Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2018, 11:14 AM   #29
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
The LAST place I would take my car is a Chevy dealer. I have a great relationship with a local body shop that gives me updates and allows me to just stop by and walk in whenever I want to check on it.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 12:35 PM   #30
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
The LAST place I would take my car is a Chevy dealer. I have a great relationship with a local body shop that gives me updates and allows me to just stop by and walk in whenever I want to check on it.

What makes you condemn every Chevy dealer?

They are all independently owned and operated and my dealer has been outstanding.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #31
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
I've had some bad experiences with Chevy dealers in the past as well, I'll refrain from naming them here. I had a guy back into the door of my Silverado in the store parking lot, it wasn't bad and should have been an easy repair. When I went to pick it up I about blew my top. It looked like they just slapped a pound of bondo over the dent and painted it without sanding. I called the manager out and flat out refused it on the spot. They knew I was pissed and gave me no lip, it was right the next time I picked it up. We also took our Tahoe to another dealer to have some minor rock chips repainted on the front bumper and they managed to screw that simple job up too. They left a big run that was plain as day on the side of the bumper trim. I flat out refused that one too. I won't even comment on the service shop screw ups, like the time they broke a wheel stud on my truck doing a simple tire rotation or the time they pulled my Silverado out of the service bay without an oil filter on, no joke. That's why I went back to doing my own work. That said, Classic Chevrolet here in Texas does fine body and service work. I've used them for PDR and some paint touch up work on our cars and trucks and the work was first rate. All I can say is that if you're not satisfied with the work refuse it. Try not to get angry with them, just point out what's wrong and get them to correct it. I've learned to check reviews on any dealer or service shop I take my cars to.

Chevy needs to learn from the German car dealers like Audi and BMW. I felt like a king when I had my 3 series serviced there. BMW and Audi would also send follow up questionnaires on the quality of the service and how I was treated. Chevrolet has started following their lead with the follow up questionnaires but have a loooong way to go.
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 01:54 PM   #32
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Without question all of my worst dealer experiences have been with GM. German & Japanese dealers blow them away on quality and service. I went to get windshield washer arm caps for my Camaro and I had to find the part number for the guy at the parts counter. When I went to get the cover for my switchblade as the keys were gone when I bought it they gave such a hard time and tried to charge me crazy amounts of money including demanding they do the install. Never mind the long long list of issues I have already shared on here. Don’t worry, I’m on a bender now over her insisting on taking the flex to the ford dealer for brakes and they feel warped as shit now.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:50 PM   #33
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Sorry about the accident, but glad you're OK.
Thanks. Nobody is more happy about that than me ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletics101 View Post
So do you feel confident in this shop? If you have them fix it on the positive side it won’t be totaled. Did they give you a rental even if you have another car F it and get there rental.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
The first thing I did is pose the question to my local Camaro people on who they would go to. Several had recommended this shop. Second thing was to read the online reviews. All were really good. Third was to go down there and check it out in person. I had about an hour long talk with them about everything and they even showed me around the entire shop. They had an 18' ZL1 in there that was getting the hood repainted because the customer got a rock chip and then they were going to 3M clear bra the whole car at his request. After all of this, I'm pretty confident in their work.

As far as the rental, I am not getting one. This car isn't my daily driver. Because of this, I am entitled to reimbursement in cash at the end for the total value a rental would be so I am going that route. This coupled with diminished value compensation will give me some nice cash to roll back into the cars next upgrades.
Old 07-27-2018, 05:08 PM   #34
pnwdan

Stopped by to visit my car today. They cut it open to inspect the internal damages. They've removed the windows and drilled out spot welds. Getting ready to remove the panel and replace it. Interesting process.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2018, 05:16 PM   #35
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Looks like a shop doing things the right way... hope you're back on the road soon!
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #36
BLK141SS

Drives: 2014 1SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Looks like a shop doing things the right way... hope you're back on the road soon!

I agree, that's the way to do it. That should be good as new once done. The same technique is used to replace quarters on high quality restorations.
BLK141SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 10:43 PM   #37
pnwdan

Friday update. Stopped by and checked out the progress today. Was going in to paint after I left. After paint it goes to get the suspension components replaced. Should be another week or so.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2018, 07:43 AM   #38
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Good luck brother! Hope she’s as good as new for you.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #39
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
That's so crazy.

Comparing the pics with the giant hole cut out of the rear quarter to now, it's amazing how these good body guys do it. Gotta give props to people with proper skill.

I bet it looks good as new once done.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #40
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
Well, we know the body guy was good. Let's just hope the painter will be just as good if not better.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 04:59 PM   #41
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Sorry to see this. Glad to see it being repaired
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 02:05 PM   #42
pnwdan

Update:
Got the car back yesterday. Super impressed at the work they did. Like new in every aspect. Also installed my Z28 rear fascia after I got the car home (should have just had them do it)
Attached Images