Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 12-18-2017, 11:25 PM   #57
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
Add this thread to the lengthy list where Scooter pops in to hype his Hellcat, and hype how’s he buying a ZL1 1LE (which he isn’t).
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:50 PM   #58
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Because that's what people do these days. Heaven forbid that you have something less than perfect to say about their car. You are supposed to feel what they feel or your a ____________(incert your favorite insult here). Im on the fence with buying one right now too over my hellcat. I know all the data and have read everything there is to read about the two cars. I also know that none of that ever meant anything to me outside of how a car makes me feel while behind the wheel. The ZL1 not feeling special to you doesnt make you a troll. I dont put stock in any "fanboy" comments from any forum. I don't care if its cars, washing machines, or air conditioners, a fanboy has blinders on to anything that may not be perfect or doesnt give someone the same feeling as them about their precious.
Or maybe because our forum has been getting trolled heavily by Ford and Dodge guys ever since they announced the 18 GT's numbers. So can you blame people for suspecting trolls? They're literally swarming over here.

Despite the things I say I am still an enthusiast. But the thing is I have no problem calling out any car for what it is despite how harsh my words might sound to some. And I do gravitate towards Chevy. All I can say to any of you who claim to be considering a ZL1 is that if you are on the fence or are unsure or if it takes you more than 2 weeks to come to a decision then it ain't the car for you. And 2 weeks is generous. So if it isn't the car for you then don't come on the forum telling us how you think this and that and how you want it to come with this or that option or whatever. It is an awesome car. And unless you're accustomed to exotic supercars and the like then then I would bet that you've never had a car quite like the 6th Gen ZL1.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:16 AM   #59
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Or maybe because our forum has been getting trolled heavily by Ford and Dodge guys ever since they announced the 18 GT's numbers. So can you blame people for suspecting trolls? They're literally swarming over here.
Ive been on this fourm since 2009(well C5 where this fourm was born from). I dont noitice the sea of trolls you are claiming. Maybe beause Im not focused on looking for them. I always looked at this Internet troll stuff as sort of childish. I used to play along, but anymore I just think of how silly it all is. I just chose not to play in that part of the Internet anymore. It isnt real anyhow.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:27 AM   #60
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Ive been on this fourm since 2009(well C5 where this fourm was born from). I dont noitice the sea of trolls you are claiming. Maybe beause Im not focused on looking for them. I always looked at this Internet troll stuff as sort of childish. I used to play along, but anymore I just think of how silly it all is. I just chose not to play in that part of the Internet anymore. It isnt real anyhow.
Except you call people fanboys, what a stupid word and childish.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 01:07 AM   #61
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Just because you don't notice it does not mean it doesn't exist. Look at how many "members" here have been banned or had their accounts suspended in the past 2 weeks. All of them with very new accounts and a very small amount of posts. Several members mentioned to me that people on Mustang forums have been literally bragging that they started up accounts over here and trolled. Even on this very thread a guy got banned for what I suspect was trolling. Are you really that oblivious?
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 02:50 AM   #62
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Just because you don't notice it does not mean it doesn't exist. Look at how many "members" here have been banned or had their accounts suspended in the past 2 weeks. All of them with very new accounts and a very small amount of posts. Several members mentioned to me that people on Mustang forums have been literally bragging that they started up accounts over here and trolled. Even on this very thread a guy got banned for what I suspect was trolling. Are you really that oblivious?
Well, it sounds like the mods are doing their jobs then. I guess that's mostly why Im not noticing an issue. Speaks volumes to the mods on this fourm. That's one of the reasons I keep coming back here. Ive gotten my fingers slapped in the past and it was deserved. If I was a mod, I would be looking for those kind of trouble makers, but Im not. The best thing anyone could do is to not reply when you spot someone like that. Then you are taking away what they are looking to achieve, and they will go away on their own. Too many of us are willing to play with them in their world that gets them off somehow. Ive played too. I tried not to get them off anymore. #leavethemblueballed.
Old 12-19-2017, 05:23 AM   #63
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
The ZL1 not feeling special to you doesnt make you a troll.
Just for the record, I simply stated I cannot fathom how a Z, let alone any car, can feel "special" in a 5 minute test ride with a salesman in the passenger seat. If that is the measure by which vehicles are judged, I have missed the boat. I never called anyone a "fanboy" or a "troll."

I stand by my comment. Perhaps ironically, I have yet to receive a lucid, meaningful response to my point.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 06:15 AM   #64
motorhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
Just for the record, I simply stated I cannot fathom how a Z, let alone any car, can feel "special" in a 5 minute test ride with a salesman in the passenger seat. If that is the measure by which vehicles are judged, I have missed the boat. I never called anyone a "fanboy" or a "troll."

I stand by my comment. Perhaps ironically, I have yet to receive a lucid, meaningful response to my point.
I can say from owning a lot of different cars over the years not many gave me that speacial feeling in a short 5min timeframe, but the ones that did ,and hold a speacial place with me, were instant. No more than 5mins required.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:21 AM   #65
JB'sZL1

Quote:
I can say from owning a lot of different cars over the years not many gave me that speacial feeling in a short 5min timeframe, but the ones that did ,and hold a speacial place with me, were instant. No more than 5mins required.
Well...

The Z is not a Lambo, or a 720S. It's a Camaro that has a starting msrp of $26k. I grin every time I punch my Z, or approach 1g. You ain't gonna do that in a 5 minute test drive with a salesman in the passenger seat. It's all relative.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:08 AM   #66
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Well...

The Z is not a Lambo, or a 720S. It's a Camaro that has a starting msrp of $26k. I grin every time I punch my Z, or approach 1g. You ain't gonna do that in a 5 minute test drive with a salesman in the passenger seat. It's all relative.
I am going to go with, granted a 5 minute test drive, you can't get a full understanding of the ZL1 or any car. But let's see what you can do in 5 minutes. Zero-60 how many times? High speed corner maybe two minutes, slam on the brakes until the salesman almost goes thru the window.

I did many things in 5 minutes test driving a very newly used M3. Never got it in 5th gear. The girl was freaking, trembled a little. I told her, "I am sorry if I scared you". She said she wasn't.

That test drive told me that the M3 is a special car, so I bought a new M3. All in 5+ minutes.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #67
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailablezl1 View Post
I am going to go with, granted a 5 minute test drive, you can't get a full understanding of the ZL1 or any car. But let's see what you can do in 5 minutes. Zero-60 how many times? High speed corner maybe two minutes, slam on the brakes until the salesman almost goes thru the window.

I did many things in 5 minutes test driving a very newly used M3. Never got it in 5th gear. The girl was freaking, trembled a little. I told her, "I am sorry if I scared you". She said she wasn't.

That test drive told me that the M3 is a special car, so I bought a new M3. All in 5+ minutes.
Well, I submit that was a rare test ride for a new higher end vehicle (although you state that your M3 was used). I think most salesmen and dealerships insist on a tame test ride for their higher end vehicles. Here in the city it's a rare dealership where you can get on, off and back to the dealership in 5 minutes. Just sayin.

Hopefully the "girl" recovered.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #68
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Not my word that's why its in quotes. Im dealing with the internet to communicate, so sometimes you have to use its lingo to convey a thought. I will agree. It is childish too, but they are the ones most likely to call someone a troll right or wrong.
My point is that, I dont care about "fanboys" or "trolls" as often they look interchangeable to me. I used to get wrapped up in it too at times, but I realized that Im not 12 anymore.

Im already sorry that I commented at all.
Actually you used it twice. The second time not in quotes. A car enthusiast likes cars and what they do. But car enthusiasts still have preferences, auto or manual, sunroof, no sunroof etc. Brand is just another preference. A car enthusiast can prefer certain brands, that does not make him not a car enthusiast. A fanboy is a stupid word trolls use to try to shame someone because they usually can't deal with facts. When was the last time you owned a Camaro?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 08:53 AM   #69
JB'sZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
A fanboy is a stupid word trolls use to try to shame someone because they usually can't deal with facts. When was the last time you owned a Camaro?
Agreed.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:54 AM   #70
unavailablezl1

Drives: 2019 Silverado Z71 6.2L A10
Quote:
Well, I submit that was a rare test ride for a new higher end vehicle (although you state that your M3 was used). I think most salesmen and dealerships insist on a tame test ride for their higher end vehicles. Here in the city it's a rare dealership where you can get on, off and back to the dealership in 5 minutes. Just sayin.

Hopefully the "girl" recovered.
I hear ya. Just so happens the Honda dealership was on the frontage road of a freeway and when you pulled out on a one way, it was a long 90 degree turn at freeway speeds and went to the light down aways. Made a U-turn and a couple of 0-60 runs and back into the dealership. It was a 2011 with low miles. She said someone traded it in for an Accord because they were scared and it was too much car.

That was all I needed and decided to buy an M3 in Dallas at Moritz BMW which is now out of business.

And I hoped she recovered. She was a little shakey getting out of the car.

Past Rides
2017 M6 Camaro ZL1 Hyper Blue
2016 M6 GT350 White with blue strips
2014 M6 Mustang GT Premium Track Pack Ruby Red
2012 M6 M3 Melbourne Red Metallic
unavailablezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote