Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-27-2018, 08:17 PM   #1
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thinking of selling?

Love my car, but it's kind of turned into a garage queen, plus I live in Ohio, so I can only drive it half the year, if I'm lucky. Just wondering about my options. I ran some quotes online from NADA (not sure what's accurate), but it sounds like best case, I might be able to get around $20K. It's a 2012 2SS auto.

Thing is, the car is highly modded (blower, cam, headers, wheels, intake, gears, etc). I would guess that it's got $20K in mods alone. I guess trying to sell it privately would net more cash, but I looked over on the classifieds section, and most other modded cars aren't listed for very much. At this point, it kind of looks like trying to sell would be a waste of time because I couldn't get much for it.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:56 PM   #2
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
If it’s paid off, what’s the big deal? You might as well enjoy the fruits of your labor. So what if it only gets driven 6 months a year? Your car looks awesome and I’ve seen some of your posts about it and it seems like quite the ride.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Exactly. And it could be worse. You could live in Vermont.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 09:33 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Unfortunately, mods only mean something to a private buyer who is interested in what/the way you did them.

Mine is a money pit but, I would not sell it. I do/did what I wanted and am driving it/road coursing it every chance I get.

I bought it with 32k on it and I’ve put 30k on it myself...62k plus mileage and enjoy it every time I take it out...

-Don

Last edited by hammdo; 03-27-2018 at 10:37 PM.
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #5
terry_b

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to terry_b
Wait... you can only drive these cars 6 months a year?

Old 03-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #6
E.T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry_b View Post
Wait... you can only drive these cars 6 months a year?

Brave man

Old 03-27-2018, 10:30 PM   #7
E.T.

Thanks for the advice, guys. It is a great car, and it's probably worth way more to me than I could get selling it. Just something I was thinking about, but you're all probably right!

Old 03-27-2018, 10:56 PM   #8
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Well your still around E.T. I just went through the same dilemma, and put a new forged motor, ZL1 hood, splitter, etc. on it. Pick it up tomorrow. I'm stuck with it. Unless the cars were going to have a value of $5k in the next 2-3 years, I would keep it. Good luck either way.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 06:26 AM   #9
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Thanks for the advice, guys. It is a great car, and it's probably worth way more to me than I could get selling it. Just something I was thinking about, but you're all probably right!
E.T. I am also a passenger on the very same boat that your on. I also have a 1996 Impala SS that is truly better than the day she rolled off the assembly line in Arlington, Texas. This one has seen rain only once and that was while driving home from a car meet several states away. When they stopped making the big Impala SS I decided I was going to keep this black beauty but I would also professionally build her the way I think she should have been built. I started a complete restoration about 8 or 9 years ago and did not actually finish until 2016. I would say she is highly modified but I will also say she is most definitely professionally modified. Every modification looks factory. Body was redone by Chevrolet, automatic removed and amazingly engineers designed a six speed setup for this car. I have every document for this car since new, including the window sticker, dealer brochures, receipts, and appraisal. From the day of purchase to this day I can show over $55K in receipts and like you I found out it does not matter. I have one gent that wants the car and we agreed on $24K. She too became a garage queen with 9,232 miles on the clock.

Like someone else stated earlier, if a dealer has it then by God it's worth every penny, if you have it then what the lowest you will go?

My Camaro will not become a money pit nor a garage queen.

Best of wishes.
Larry
Old 03-28-2018, 09:19 AM   #10
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I'm willing to bet there's a wife involved in the OP's "push" to sell his car. Why in the world would he put so much money into it and THEN discover that he can't drive it in the winter. Of course you can't, unless you want to change tires, get salt all over it and take a chance that someone will slide into you. With all those mods, it's not a winter car! That baby is meant to be driven on warm pavement. Sure, it would be nice if we lived in Miami or southern California and could drive it all year. But enjoy the thrill of taking the cover off after a long winter's nap. And, like I said, I'm willing to bet his wife is saying "Why tie all that money up when it sits, sits and sits." Answer is "because it's my toy." She's thinking of all the furniture and shoes she can buy with that cash. lol.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:21 AM   #11
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I'll give ya 12K
UBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 09:42 AM   #12
JD555

Drives: 2014 2SS RS, 6 sp man
If you are willing to sell it drive it more and enjoy. I don't drive mine in snow but do drive it all year round. I stay off the roads loaded with salt until it rains. Cant put a price on the enjoyment it gives you. My boat only gets used about 6-7 months a year and to feed two engines that get me 1.5 MPG plus the slip costs, insurance and maintenance every year I could put a supercharger on my car every year. I am due 2 new engines soon so I have been saving for that. 2 250 Hp outboards are pretty expensive now.
I love those rims.
JD555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 10:45 AM   #13
NGUYP

Drives: Junk
Keep it and drive it as much as possible. Life is too short to drive boring cars.
NGUYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 01:32 PM   #14
05Goat

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by samman11 View Post
I'm willing to bet there's a wife involved in the OP's "push" to sell his car. Why in the world would he put so much money into it and THEN discover that he can't drive it in the winter. Of course you can't, unless you want to change tires, get salt all over it and take a chance that someone will slide into you. With all those mods, it's not a winter car! That baby is meant to be driven on warm pavement. Sure, it would be nice if we lived in Miami or southern California and could drive it all year. But enjoy the thrill of taking the cover off after a long winter's nap. And, like I said, I'm willing to bet his wife is saying "Why tie all that money up when it sits, sits and sits." Answer is "because it's my toy." She's thinking of all the furniture and shoes she can buy with that cash. lol.
Absolutely nailed it! She spotted a nice kirby vacuum cleaner she wants. Exact reason I'm not married.
05Goat is offline   Reply With Quote