Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-06-2018, 03:27 PM   #57
InfernoB
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS L99 Blk with IOM pkg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewbyyou View Post
Attachment 918914
By far one of the best looking wheels to ever be put on a Camaro
Which color option is displayed in this photo?

What size wheels and offsets did you go with, front and rear?

What size tire AND profile did you go with, front and rear?

How did you get your wheel splines/locks to be even on the front and rear axles; seems like everybody elses stick out further on one axle vs the other... (cant remember which axle)?

Part Numbers for splines thay make it work like you have? Are you using different lengths on the front and the rear?

Thanks!
InfernoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 06:41 PM   #58
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoB View Post

How did you get your wheel splines/locks to be even on the front and rear axles; seems like everybody elses stick out further on one axle vs the other... (cant remember which axle)?

Part Numbers for splines thay make it work like you have? Are you using different lengths on the front and the rear?

Thanks!
I can try to help

Gunmetal

standard fitment is a 20x10 35et and 20x11 43et

looks like
standard tire size 275/40/20 and 315/35/20

14x1.5 standard passenger car lugs ( 10pc ) and 14x1.5 standard suv lug (10pc)

Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 07:15 AM   #59
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_MRRWheelsInc View Post
I can try to help

Gunmetal

standard fitment is a 20x10 35et and 20x11 43et

looks like
standard tire size 275/40/20 and 315/35/20

14x1.5 standard passenger car lugs ( 10pc ) and 14x1.5 standard suv lug (10pc)

I have the 20X10 35ET 275/40 front and rear as I wanted to be able to rotate them for the most tire ware because I daily drive my car. As for the lugs all the same size it`s what they sent me when I ordered the wheels.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:54 AM   #60
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoB View Post

Thanks!

NOTE the Gunmetal color is actually a graphite color. Gunmetal is darker.

First color is their "gunmetal"

2nd is real gunmetal

Color is nice, just not dark.
Attached Images

•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers w/ Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•GPI SS2 VVT Cam w Cometic thin gaskets 10.69 compression
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Infinity 860w Subwoofers in trunk baffle
•Helix P6 6ch amp w/ 8ch DSP and P1 Sub amp
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 02:47 PM   #61
15LS3

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Well before you get the wrong information by a few newbies here is a great history lesson for many and information of how so many people can be right and a few maybe wrong lol,

From day 1 the wheel model was launched with Need 4 Speed and from there you can see everything, in some cases short TPMS valves where required in which was maybe 1 car out of 20 or so and we provided the valves, also for those that had a out of round issue they where fixed and replace as the wheels where a huge success and was heavily manufactured to meet demand, ( still one of our top sellers and hard to keep in stock )

Here is the link of the original and first Z28 wheel offering from day one.
also keep in mind we are the largest Camaro wheel suppliers Nation wide

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...light=mrr+m228

So I just purchased a set of MRR228 20x10et 23 and 20x11et43, How will I know if I will need the shorty valve on the front wheels? I'm assuming the only way to tell is to try them on. lol
15LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:21 AM   #62
CALI_FIREFIGHTER

Drives: 2LT/RS SIM
39lbs each. A lot heavier than stock but worth it in the looks of a 22".
CALI_FIREFIGHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #63
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
yup we can do chrome for you,
is a custom finish, let me know if interested and i can send you to one of our authorized dealers for a quote.
Too bad your dealer never told me that when I was shopping. I would have ordered them. I went with the other guys because it was obvious they had them in Chrome.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:15 PM   #64
EagleTalon2010Camaro2SS
Eagle Talon

Drives: EagleTalon2010Camaro2SS/RS
MRR Z28 wheel replica wheels, brake line and offset

I have a set of the Z28 replicas on my 2010 Camaro SS with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. There are definitely issues with the design of these wheels.

1. The valve stems hit brake calipers. So flush bolt on valves have to be installed. Which currently I have to have one wheel removed and the valve checked because it won’t hold air. So the placement of the valve port is not a good choice. then you need a special insert to place in the valve port to add or remove air. This is a pain to use.

