Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-14-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Front turn signal mod?????

OK Ive been up too long and maybe I missed something but here it goes. Is there a mod to make front Turn signals into a running light and still function as a turn signal?
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
no, but i believe there is a mod to make your side reflectors into turn signals

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
OK Ive been up too long and maybe I missed something but here it goes. Is there a mod to make front Turn signals into a running light and still function as a turn signal?
This is what I did for mine using AAC's LED side markers and dual-intensity circuit.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96213

Hope that is what you were looking for.

Peter
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Try reading this thread. This has the LED turn signals, and some RS guys made them have running lights and turn signals.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=101914&page=4
MagnumForceGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
To answer your original question... Yes this is possible! I am actually working on a harness right now for RS cars that would make this a simple plug in feature rather than having to splice the factory harness. Just looking for one more piece. (Anyone know if the non-RS plugs will fit into the housing on an RS vehicle? I dont know if they blinker housing is different? I am just looking for new 3 wire plugs that will work on the camaro!)

If you look at my drawing on this link you will see what I am making. I have all the parts except the 3 wire plugs since they are specific to the camaro I am having a hard time finding a match! Maybe the tail light plugs have the same keying and will fit in the turnsignal housing? (tail lights have a 3 wire configuration!)
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Try reading this thread. This has the LED turn signals, and some RS guys made them have running lights and turn signals.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=101914&page=4
Sorry this is the link I was supposed to post up with my last thread.
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:38 PM   #7
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Sorry this is the link I was supposed to post up with my last thread.
Thanx, thats what I was talking about. I don't know why people assume I said side markers?
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #8
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
look up the wiring for a C5 vette. that's exactly how they're set up.
they're on high for DRL use, high/off for signals, low for parking, and high/low for signals with the parking lights on
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
FLYBOY

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
look up the wiring for a C5 vette. that's exactly how they're set up.
they're on high for DRL use, high/off for signals, low for parking, and high/low for signals with the parking lights on
Anything come of this mod yet?? This is what I'm looking to do as well but haven't seen anybody do it yet. I basically want DRL's like my '01 Camaro, the amber turn signals act as the DRL's and the blinkers.

For my '10, I want the front amber parking/blinker lights to by my DRL's and turn signal, and my "fog lights" to be off all the time...btw, my '10 is an RS. I know some have done something like this with white LED's but I don't want white, I want to keep the amber color....
FLYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 PM   #10
RocTrux

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS
lights

Quote:
Yes theres a way I did it you just have to add a wire to the bulb housing and tie it into the side marker lights so they come on with your Halos and headlights and get the VLED switchback bulbs and load resistors, they they come on white for running/parking lights at night and flash amber for turn signal and back to white, in the day they act as normal amber turn signals. It looks good... way better than having your DRL's on all the time..
Attached Images

Last edited by RocTrux; 03-20-2011 at 01:20 PM.
RocTrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:37 PM   #11
Arrowball12

Drives: 2011 Black 2LT/RS
That's exactly what i'm looking for. Where did you find the VLED Switchback bulbs?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #12
bajamoon

Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowball12 View Post
That's exactly what i'm looking for. Where did you find the VLED Switchback bulbs?
I have a set for sale in the exterior section. I bought 2 thinking they were sold each not by the pair. I was wrong.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169030

Here's mine.
Attached Images

bajamoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #13
Arrowball12

Drives: 2011 Black 2LT/RS
So I bought the Switch back bulbs, now all I do is add a wire from the front turn signals to the Halos?

What kind of wire?