Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-11-2018, 02:06 PM   #1
MLam

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Questions on installing Curt trailer hitch from GM Parts

This is my first post on the forum and enjoying all the interesting information I've uncovered so far about the car. Just started driving my 2018 Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro SS 1LE (600 kms) and wanted to install a GM Part #19354462 Hitch-Mount Accessory Carrier to hold my bike rack from Curt Mfg.

I started by removing several screws inside the wheel wheels and underneath the rear valance. From there it looks like there's a couple of electrical connectors on the drivers side rear of the car that need to be disconnected. I've tried to disconnect them, but can't figure out how. From there I would assume the rear valance/bumper cover can be removed. Also can't figure out how to release the clips that hold this on. There's a video on YouTube from another manufacturer but they don't seem to give any details to help with my questions above.

If anyone can provide some additional details it would be appreciated. I've gone to the local dealer to see if they can complete the job and they want 3 hrs labour over $300. I'd rather do it myself and save the dollars for some other upgrades like maybe a catch can etc....

Thanks in advance for any details from the forum

MLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:34 PM   #2
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
3 hours? Its only 0.4 to put it in. If this link works, have a look at the pricing for the part, and the installed price: https://accessories.gm.com/cavneub-w...ing?sortId=top

https://assets.curtmfg.com/masterlib..._11900_INS.PDF

From GM:

Quote:
Carefully push a small nylon wedge between the fascia and the rear fascia guide. Insert a small flat-bladed tool into the fascia slot and depress the snaps one at a time and pull on the fascia at the same time to gradually remove the fascia from the rear fascia guide.
There is a bunch of those tabs that lock the fascia into the plastic guides that are attached to the body. The guide has the tab, and the fascia has the rectangular opening that receives the tab.

As for the connector, it might have a lock on it? The taillights should have a push in button that opens the tab to let you remove the connector. Some connectors might need a flathead to slide back a lock. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the connectors do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:06 PM   #3
MLam

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Here's a link to the YouTube I found:

at the 2 min mark they remove the drivers side connectors, but you can't really see how.

Do you need to remove the tail lights to access the tabs you referred to in the GM quote
MLam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:06 PM   #4
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
can you post pictures of the connectors, and do they have any identifying numbers?
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:28 PM   #5
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
3 hours? Its only 0.4 to put it in.
Yeah, but my dealer ended up putting in way longer on it, maybe around 3hrs, I remember waiting forever. They only charged me like $40-60 though, so that was pretty cool. Thanked them greatly.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #6
john94si

Drives: 17 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrlz View Post
can you post pictures of the connectors, and do they have any identifying numbers?
There are tabs that hold the bumper cover on. If you have not done this before it can be scary to pull it off. I did my full hitch install with wiring in 1 hour.
Attached Images

john94si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:03 PM   #7
Hops

Drives: 2019 1ss 1le, blue wrap
I just installed this, thanks to the OP for the thread i got the right part. But i'm wondering what the weight limit on the hitch is. The Curt document says 200lbs, but i remember the label on the part was 110lbs.

https://www.curtmfg.com/part/11900
Hops is offline   Reply With Quote