Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-11-2019, 08:50 PM   #29
skongolf

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Black Vert
So I got my Borla S type Cat Back put on today and with the combo of the Kooks LT headers, it is AWESOME!!! Yes it is not as loud as the Flowmaster set up BUT the bad vibrations I was having are now gone as the FM 3" cat back was too big and was hitting on the tunnel and cross braces. No more clunking over bumps and the tone is great when cruising and deep when getting after it. Highly recommedned!
skongolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #30
doug@theautostores

Drives: 2014 camaro lt2 convertible
I put the MRT v2 on my 14. They sound great good tone but no reverb back in the car like some of the other brands have
doug@theautostores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 12:38 PM   #31
NewCamaroSSowner

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS convertible
best exhaust for 2011 Camaro SS convertible

I just bought a low mileage pristine 2011 Camaro SS and I want to upgrade the exhaust. I want a deep low sounding tone if I get some horse power boast get if not that's ok. I don't really want to add headers or get in to the motor I plan on leaving it stock and would like to keep this on a smaller budget. I been reading where not all systems work on the convertibles so what would be the best solution for what I want to do, a complete system or cat back? I have been considering Magna Flow and Flow Master for their sound, but read on here where solo is a good choice, also what about the NPP factory system offered on later Camaros? I heard one on a this sight where they made the valve open all the time and it sounded great. I am open to suggestions while I like it deep and loud I also don't want it so bad that is drives me crazy with the top down or on a long trip on the highway. Thanks everyone for all the help.
NewCamaroSSowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:09 PM   #32
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
I installed an npp oem exhaust that I purchased on Craigslist . It bolted up easily and the only thing I had to do was build a vacuum system to actuate the valves. I used An electrical vacuum pump for a brake system and a rocker switch that I placed on the side of the console.

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 04:56 PM   #33
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
Hooker black heart exhaust fits our convertibles, and the only exhaust company that’s has the functional NPP exhaust.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:08 AM   #34
Crazych66

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCamaroSSowner View Post
I just bought a low mileage pristine 2011 Camaro SS and I want to upgrade the exhaust. I want a deep low sounding tone if I get some horse power boast get if not that's ok. I don't really want to add headers or get in to the motor I plan on leaving it stock and would like to keep this on a smaller budget. I been reading where not all systems work on the convertibles so what would be the best solution for what I want to do, a complete system or cat back? I have been considering Magna Flow and Flow Master for their sound, but read on here where solo is a good choice, also what about the NPP factory system offered on later Camaros? I heard one on a this sight where they made the valve open all the time and it sounded great. I am open to suggestions while I like it deep and loud I also don't want it so bad that is drives me crazy with the top down or on a long trip on the highway. Thanks everyone for all the help.

If you want a deep and low sound, you can't beat the Solo Mach XC catback. I have the Solo axleback and the sound is great!
2012 Camaro SS Convertible: 2SS, LS3, M6, Triple Black. Mods: Solo Axleback, 1LE FE6 rear swaybar, CAGS delete, Vararam CAI, Heritage grill, Hotchkis springs, '15 FE4 struts/shocks, ZL1 side rockers, Velgen Classic5 wheels, Pedders radius rod bushings, ARH LTHs, gutted HFCs,...
Crazych66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:54 PM   #35
NewCamaroSSowner

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS convertible
I have since found out that my 2011 Camaro SS L99 convertible has a Borla axle back on it and since it doesn't say Atak or S system on it I am assuming its the touring one. As I said in my earlier post its a little quiet but like the deep tone just want it louder. I am thinking of doing a resonator delete with a H pipe or X leaning H since its supposed to be deeper sounding and more low end torque. I am worried about the AFM should I think about a Range disabler ?
NewCamaroSSowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #36
KickerZ71

Drives: Camaro SS
Another vote for Solo here, it’s a nice sound. Deep and classic muscle car sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KickerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 03:56 PM   #37
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCamaroSSowner View Post
I have since found out that my 2011 Camaro SS L99 convertible has a Borla axle back on it and since it doesn't say Atak or S system on it I am assuming its the touring one. As I said in my earlier post its a little quiet but like the deep tone just want it louder. I am thinking of doing a resonator delete with a H pipe or X leaning H since its supposed to be deeper sounding and more low end torque. I am worried about the AFM should I think about a Range disabler ?

If you start to update your exhaust chain, you will need a range otherwise you will get the dreaded CamaroFart... Or just spend the extra and get it tuned. I did a muffler delete on my car and it wasn't that bad (other then the farting when the car drops to v4). I eventually went with LTH/HFC with Xpipe and a tune.

joe...
Old 05-18-2021, 04:13 PM   #38
bearpaw2011

Drives: 2011 PACE CAR AUTOMATIC
for what its worth, i put borlas on my 2011 convertable, fit fine.
bearpaw2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #39
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I have American Racing long tube headers and full Borla ATAK on mine. Sounds amazing. I have a video on my iPhone but it wouldn’t let me attach it.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 11:33 PM   #40
Camaro2ss6speed

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2ss
i just delete my muffler ran straight exhaust with 4 inch tips quads love the popping it makes <3 @ 4k rpm
Camaro2ss6speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:15 AM   #41
Mario2425

Drives: Camaro SS 2012
I have my Camaro SS with Borla ATAK catback with Afe CAI and I love the sound ! Week ago I received my Kooks long tube headers with green cats. Can’t wait to get them install on my car.
Mario2425 is offline   Reply With Quote