to a 5th gen owner who I'd known for about a year (in fact, he has owned two V8 5th gens), "Hey, nice looking 1LE arriving." He replied, "What's a 1LE?"
Plenty of people I've met don't even know what a "SS" is, so I dont try to educate them

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:51 PM   #5
CamaroDreams76
Tri-County Camaro SWFL

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS/1LE
I've gotten all of those except the 14/15 hood vent question. Even gotten the what's a 1LE question

Most common ones are is it a v8, is it stick, and how much power.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:05 PM   #6
HOJO

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS/RS 1LE 1967 Camaro
I picked my 1LE UP IN OCTOBER OF 13, it’s a 14 though. Young kid comes up and says, is that a new Z28. I said no, it’s a 1LE. Had to explain a 1LE to him. Darn younger generation. Lol ��
HOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:07 AM   #7
Yellow Bullet

Drives: 2017 Chevy Sonic RS 1.4T
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
I picked my 1LE UP IN OCTOBER OF 13, it’s a 14 though. Young kid comes up and says, is that a new Z28. I said no, it’s a 1LE. Had to explain a 1LE to him. Darn younger generation. Lol ��
I'm 20 so I'm pretty young but a huge car enthusiast. I admit MOST younger folk don't have a clue, and that's really sad

2017 Sonic Mosaic Black RS 1.4T
Yellow Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:30 AM   #8
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
LOL! I grew up in the Eighties, early nineties, concerning 1LE's, we would ask...

1.) Does it have A/C? If it does it's not a 1LE....
2.) Does it have a radio? If it does it's not a 1LE....
3.) does it have power options, such as windows and locks? If it does it's not a 1LE....

The new 1LE designation is hilarious to me. A 1LE means no power or convienence options at all, period. It's a street race car, that's it period!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #9
Chevyjk33

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaKlutch View Post

I regularly go to local car shows, drag racing, autocross and road course HDPE stuff and the ONLY place where I get a few folks that know what a 1LE is at road course tracks. No one else knows what a 1LE is. I am quite the GM fanboy, but god almighty does GM marketing SUCK SO BAD. Its no wonder Mustangs and now even Challengers are outselling the 6th gen Camaros.
Chevyjk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #10
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post
LOL! I grew up in the Eighties, early nineties, concerning 1LE's, we would ask...

3.) does it have power options, such as windows and locks? If it does it's not a 1LE....

The new 1LE designation is hilarious to me. A 1LE means no power or convienence options at all, period. It's a street race car, that's it period!
They stripped down the Z28 instead this round
Old 11-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #11
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Bullet View Post
Plenty of people I've met don't even know what a "SS" is, so I dont try to educate them
Agreed. I educate exactly zero of them.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:50 PM   #12
graf101
Trouble_SM

Drives: 17' Summit White ZL1
"Is that an SS?" My plates are K1NG1LE and I have custom 1LE badging. -rolls eyes
graf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 02:07 PM   #13
Tomsusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOJO View Post
I've gotten that question, too. Forgive me Great & Powerful Camaro5 Forum Members, for I have lied to people I genuinely knew would not know better simply because I was too tired to explain what a 1LE is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN357 View Post

I get it... but the way I see it, having no AC and radio doesn't make someone any "more" of a gear-head. It just makes you hot and sweaty. I've driven "race cars" on the street before, and it gets old after about 15 min. On the track, it's a different story.

In truth, I bought a 5th gen 1LE for everything it comes with that makes it a great track toy, as well as a street car. Before I bought this car, I had a deposit on a Boss 302. A non-1LE SS wasn't even an option for me. Dealers and salesmen were clueless as to why.

But, then again, I'm a millennial... according the the media, I ruin everything.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:13 PM   #14
Tomsusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyjk33 View Post
I regularly go to local car shows, drag racing, autocross and road course HDPE stuff and the ONLY place where I get a few folks that know what a 1LE is at road course tracks. No one else knows what a 1LE is. I am quite the GM fanboy, but god almighty does GM marketing SUCK SO BAD. Its no wonder Mustangs and now even Challengers are outselling the 6th gen Camaros.
The one plus side to no one knowing what a 1LE is: Civic Type R owners are often left FURIOUS because they expect to gain on me in the corners... but don't.