Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Sam94

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS RS
Need GM tech help for my Buick

I have a 2014 Buick Regal GS that was recently at a GM body shop getting some work done. The drivers side headlight assembly (has HID) was replaced (new). At night the light does not look right. Its more of a 'spot light' compared to the passenger side. When I complained about it they ordered a new one but it still looks the same. I also noticed when I go over some bumps in the road the light on the drivers side shining on the road 'bounces' as if the bulb was loose. When I shine the lights on the wall can lightly slap the headlight and you can see the light 'bounce'. Did the tech not do a certain adjustment or maybe not install the HID bulb correctly (twice) ? I contacted my insurance company (was an insurance claim) and they said not to go back there but take it to another GM dealer and let them know.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2018, 11:03 AM   #2
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
It looks like it wasn't mounted and/or adjusted properly. There should be a section in the owner's manual describing how to adjust it.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:06 AM   #3
Sam94

How do I remove this HID bulb ? Owners manual says see dealer.
Attached Images

Old 07-26-2018, 08:29 AM   #4
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
search youtube
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #5
Sam94

I already searched YouTube, could not find that type with that metal clip on one side.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:05 PM   #6
PNYKLR2

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Convertible
From what I remember you squeeze the 2 prongs that stick out. They are like a snap ring but has a hinge on one side. They are a total pain in the butt. Be very careful because its fairly easy to break or damage the mount. DO NOT TOUCH THE BULB! The oil on your skin can cause the bulb to shatter once it gets hot. Removing them is easy getting them back in properly might make you frustrated. Last one I changed was on a Buick Enclave. Had to remove fender well assembly to get access or take off the front bumper.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:15 PM   #7
Sam94

I found the problem. The bottom of the bulb is not fully seated in the socket. I was able to push the bulb then it popped in. When I tested the lights they looked normal. The problem is I can't get that bottom metal retainer to latch so the bulb is still loose. Is it possible that something broke where that retainer locks into ?
Old 07-28-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
Sam94

I was able to get the bottom metal retainer latched and now the HID light in locked in. Someone on a Buick website sent me pictures on how the latch looks. Hopefully when I drive tonight the lights will look normal
Attached Images