Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #43
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec1990 View Post
Ugh I don't even want to think about already going back for my Master's. That'll be in 2 months or so start back up.
I just finished mine. I was in a double MBA/MS Finance program, but I ended up just graduating after the finance degree. Three degrees is enough for me and I can't imagine doing any more school. Seventeen consecutive years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #44
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
It's gonna take a lot of evening out for that haha. Especially with all the new healthcare regulations set by the government.

good thing no one thought to put dentistry in all that shit

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #45
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
good thing no one thought to put dentistry in all that shit
Just you wait lol.

But seriously, I hope not.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #46
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
What are your guys' plans for the week?

Sometime this week, I'm gonna do an Adam's Americana Just Half A Test
Gonna watch the rain fall all week here unfortunately. At least I don't have to drive to work when it rains as I am a roofer.

Can't wait for your Americana test. Curious if you or anyone else has tried Race Glaze? I have yet to use it yet, but heard nothing but good results for darker cars.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #47
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Quote:
I just finished mine. I was in a double MBA/MS Finance program, but I ended up just graduating after the finance degree. Three degrees is enough for me and I can't imagine doing any more school. Seventeen consecutive years.

I'm doing mine completely online so it'll probably take 3-4 years or so, working full-time doesn't exactly leave time for full course semesters.

Do you know of any MBA/MS Finance programs 100% online that are priced reasonably and respected? I've been looking into going into Financial Advising recently, granted this wont be for 6-20 years at least.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #48
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostnkost View Post
Gonna watch the rain fall all week here unfortunately. At least I don't have to drive to work when it rains as I am a roofer.

Can't wait for your Americana test. Curious if you or anyone else has tried Race Glaze? I have yet to use it yet, but heard nothing but good results for darker cars.
No sorry but heard good things about them. I have too many good waxes to buy another though...

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #49
trm2

Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
Quote:
Do you know of any MBA/MS Finance programs 100% online that are priced reasonably and respected?
The best you can hope for is 2 of 3.

Online wasn't an option back when I got mine (MBA '97). My school was respected (top30) but even back then was $30k a year. Thank God for Dean's Scholarships!
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:18 PM   #50
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Wow I just found this thread damn it.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #51
ec1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm2 View Post
The best you can hope for is 2 of 3.

Online wasn't an option back when I got mine (MBA '97). My school was respected (top30) but even back then was $30k a year. Thank God for Dean's Scholarships!
I figured, guess I'll just check the box, cheap and easy it is.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #52
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Golfing Monday its for charity off Tuesday perhaps some work eventually.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #53
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
I'm doing mine completely online so it'll probably take 3-4 years or so, working full-time doesn't exactly leave time for full course semesters.

Do you know of any MBA/MS Finance programs 100% online that are priced reasonably and respected? I've been looking into going into Financial Advising recently, granted this wont be for 6-20 years at least.
Most financial advising jobs I've seen are only looking for a bachelor's. You might want to check into that. I've turned down many of those positions because it's not what I want to do. I started getting offers after my bachelor's.

Advisors have way more to do with sales than finance.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #54
ec1990

Quote:
Most financial advising jobs I've seen are only looking for a bachelor's. You might want to check into that. I've turned down many of those positions because it's not what I want to do. I started getting offers after my bachelor's.

Advisors have way more to do with sales than finance.

My Bachelor's is in a completely different field than business. But military wants that Master's in something box checked, so that's why I was looking into an MBA. Although lately I've been looking into financial advising towards people specifically younger people that have these options of starting to invest early, but delay it because they just don't know. I understand not being able to afford it, but to let money sit in non-interest making checking accounts or putting off retirement and sitting on cash because that's what so and so said bothers me. Then again I figure at this age low 20-s I can afford being high risk high reward (to an extent) and I might as well do what I can now until I have to forego reward for lesser risk.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #55
CamaroDreams07

Yeah that makes sense. I wish I had any money to invest haha. As tuition rates are outpacing inflation threefold or more, more and more young people are starting their lives in a huge hole.

For example, I had $36k in student loans for my Master's (fortunately scholarships covered undergrad). This amounts to $310/mo for ten years under the standard recommended repayment plan. That means that just to stay in a lower middle class level in the next ten years, I need to average $35k take home, so at least $50k.

Luckily, my field starts quite a bit higher, but my point is that for people who have to borrow more and land lower income jobs, this is seriously problematic for the economy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, college is just buying a really expensive piece of paper. But as long as we have the government making student loans available at low interest rates for people who shouldn't get them, and employers insisting on at least a bachelor's degree to screw in a light bulb, this is the world we have to accept. It ****s everyone, but it makes the government and colleges a shit load of money. The current higher education system makes everyone but them worse-off.

/rant

Old 05-19-2013, 08:21 PM   #56
ec1990

Quote:
Yeah that makes sense. I wish I had any money to invest haha. As tuition rates are outpacing inflation threefold or more, more and more young people are starting their lives in a huge hole.

For example, I had $36k in student loans for my Master's (fortunately scholarships covered undergrad). This amounts to $310/mo for ten years under the standard recommended repayment plan. That means that just to stay in a lower middle class level in the next ten years, I need to average $35k take home, so at least $50k.

Luckily, my field starts quite a bit higher, but my point is that for people who have to borrow more and land lower income jobs, this is seriously problematic for the economy.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, college is just buying a really expensive piece of paper. But as long as we have the government making student loans available at low interest rates for people who shouldn't get them, and employers insisting on at least a bachelor's degree to screw in a light bulb, this is the world we have to accept. It ****s everyone, but it makes the government and colleges a shit load of money. The current higher education system makes everyone but them worse-off.

/rant

I agree with the societal issue and whole "you must have a bachelors to be successful". But I also have a serious issue with government backed student loans, I fully support them as I see them as an investment in it's people. But the fact in my case the interest rate was 6.5% plus they start charging interest the first check you cash, so 4 years of interest being charged is ridiculous. Luckily for today's students it's down to 3-4% which is more reasonable, but charging once it's cashed is insane. No wonder some many people default on them, they take one look and end up paying the minimum for 30 years or get income adjusted repayment plans.

Unfortunately the digging a whole is only getting worse, I have tons of friends who can't get jobs and therefore choose to go back to school, which in itself isn't a bad choice but not planning out paying back loans leads to a huge hole for them. But that's also on a person to person basis on what they think of debt-to-income ratios and how they see investments/retirement, etc...