Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #15
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Says a mustang guy.
He said he loves both cars my friend, and he is on a Camaro forum right now, so I'd say he's got a plenty fair opinion.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #16
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurdib View Post
Non that aren't current Stang owners, One guys did a poll, the camaro went 10 for 10, I bet nationwide it would be like 7 for 10
That is hardly concrete backing to a weak argument there, Maurdib.

Again, I agree, but there is no doubt the mustang has a larger following than the Camaro.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:53 PM   #17
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
The Challenger is slower then both, but I still love the style and sound of the engine, she people disregard it because the stang is faster?
Yes, actually, sales for the Challenger have been pretty bad, and mostly flat.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:54 PM   #18
Maurdib

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT/RS Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
That is hardly concrete backing to a weak argument there, Maurdib.

Again, I agree, but there is no doubt the mustang has a larger following than the Camaro.
Atleast I have a poll,you have an opion, get one poll and then we are matched LOL
The mustang is american muscle, I'll admit that
Old 04-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #19
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Atleast I have a poll,you have an opion, get one poll and then we are matched LOL
Look at the number of mustangs on the road compared to Camaros on the road. Although the Camaro started out wayyyy strong, mustang still sold more units last year. Those are facts.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #20
Chief Bob

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 SIM CTF Car M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I really don't give a flip what Chevy or Ford do. I don't care if I have the fastest car in it's class.

I bought a '10 Camaro because it's (like me) dead sexy.
Here Here--I agree 100%

Chief Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #21
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
Quote:
What about the GT ford has, it has to work on that aswell, even though its super expensive
The GT is no more and was never to compete with the vettes. That was a rebirth of the ferrari killers.
justincase_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #22
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase_2008 View Post
The GT is no more and was never to compete with the vettes. That was a rebirth of the ferrari killers.
Right, that's 100% fact. But the original argument, that Chevy cant fire back quickly due to it's commitment to vette production is faulty anyway. While that may be true, it doesn't matter to the everyday car buyer who is looking for the best value. The best value is now the 2011 mustang.

Chevy needs to introduce a more refined engine, or at least introduce some worthwhile tech on the interior to match the huge advantage Ford has with the SYNC. Seeing a huge NAV/media screen in the center stack is quite an attraction. Although the whole HUD thing is nifty, it doesnt play music on voice command or dial the pizza place to call ahead an order.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:07 PM   #23
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
To me the whole SYNC was a huge turn off i know many with it and dont LOVE it like they thought they would. Yeah its cool but i dont need a high tech car i have pcs at home for that i have a smart phone for nav and all that good crap. To me a car is not a office on wheels. I would not have gotten the camaro if it had a huge "break in my car to steal me" screen. I drive to drive not play with all the toys in the car. I love the new camaro for newer safety and comfort. The new mustangs are nice but they are way over priced. Ford is damn proud of those cars.

edit: and to the whole vette thing i think to a degree its true. They are on a fine line of " Why did i pay that for vette if i could have gotten the same in a camaro?"
justincase_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #24
ljstella
CAMARO FAN

Drives: 2007 Subaru Impreza
Quote:
However, as I know many of us are aware, the 2011 Mustang GT will be packing the 5.0, an engine already proving itself more efficient in HP/liter and in fuel economy. Ford gave the engine a rating of 412 horsepower and 390 lb/ft. Motor Trend has done the dyno and confirms that the engine is producing more like 430 horsepower and about 400 lb/ft. It appears as if Ford has picked up the broken pieces of the 05-10 V8 and molded them into a world beater with the 5.0, a Camaro beater for sure when you consider the mustang weighs hundreds of pounds under the Camaro. It took Ford a year to put out a car that places the Mustang at the top of the food chain again. Im embarrassed to find myself eating my words that I spoke to mustang fans about a year ago.
The problem with this I believe, is that MotorTrend did not dyno the car in the correct gear. Rather than dyno the car in 5th gear which has a 1:1 gear ratio, they dyno'd the car in 4th gear. This was a problem as the computers were expecting a 1:1 ratio...

However because of the power to weight ratio, the mustang makes it more of a driver's race this year... we'll see next year
ljstella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #25
JayhawkSS
Autobot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have got to admit, it was great being on top and it puts a knot in my stomach to think that the Camaro won't be #1 in most aspects. Having that said a Mustang will never look as good as a Camaro. Let the HP wars begin!!!
JayhawkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #26
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
They don't have to strike back. You can spit out high reading dyno numbers and quarter mile times to your hearts content. At the end of the day it's a drivers race between the two.
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #27
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
.... (considering partial government ownership and all) ...
Please tell me this is a joke. You can't possibly *actually* believe that because of bailout funds the government actually *owns* GM. Please tell me you're kidding.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:14 PM   #28
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
I think it's got as good as it's going to get...The Mustang is Favorite in the hearts of Americans.

I love both cars

sue me
Not according to vehicle sales since the camaro has been released
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 5.0, mustang gt