Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE U NV View Post
I think the "don't touch the glass" only applies to halogen bulbs because they burn so much hotter. I've never heard this on a house hold light bulb or a regular automotive bulb.
I read that on a website, I could be wrong, but these are not regular bulbs they are Krypton bulbs. Better to be safe than sorry I say.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #16
Stinkpickle

Drives: Black 2LT/RS
Had rear right go out at 15k, drove in to dealership and they changed it no questions asked.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
Stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #17
Dalefj

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2ss
Sorry to hear about the bad luck. I think your best bet would be to get it fixed at a chevy dealer. As many others have said it should be under warranty and free. I would also ask them to replace your blinker fluid while they are at it, that may have been the cause for premature failure.
Dalefj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:37 PM   #18
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
Remember, the tech gets paid by the hour and the book. if it takes 10 min, and the book says an hour...he will take the hour.

You clearly don't understand commission, do you? If a tech can bang out a job that pays 1 hour in only 10 minutes, you can bet he's only going spend his 10 minutes on it. That way he can move on to the next job and do it all over again. A good tech can book 90-100 hours a week that way, only having worked 40-50 hours.

I made a very comfortable living at it. I would say that the delay may have been to get the bulb from a vendor or another dealer. Nobody in town had mine when it blew; they had to order it.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post

You clearly don't understand commission, do you? If a tech can bang out a job that pays 1 hour in only 10 minutes, you can bet he's only going spend his 10 minutes on it. That way he can move on to the next job and do it all over again. A good tech can book 90-100 hours a week that way, only having worked 40-50 hours.

I made a very comfortable living at it. I would say that the delay may have been to get the bulb from a vendor or another dealer. Nobody in town had mine when it blew; they had to order it.
I know how the commission works, but they aren't going to give it back to you in the 10 minutes. Gotta make you think they earned their money.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:03 AM   #20
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Gees....sorry for creating so much drama.

But here's the deal. I walk in and the manager and a tech are sitting there chatting. I give the manager the keys and take a seat. He and the tech continue their chat for ten minutes (I was thinking another tech was going to work on my car. Then the tech gets up and gets my car.

Then he pulls the car in, pops the hood, looks for a minute then comes in to converse with the manager for another 10 minutes.

Then heads over to the parts counter, another 10 minute chit chat session.

Then replaces the bulb and disappears for another 10. Reprograms the airbag recall - takes 20 minutes.

Then he takes the keys to the manager and, take a guess, another 10 minute conversation.

And of course I'm on my lunch break. I know that if I wasted that much time (as well as the time of all the other employees he wasted) at work, I'd be shown to the door.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #21
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefianceDan View Post
Gees....sorry for creating so much drama.

But here's the deal. I walk in and the manager and a tech are sitting there chatting. I give the manager the keys and take a seat. He and the tech continue their chat for ten minutes (I was thinking another tech was going to work on my car. Then the tech gets up and gets my car.

Then he pulls the car in, pops the hood, looks for a minute then comes in to converse with the manager for another 10 minutes.

Then heads over to the parts counter, another 10 minute chit chat session.

Then replaces the bulb and disappears for another 10. Reprograms the airbag recall - takes 20 minutes.

Then he takes the keys to the manager and, take a guess, another 10 minute conversation.

And of course I'm on my lunch break. I know that if I wasted that much time (as well as the time of all the other employees he wasted) at work, I'd be shown to the door.
^^ Not a good tech. Not a good manager. Bad dog.