2. The rear offset is not correct in the it’s not symmetrical from front to rear. The front offset is perfect with the fender. The rear sits approximately 15mm to far to the inside. So the rear tires look sunk in on the rear instead of perfect like the front sits.

3. Rear brake lines, luckily while adjusting my air pressure I noticed the rear brake lines on both sides were rubbed through to the metal braid in the line. Not to mention what they were doing to the wheel as well. Perhaps it’s due to the rear offset being too far in as stated above. I don’t know. But what I do know is that’s a problem. A big one regarding safety of our cars operation. And I’ve seen that some zip tie their lines. Is that really what we should be doing?

So I called the manufacturer attempting to make them aware of these issues. I was told that brake lines are zip tied up. No one else has had the issues I’ve called about and the owner would not consider altering the design to adjust the rear wheel to correct the offset issue, brake lines rubbing or the placement of the valve stem. They have sold tons of these wheel and I’m the only person that has had these issues. Personally I don’t believe that.

I’m a life long Camaro enthusiast. I’ve had 3 in my life going back to 1984. So it’s safe to say I love them. I want what’s best for our cars and our safety. MRR’s response to me does not in my opinion reflect they really care about safety or Manufacturing the Z28 replica properly to fit our Camaro’s as they should.

I don’t care how many of these wheels they have sold or how much they think everyone loves them. Nothing is going to change the fact that these issues exist and we as a whole have invested a great deal of money in them only to have considerable problems with them.
EagleTalon2010Camaro2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 11:03 AM   #65
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleTalon2010Camaro2SS View Post
I have a set of the Z28 replicas on my 2010 Camaro SS with Goodyear Eagle F1 tires. There are definitely issues with the design of these wheels.

1. The valve stems hit brake calipers. So flush bolt on valves have to be installed. Which currently I have to have one wheel removed and the valve checked because it won’t hold air. So the placement of the valve port is not a good choice. then you need a special insert to place in the valve port to add or remove air. This is a pain to use.

2. The rear offset is not correct in the it’s not symmetrical from front to rear. The front offset is perfect with the fender. The rear sits approximately 15mm to far to the inside. So the rear tires look sunk in on the rear instead of perfect like the front sits.

3. Rear brake lines, luckily while adjusting my air pressure I noticed the rear brake lines on both sides were rubbed through to the metal braid in the line. Not to mention what they were doing to the wheel as well. Perhaps it’s due to the rear offset being too far in as stated above. I don’t know. But what I do know is that’s a problem. A big one regarding safety of our cars operation. And I’ve seen that some zip tie their lines. Is that really what we should be doing?

So I called the manufacturer attempting to make them aware of these issues. I was told that brake lines are zip tied up. No one else has had the issues I’ve called about and the owner would not consider altering the design to adjust the rear wheel to correct the offset issue, brake lines rubbing or the placement of the valve stem. They have sold tons of these wheel and I’m the only person that has had these issues. Personally I don’t believe that.

I’m a life long Camaro enthusiast. I’ve had 3 in my life going back to 1984. So it’s safe to say I love them. I want what’s best for our cars and our safety. MRR’s response to me does not in my opinion reflect they really care about safety or Manufacturing the Z28 replica properly to fit our Camaro’s as they should.

I don’t care how many of these wheels they have sold or how much they think everyone loves them. Nothing is going to change the fact that these issues exist and we as a whole have invested a great deal of money in them only to have considerable problems with them.
hmmmm........ for 5 years and counting you really think us as a manufacture have put all camaros in danger.... interesting.... and also that our rear off sets are incorrect....
Im speechless but ok buddy I guess we should stop selling Camaro wheels
maybe ill even inform other manufactures and let them know that for the past 10 years we have been making the incorrect specs for Camaros.
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #66
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
��. Interesting response from the manufacturer of MMR. I think I’ll pass.
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote