Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #1821
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
Which one's do you pull on the 2012? I saw someone posted a picture of the 2012 box but I didn't see which fuses to pull. Sorry if this has been asked and answered but going through all 73 pages was a bit much. Thanks.
As far as I know they are the same. Just see the pic in the second post of this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO_MOW View Post
I read through page 7 of these posts and I am convinced that I need to do this for obvious reasons...

1. The dealer put 87 octane in the tank. (How do I know this; because I asked, "did you put premium gas in?"; and I quote "No this engine can run on regular gas?!?!?!?!? Really!!) I mean why put low octane fuel in a bad ass engine like this anyway?????? Only the best for this car!!!

2. My car starts cold in the morning bad, like 60 degrees outside and as I start driving down the road, hit second and it feels like I am getting pulled from the front, then the back, like I am rocking back and forth. Really don't car for this feeling, but i figured it just needed to warm up, which once warm it did stop.

3. Why the hell not!!!! I know they put low octane fuel in so might as well do it. I mean this is my first V8, so it is fast as sh** to me!!! I had a 2010 V6 so this is much faster. So to possibly get more out of this engine would be amazing!!!

WILL GET BACK WITH RESULTS TOMORROW MORNING!!!

Will pull them tonight..... To be continued......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
Pulled mine earlier will report in the am.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #1822
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Pulling tonight. Will report back in the AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #1823
CAMARO_MOW

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
OK! So pulled fuses @ 4:30 last night and put them back in @ 7 am this morning. Seemed to start much smoother. Did not rock back and forth while traveling down first street as I stated before.
I did not time my car before hand, but it does seem to have a little more pep. I went for a 0 - 60 run and threw me in the seat nicely. Didn't have anything to actually time it, but it seemed pretty quick to me.
It certainly idles much better!!! That I can tell for sure. Haven't looked at MPG, but I am sure it needed to be done and seems better.

Thanks to PQ and the others that figured this out!!!
Glad I read more of this thread in depth as I thought it pertained to just the
L99. So my LS3 is now in the high octane table!!!

Will add more if I notice any else as to results.... Hopefully try to get a 0 - 60 time...
Old 05-11-2012, 09:56 AM   #1824
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO_MOW View Post
OK! So pulled fuses @ 4:30 last night and put them back in @ 7 am this morning. Seemed to start much smoother. Did not rock back and forth while traveling down first street as I stated before.
I did not time my car before hand, but it does seem to have a little more pep. I went for a 0 - 60 run and threw me in the seat nicely. Didn't have anything to actually time it, but it seemed pretty quick to me.
It certainly idles much better!!! That I can tell for sure. Haven't looked at MPG, but I am sure it needed to be done and seems better.

Thanks to PQ and the others that figured this out!!!
Glad I read more of this thread in depth as I thought it pertained to just the
L99. So my LS3 is now in the high octane table!!!

Will add more if I notice any else as to results.... Hopefully try to get a 0 - 60 time...
Good to hear. Could be placebo but I doubt it.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #1825
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Did the pull about 11:30 last night and it's running much better this morning! Alot more pull up to 50.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #1826
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrandMrsNinja View Post
Did the pull about 11:30 last night and it's running much better this morning! Alot more pull up to 50.

Thanks guys!
That's where I gained is low RPM. Good to hear.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #1827
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Sorry didn't get to report in the am. Fired her up today and while I didnt feel a real difference in power the bogging was all but gone in 1st and 2cnd! The difference was like back and white and I can now pull off by simply releasing the clutch; no gas! Awesome op!

Sooooo smooth.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #1828
Xavier1421

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
The dealership most likely filled with less than stellar gas: if I've run 2 tanks of 93 through the car but I have a tune (Hypertech Max Energy), will pulling the fuses have any negative impact?
Xavier1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #1829
casvg5
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey 2SS
Custom Tune

This is sort of my question as well. If I have a custom dyno tune, will pulling the fuse delete it? Or by having a custom tune, do I already get past this issue all together?
casvg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #1830
Bumblebee2012

Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by casvg5 View Post
This is sort of my question as well. If I have a custom dyno tune, will pulling the fuse delete it? Or by having a custom tune, do I already get past this issue all together?
Pulling fuse can not remove a tune any more than unplugging your PC can remove your windows updates. The tune is actually written into the computer, it is not held in volatile memory.

The custom tune gets you past this issue, no need to pull a fuse because the factory tables no longer exist.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:18 PM   #1831
Baltimorejohn1

Drives: Camaro 2SS
I just run the gas down add fuel octane boost and a FRESH tank of Shell or BP....

Then I put it in 'M' and shift in to first then let it rip.....

Get it up to about 5000 RPM and slap it in 'D'.....

And it resets itself.....

Done it more than once and worked everytime!!!!!

Lucas works good.... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LUC-10026-1

NOS works REAL WELL... http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...110944&ci_sku=

Here is the reviews of the BEST Octane Boosters http://www.fueltechexperts.com/2008/...which-is-best/
Old 05-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #1832
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier1421 View Post
The dealership most likely filled with less than stellar gas: if I've run 2 tanks of 93 through the car but I have a tune (Hypertech Max Energy), will pulling the fuses have any negative impact?
None at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee2012 View Post
Pulling fuse can not remove a tune any more than unplugging your PC can remove your windows updates. The tune is actually written into the computer, it is not held in volatile memory.

The custom tune gets you past this issue, no need to pull a fuse because the factory tables no longer exist.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimorejohn1 View Post
I just run the gas down add fuel octane boost and a FRESH tank of Shell or BP....

Then I put it in 'M' and shift in to first then let it rip.....

Get it up to about 5000 RPM and slap it in 'D'.....

And it resets itself.....

Done it more than once and worked everytime!!!!!

Lucas works good.... http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LUC-10026-1

NOS works REAL WELL... http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...110944&ci_sku=

Here is the reviews of the BEST Octane Boosters http://www.fueltechexperts.com/2008/...which-is-best/
Name:  scratchhead.gif
Views: 578
Size:  4.6 KB
Old 05-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #1833
KRK440

Drives: 2011 SS VERT
I AM PRETTY NEW TO THE SITE BUT WANTED TO SAY THAT THIS IS AN AMAZING SIGHT WITH A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE! THIS THREAD IN ITSELF IS THE BEST PIECE OF INFORMATION I HAVE FOUND THUS FAR!!
I BOUGHT MY WIFE A 2011 SS VERT AND EVER SINCE WE PURCHASED IT I HAVE TO SAY THAT I WAS A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED IN IT... I LOVED AND HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THE LOOK OF THE CAMARO, BUT SOMETHING JUST DIDNT SEEM RIGHT ABOUT THE ACCELERATION AND RESPONSE... I DRIVE A DODGE CHARGER WITH HEMI FOR WORK EVERYDAY, AND I DRIVE IT HARD, AND TO BE HONEST THE CAMARO WAS RIGHT ON LINE WITH THE CHARGER WHICH MADE ME A LIL CONCERNED!!
BUT............................................... ........ I DID THE FILL UP AND FUSE PULL 2X TO BE SAFE OVER THE LAST WEEK AND MY FAITH IS RESTORED!!! I LOVE THE CAR AND NOW IT OUT PERFORMS MY EXPECTATIONS!! THANKS TO ALL!!
KRK440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #1834
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Is the pull fuse still the fix on the 2012 LS3?
moserbe is offline   Reply With Quote