Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2007, 10:29 PM   #15
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
The Camaro was meant to be somewhat retro. Not full on like the Stang or Challenger. But, it was to take cues of the 1st Gen along w/ the raptor jet. Dragon, and the wife says (in regards to the silver w/ black stripes from the head on view) "Waaaaay coooool." She really likes that one...good job!

In regards to the front looking like a Caddies, like I said before, I felt the same way. THEN, come to find out...the guys who make the Cadillacs were the ones designing it!!! HA! Go figure... It grew on me too...I love it now. I agree on the picture deal too...ok in pix (with the front end) and 1000% better in person! Love it!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:20 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Tell the wifeTAG (I actually stole those stripes straight from a Vert Pic - and darkened them), and I'm surprised she has time to look at these pics with a new baby :eek: lol : anyway, that's MY car, exactly like that....(sigh)
Old 07-01-2007, 01:47 AM   #17
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Tell the wifeTAG (I actually stole those stripes straight from a Vert Pic - and darkened them), and I'm surprised she has time to look at these pics with a new baby :eek: lol : anyway, that's MY car, exactly like that....(sigh)
She doesn't have time! She came in the room telling me to get the hell off of the computer so we could leave!!!
Old 07-01-2007, 03:47 AM   #18
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I loved it from day one. Like what has been said before, It wasn't made to look retro. It was made to be instantly recognizable as a CAMARO. It does that job very well in my opinion. It looks like the 1st gen evolved seperate from the other Camaros into this one. I would change the grille out to suit my personal tastes, but I think the front end as it is looks just fine. I haven't even seen this car in person yet, so I'm sure I'll be blown away when I do. Hopefully one will show up somewhere I can get to after I get back to the States.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:34 AM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSNightrod View Post
I loved it from day one. Like what has been said before, It wasn't made to look retro. It was made to be instantly recognizable as a CAMARO. It does that job very well in my opinion. It looks like the 1st gen evolved seperate from the other Camaros into this one. I would change the grille out to suit my personal tastes, but I think the front end as it is looks just fine. I haven't even seen this car in person yet, so I'm sure I'll be blown away when I do. Hopefully one will show up somewhere I can get to after I get back to the States.
And we hope you get back here safe and sound in the very near future to check it out. You won't be able to walk away from it. It is that beautiful.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:45 PM   #20
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
"2008 camaro front nose, do you like it??"
Simple answer; YES!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 AM   #21
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary English View Post
You all have good points, especially "whats it matter if all they see is tail lights" lol
i just thought the grill should have been more retro ,I mean come on we're in the retro years ,the 4th generation was futuristic enough, it was getting to the point where all the cars were looking like door wedge stoppers(that you use under the door to keep it open)
Chrysler ,nah ,they goffed with the 4-door Charger ,they could have called it a satelite or coronet, but no they goofed. Ford did well with the Mustang ,I almost wanted one till the girl across the street brought one home and I drove it ,still rides like a 69 mustang,rough! Camaros' and Firebirds have always been a favorite ,rode better ,and steered much better. Now if Pontiac would join the band wagon and put out a T/A ,the narrow front could retro to the 78 T/A's, but who knows.
well I've said my thoughts ,guess whats done is done ,how come they didnt ask us first ,huh? lol
~gary

I agree on the rough riding new Mustangs... a friend of mine got a new GT and much to my great disapproval wanted me to ride down the road with her... It took a lot to get up and go and it was rough as all get out! I wasn't impressed at all!

To answer the overall question: I have ALWAYS loved the whole car! Like I have said before, I don't like the gauges inside the car because of the reason stated before... It will be hard to see just exactly how fast you're going and it will be hard to argue out of a ticket lol But I also believe they will change that up and make it a bit easier to read
Old 07-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #22
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Ive loved her since I first layed eyes on her. my wife is an import fan, and she's been trying to get me into a toyota or something thats bigger than my camaro. but as soon as I saw the 09 camaro I told her thats my next car. she can get a toyota. Ill be damned If I get one
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #23
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

I would much rather have a Toyota than a Honda or something lol... My dad has had a Toyota Tacoma & a Toyota Tundra, both were excellent trucks!

Atleast a Toyota is an American Made vehicle!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #24
shibbychevy15
I'm your Huckleberry!

Drives: 2001 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab
I really love the new look!! I think that what GM settled on is a great comprimise between the old Camaro's and the Camaro's of the future !! I also think that it looks better then this concept...

Cheers!!
Attached Images

shibbychevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:01 PM   #25
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbychevy15 View Post
I really love the new look!! I think that what GM settled on is a great comprimise between the old Camaro's and the Camaro's of the future !! I also think that it looks better then this concept...

Cheers!!
It's a camaro gone euro. The front end slopes down like a 911 slant nose or a ferrari. It's losing the masculinity a little bit for a more streamlined body.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #26
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Atleast a Toyota is an American Made vehicle!
There's a whole "can of worms" I could open up regarding Toyota and the companies push to convince the American public that Toyota vehicle's are "American". I think I'll keep quiet.

Toyota's, Honda's, Nissan's, etc. aren't for me. Nothing against those that own one, just not for me.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #27
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
There's a whole "can of worms" I could open up regarding Toyota and the companies push to convince the American public that Toyota vehicle's are "American". I think I'll keep quiet.

Toyota's, Honda's, Nissan's, etc. aren't for me. Nothing against those that own one, just not for me.
I have to fully Agree with EVERY word above.....
Old 07-02-2007, 03:03 PM   #28
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

I'm just saying that a Toyota is a "decently" made vehicle that really keeps its value... When my parents traded both of the trucks, they didn't lose much money at all on either of them.