Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-09-2018, 10:24 AM   #1
agent5

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS (+RS) + Hurst+ DME
New Procharger D1SC install coming along nicely

Hi,
I just wanted to share my car build as it comes along. I've swapped out an old procharger, put in some dynatech LTH and dynatech supercats, got new brake disks and pads while at it, and have a black finish helical gear D1SC put in (man that thing is stealthy, practically no noise). Hopefully today or tomorrow I'll be getting the tune.

I can't wait to get the car back. Also, with those dynatech headers (but kept the dual mode exhaust) it's pretty loud and sounds almost like it has a after market cam, pretty cool.
Attached Images

agent5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #2
Taylortoons

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Looks good. I have the helical cut as well. What kind of hp/boost were you running with the old Procharger? What are you expecting out if this setup?
Old 08-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #3
agent5

On the old one it was a stock bolt on and on dyno dynamics (heart breaker) I got close to around 480 @ 7.5PSI, but they did stop the pull too early if you look at the results (stock was probably around ~325). In this new setup with headers and a little more boost (we're aiming for around 10PSI) I hope to see 550 or so. Keep in mind 550 on this dyno is probably ~600 on others but we're testing relative gains, right? :-)
This is my daily driver so not hurting reliability was really my top priority.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2018, 11:33 PM   #4
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
Looking like a good build. I do like my centrifugal supercharger. Very smooth linear power.
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #5
TitusSS

Drives: ECS Supercharged 2010 SS
Dynatech Supercats

I hope you keep us posted on the CATs. I remember Ted was pushing these as something that would survive boost. Super pricey from what I recall but if they work at higher boost they might be worth it.
TitusSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #6
agent5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusSS View Post
I hope you keep us posted on the CATs. I remember Ted was pushing these as something that would survive boost. Super pricey from what I recall but if they work at higher boost they might be worth it.
I sure will, I was hoping to get the car back but during the tuning phase the dyno RPM sensor was giving trouble (nothing related to the car) so only partial tuning was completed. Hopefully sometime this week the dyno will get repaired and the thorough tuning can get completed. The only thing I can say is that this system with the dual mode exhaust sounds amazing, almost like straight pipes on idle, the glass around was shaking!
I'll keep everyone posted