Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
Additional gauges

When driving my Camaro today (LS model) I got to thinking that I might like to have some of the other gauges available to me that aren't included in my model after all. I know the higher models/packages have the four in the center console underneath the Air Conditioning controls, but mine just has a change tray there. I'm okay with that, and I knew that when I bought it. I was okay with it because, though very cool and retro, I didn't like the idea of having them there.

Has anyone else with the LS found any aftermarket gauges that go well with your interior, and are a relatively easy install? I know many cars do it many different ways, but I like all my gauges to be right in front of me, behind the steering wheel where I can keep track of everything at a glance.

If anyone has any suggestions for this I'd love to hear it. Even a gauge set would be okay with me. I have a pickup truck that has no RPM gauge, so if I bought a set for my Camaro and it had one of those in it, I'd just put it in my old pickup and still make use of it. I'd be interested in seeing any photos where anyone else here has added gauges to their LS so I can get some ideas about aesthetics, mounting location ideas, etc. Thanks in advance for any help.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Kurushio

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT RS (M6)
You can buy that gauge cluster and center console for like 350 or so i think and you may need a new power harness or something but im not sure. I just know alot of people have put it in thier cars and it was pretty easy for most of them.
Kurushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 PM   #3
LoneCynic

I could do that, but then it means I have to take my eyes off the road completely and look down to read them. I really don't like them there. I actually like the change tray in my car there. I stash my sunglasses and phone there. I'd really prefer to try and find an option where I could have the other gauges right around or next to the main ones behind the steering wheel.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #4
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
I got it on my 1LT... so same situation as your LS. Came with the tray. Easy to install, took me 45 minutes. But I can do it in less than 20 minutes now that I know my way around it. I bought the kit for 320 dollars... if you buy the kit, you get everything in the box. Harness, Gauges, and a replacement console piece. I love how they light up at night, and guests who ride in my car see the gauges right away. They tell me its like having interior Eye Candy for passengers. =D
Old 08-04-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
I could do that, but then it means I have to take my eyes off the road completely and look down to read them. I really don't like them there. I actually like the change tray in my car there. I stash my sunglasses and phone there. I'd really prefer to try and find an option where I could have the other gauges right around or next to the main ones behind the steering wheel.
You'd never actually look at them while driving anyways... If you want exact readings infront of you... you can get something like a Dashhawk.

http://spadesv6.blogspot.com/2010/07...-dashhawk.html
Old 08-05-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
LoneCynic

I've seen additional gauge kits at pep boys, auto-zone, advance auto and even some other locations around my area. I could go with one of those, but was just curious if there were any other gauge kits available that might be of higher caliber/quality that I might purchase from an online shop that would go well with the interior in my Camaro. This is really the way I want to do it, so any suggestions/advice along those lines would be appreciated. I'd much prefer to have all the gauges right in the dash area in front of me.