Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 02-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #29
NoDakZ/28

Drives: 2014 Z/28 CTF
Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
I've been looking things over on the website and I really want to attend this event for the first time. I'm trying to pursued my buddy to go with me. I doubt I am game for an 1,800 mile round trip alone.

So, if my buddy will go, I'm in. If not, I doubt I will make it. For now, I'd at least like to go ahead and book a room. I should know for sure a few weeks in advance of the event, but that might be too close to ensure a room. Some of you mentioned staying at the Day's Inn. Does anyone know the cancellation policy there? I'm not finding it on the website.

One other question... I'm just wondering why the registration fee is based on the model of Camaro you bring? Z28 people pay more than SS people who pay more than RS people. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Any insights?

I would say most Hotels around here are 24 Hr notice. As for the z28 vs ss those are just the packages, z28 offers more activities than the ss. I did the z28 last year and didn't attend most things i.e. the banquet, breakfast those things so I choose the ss this year. Tough to attend those with a little one. I will still be drag racing and possible autox. RS is a day pass.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM

Last edited by NoDakZ/28; 02-07-2019 at 04:32 PM.
NoDakZ/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:30 PM   #30
qkslvr

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS M6 NON RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDak1LE View Post
Thank you for your service Dave! I hope the City does a little better job this next year. Looking at the new schedule looks like its a better layout, but we shall see.
Thank you.. Hopefully. considering how things came together last year I was surprised it went as well as it did. City found out a couple weeks prior to event that the person that was supposed to be doing things had not done anything and then quit. A few of us took time off again and pulled it together the best we could. This year should be much better, dedicated people from the city and from what Ive heard they are doing a good job so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I'm assuming you're a B-1 guy?
Yep 18 yrs
2016 Streetglide (Crushed Ice Pearl)
2018 Indian Scout (Bronze Smoke)
qkslvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #31
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
Originally Posted by qkslvr View Post
Thank you.. Hopefully. considering how things came together last year I was surprised it went as well as it did. City found out a couple weeks prior to event that the person that was supposed to be doing things had not done anything and then quit. A few of us took time off again and pulled it together the best we could. This year should be much better, dedicated people from the city and from what Ive heard they are doing a good job so far.

Good to hear!
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 02-07-2019, 04:18 PM   #32
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
I would say most Hotels around here are 24 Hr notice. As for the z28 vs ss those are just the packages, z28 offers more actives than the ss. I did the z28 last year and didn't attend most things i.e. the banquet, breakfast those things so I choose the ss this year. Tough to attend those with a little one. I will still be drag racing and possible autox. RS is a day pass.
That makes sense. Thanks for responding.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #33
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
That makes sense. Thanks for responding.

Anytime, hope you can join us this summer!
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 02-08-2019, 08:24 AM   #34
zlathim

Quote:
Anytime, hope you can join us this summer!
I'm trying to make it happen. Still trying to convince my buddy to go with me.
His reluctance to commit is because his wife just got laid off and money is tight.

I offered to pay for all of the motel, fuel costs and registration fees. He just has to have spending money for food and alcohol. That, along with the idea of stopping in Cheyenne (where he is from) to see his dad and old buddies might just push him over the edge. He said he would give me an answer after the weekend.

I hope it works out. I'd really like to meet some other people from Camaro5!!
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 02-08-2019, 02:10 PM   #35
owhite3003
Z-BEAST

Drives: 2013 JDP ZL-850 Track Spec ZL1,
I won't be able to make it this year but had a blast when i went. Drove over and met a bunch of great Canadians in Montana and headed down. A lot of great people with some bitchin rides. I know some of my Zl1 brothers and sisters are heading there as well.
owhite3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:02 AM   #36
zlathim

My buddy is on board!! I went ahead and booked a room at The Day's Inn for Thursday thru Sunday. Might end up changing the reservation if we decide to arrive on Friday instead, but for now we are set. Now I need to decide whether or not to trailer the Camaro to Cheyenne or not. I would like to race on drag radials, but I don't want to road trip them that far. If we trailer to Cheyenne, we can leave the trailer there at my buddie's dad's house and drive on the drag radials the rest of the way to Sturgis. Thoughts?
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 02-12-2019, 11:14 AM   #37
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
My buddy is on board!! I went ahead and booked a room at The Day's Inn for Thursday thru Sunday. Might end up changing the reservation if we decide to arrive on Friday instead, but for now we are set. Now I need to decide whether or not to trailer the Camaro to Cheyenne or not. I would like to race on drag radials, but I don't want to road trip them that far. If we trailer to Cheyenne, we can leave the trailer there at my buddie's dad's house and drive on the drag radials the rest of the way to Sturgis. Thoughts?

Good to hear . I guess it all depends on which radials you have. Its 300 miles from Cheyenne to Sturgis. Why not just trailer it to your hotel and leave your rig there?
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 02-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #38
zlathim

Quote:
Good to hear . I guess it all depends on which radials you have. Its 300 miles from Cheyenne to Sturgis. Why not just trailer it to your hotel and leave your rig there?
Thanks, I don't have tires yet, so I can't answer what kind ATM. I'm leaning toward MT Street ETs. I have a set of wheels, but I won't be getting tires for a few weeks.

Kinda wanted to do at least part of the trip in the Camaro, which is why I like the idea of leaving the trailer in Cheyenne.
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 02-12-2019, 11:56 AM   #39
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
Thanks, I don't have tires yet, so I can't answer what kind ATM. I'm leaning toward MT Street ETs. I have a set of wheels, but I won't be getting tires for a few weeks.

Kinda wanted to do at least part of the trip in the Camaro, which is why I like the idea of leaving the trailer in Cheyenne.

Understandable, just be weary that we usually get some rain at this event haha, certainly more last year than most and just driving in water with my NTO5R's is pretty hairy. I don't think I would want to do that for that long of a distance, but each to their own. Hope to see ya out there!
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 02-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #40
zlathim

Quote:
Understandable, just be weary that we usually get some rain at this event haha, certainly more last year than most and just driving in water with my NTO5R's is pretty hairy. I don't think I would want to do that for that long of a distance, but each to their own. Hope to see ya out there!
The threat of rain is the main reason I don't want to road trip on drag radials. I've seen the episode of Roadkill when Finnegan tried it in Blasphemy!! lol

I'll probably just drive the Camaro the whole way on street tires and suffer at the drag strip, but I'll keep my options open for now.
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 02-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #41
NoDakZ/28

Quote:
The threat of rain is the main reason I don't want to road trip on drag radials. I've seen the episode of Roadkill when Finnegan tried it in Blasphemy!! lol

I'll probably just drive the Camaro the whole way on street tires and suffer at the drag strip, but I'll keep my options open for now.

Ha! Yes don't let that happen . If you are putting them on a dedicated rear pair of wheels, could try and get them in the trunk/rear seat. To be honest the Dragway in Sturgis isn't that well prep'd for the event anyways. Its all up to you, just a good time to enjoy everything else.
2014 Z/28 #99008 CTF SIM
Old 02-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #42
zlathim

Quote:
Ha! Yes don't let that happen . If you are putting them on a dedicated rear pair of wheels, could try and get them in the trunk/rear seat. To be honest the Dragway in Sturgis isn't that well prep'd for the event anyways. Its all up to you, just a good time to enjoy everything else.
Yes dedicated wheels. No worries, I'll either figure something out or not. I'll still have fun!!
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes