Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Learn from my mistake on SS Rear

Well today attempted taking off bowtie and place SS badge as seen on others here. Fishing wire, hair dryer and ready to go. I manage to get fishing wire under badge and worked my way towards the middle. Fishing line kept breaking. Apperently there are two plastic post that go into two holes in the trunks lid. ( I knew about the holes, but for some reason didnt think about the posts) I manage to get corners lifted, but when attempting to remove badge the corners made impressions in the paint. In one area very deep..Long story short undable to use the SS unless wanting blemish in paint where the corners of the bowtie sat. I could have caused these impressions when removing so be very very careful if wanting to do this mod or when removing Bowtie in general. The two posts going into the trunk make it very difficult to get bowtie off easly.

I ended up replacing the bowtie, but concerned about the lower drivers side corner and impression made. Very small, but one of those things you know is there and want to correct. Or more like kicking yourself and wanting to make right. The only solution I could find at the momemt was cutting of the drivers side post. This allows movement of the badge from side to side. I can nudge just enough to line up covering the blimish. However need to brainstrom how to secure in place while mantaining that exact position. If you move slightly area exposed. I thought about using AAC bowtie with LED but unsure if it will overlap enough to cover the area. If slightly larger it should work fine also. Anyone know the deminsions??

Soooo be careful when removing and protect the corners...Very bummed not able to use the SS like I wanted. Only was is to repaint lid and that just not worth it.

Good thing though installed my Billet Pedals today and look AUSOME along with getting my Loyd matts with Camaro/SS. Very nice product...
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #2
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
just remove it and buy the blackout for the back and then put the SS emblem on. that is what i did.

before

after
Old 02-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #3
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
very creative fix SSTony
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:51 PM   #4
ttexxan

hmmmmmmmm Now you have me thinking!!!! Where would I get black out peice Kinda like that
Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #5
SSTony

i got mine on ebay. make sure you tell the person not to precut the bowtie. there is the magnet version and the sticker version. like i said dont get the one precut for the bowtie.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #6
ttexxan

what version you recomemd as far as sticker or magnet? Thanks for the help and will make sure to get without bowtie
Old 02-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
hmmmmmmmm Now you have me thinking!!!! Where would I get black out peice Kinda like that

My Elementary School Art teacher once told me something that stuck for some reason:
"You can turn a 'mistake' into 'on purpose' by changing your drawing."
Old 02-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #8
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
We have the rear blackouts here.... http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam..._Blackout.html

With or without the bowtie pre-cut. If you have the bowtie off already, I would go with style B.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #9
ttexxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
We have the rear blackouts here.... http://www.ridergraphix.com/2010_Cam..._Blackout.html

With or without the bowtie pre-cut. If you have the bowtie off already, I would go with style B.
Funny I just pm you
Old 02-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
SSTony

well i went with the sticker. it took some time getting all the bubbles out but it came out ok. the magnet one has to come off and you must clean behind it all the time. Go with the sticker IMO
Old 02-21-2010, 12:22 AM   #11
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

My Elementary School Art teacher once told me something that stuck for some reason:
"You can turn a 'mistake' into 'on purpose' by changing your drawing."
I'm gonna steal that
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #12
TRSS2

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Black RS
i know this may sound silly, but I removed my bowtie yesterday and ran into a similar issue, of being able to get the sides upand not the middle, then I got a zip tie and zipped it together just a bit and wedged it under the bowtie and pulled it right off, no blemishes, no scratches, no problem
AAC interior red dome lights, footwell lights, SMD wheel well lights, led pods, afterburners(SMD), RED/WHITE halo headlights and fog lights, Nite Rider scanner times 2, illuminated bowtie, T-REX black phantom billet grill upper and lower, had vinyl blackouts-they turned out to be illegal . Soon to have LTLAudio door projectors.

Last edited by TRSS2; 03-15-2010 at 10:33 AM. Reason: grammar
TRSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
that's why I'm not changing any of my emblems.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:02 AM   #14
2010Bill

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSS2 View Post
i know this may sound silly, but I removed my bowtie yesterday and ran into a similar issue, of being able to get the sides upand not the middle, then I got a zip tie and zipped it together just a bit and wedged it under the bowtie and pulled it right off, no blemishes, no scratches, no problem
Good catch.....That's what I'll be doing this afternoon after work.....
2010Bill is offline   Reply With Quote