Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Long term vehicle complaints I cannot attest to as I have only test driven serveral 04-06 "GTO's", but there are several points made that I will agree with. Here are a few things I noticed:

"The good":
Near useable backseat
Great power
Comfortable seats
LS2
Spacious interior
Overall stylish interior

"The bad":
4 speed automatic...BORING
Solid color optional interiors were a bit much
WAY too skinny rear tires
Looked like a big Sunfire
LS1 wasn't quite enough engine for the size of car
Dual exhaust on 04 models
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #16
TurboNarwhal

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Looked like a big Sunfire
I embraced it

Old 12-22-2014, 06:31 PM   #17
2013 ZL1 #7860

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 #7860
I'm not gonna lie. I had a Cavalier in high school and a Cobalt. When the GTO came out everybody thought it looked like a big Cavalier/Cobalt. I kind of liked that about it. For the money (used) they can't be beat IMO.
2013 ZL1 #7860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #18
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Loved mine for the couple of years I owned it. No issues and fit and finish was great.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:09 PM   #19
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboNarwhal View Post
I embraced it

That's AWESOME! Even though they looked like a big Sunfire/Cavalier, they surprised the hell out of a lot of people.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #20
VOLmanTN
Go Vols!

Drives: 2011
I had an 05 Manual. My favorite part of the car was the seats. So comfy!

I wouldn't get a gto over a camaro if I had the choice. I never really fell in love with the exterior. I got a lot of compliments though. Not as many as the camaro but a surprising amount knew what the car was.
VOLmanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #21
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Had an 05 6.0 manual torrid red with red leather. Full bolt ons torquer v3 cam, pacesetter long tube headers,volant cold air intake, tune etc. Made 440 to the rear and was a blast to drive. I loved the car to death but it was a bit bland and not as luxurious as the 2ss. I like the gto better because like mentioned earlier most car guys immediately knew what it was (a fast V8).
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #22
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
never owned one, but like most said, looked like an overgrown Cavalier. the appearance alone to me was a turnoff, and frankly, a dis service and slap in face to the original goats of the 60s . now, if you want to talk about 1965-1970 goats, then thats a different story. even though they were Pontiac Tempests converted back then, at least they had the styling. the ones from 04 on were boring, and obviously didnt sell as they were discontinued, then Pontiac closed shop for good. for looks, nothing beats the camaro
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:03 PM   #23
TN 2010 SS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had an 04 GTO that I traded for my '10 Camaro SS. They are two very different cars in lots of ways. I much, much, much prefer my SS in every way. The GTO did have very comfortable seats, but I found them to be hard to get into in tight spaces, and they became somewhat confining on long trips. Also, no heated seats, which I really like on my SS in cold weather. The Camaro is much easier to get in and out of, and has very comfortable seats to me that are great on long trips. I had two big problems with the GTO: 1) The electrical system totally drained the battery if not driven every few days. There were no electrical mods made that would have caused this. I put several different batteries in it, and nothing ever solved it. 2) The GTO had the worst brakes of ANY car that I've ever owned. They actually felt unsafe when driving, and that was one of the main reasons I got rid of it. Didn't want to get hurt or killed, or kill someone else because I couldn't stop in time. The sorry GTO brakes was also a primary factor in going for the SS model with the bigger Brembos. The GTO styling was also pretty bland, and the SS is styling is perfect and gorgeous. I've had cars in the past that I missed after I traded them, but not the GTO. Love the Camaro!!!
TN 2010 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #24
FilibustaRhymes

Drives: SS
I loved my '04 GTO. Only got rid of it because of the fuel prices in summer '08. Wish I hadn't.
FilibustaRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 12:00 AM   #25
kansjfr

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I still have my '04 GTO in Torrid RED, and still love it. I've never had anything go wrong with it in the 10 ears I've owned it. It's a very nice, comfortable car with V8 power and a nice 6-speed trans. The shifter is a lot longer throw than my '13 1LE, but the ride is much better, and I drive it in the winter when the weather is nice, which I can't with the 1LE because of the cracking tire issues. I bought it brand new in Dec. 2004 and got a $12k discount because the '05s were coming out with the 6.0 400 hp engine in them My plan is to keep it until I die. My son and both bought them at the same time (his is yellow) and we still have them. People used to criticize Pontiac because of all the boy-racer plastic on the car, and when the GTO came out without all that stuff, they complained about that. Go figure.
kansjfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #26
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Had '04 & '06....bought both new. Best GM interior hands down. If I could have afforded to keep the "06, I would have. Would buy one again....and still might. Much like buying the 10 SS, you were kinda guinnea pigs...we learned on the fly what worked and what didnt. The Aussie sites helped a lot. But again, two different cars with similar yet different technology. And for you Holden haters.....bear in mind they had a hand in the Camaro design as well.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #27
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
69 GTO (the judge ) are awesome pure cool , 2000's GTO are what got pontiac bankrupt imo
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 05:05 PM   #28
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Here's a dose of anecdotal for you:

You're on the Camaro forums (I get it, GTO = GM) asking this question.

I am NOT saying you're going to get a biased response. You will actually get good responses (you have) because the Camaro5 forums are the least toxic of car enthusiast forums you'll find on the internet.

What I AM saying is that I think you answered your own question by just posting this thread.

I personally think they completely ****ed up the GTO by making it so ****ing ugly.

Anywho...
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote