Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #57
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
Roads are looking good here. Will definately be driving it once it gets here. Just waiting for it to be shipped

It will get a little dirty, but I can't just let it sit there and taunt me lol

On another note, It was really weird today, saw 3 5th gens! Be lucky to see one once a month last summer, now there was 3 in one day. Made me even madder seeing as I couldn't be number 4
Old 03-16-2010, 01:19 AM   #58
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Took mine out for a quick boot on Friday/Saturday (bought a 24 hour permit to bring it into the city out of storage)

PS: Did you know you can buy an 8 day pass for 45 bucks? Pretty good deal, it cost me 25 bucks for the day pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #59
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
I had mine out Sunday and yesterday for a bit too just to burn off the old tank of gas and put new stuff in. Tried not to get it too dirty, just a bit dusty for now. Might get the wash and wax bucket out next week if the temps stay where they are at.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #60
Sunny

Drives: 2SS/RS****SWEET
[QUOTE=djsnoflake;1595071]Took mine out for a quick boot on Friday/Saturday (bought a 24 hour permit to bring it into the city out of storage)

PS: Did you know you can buy an 8 day pass for 45 bucks? Pretty good deal, it cost me 25 bucks for the day pass[/QUOTE

So you have it in storage with no plate, I assume that you have some kinda storage insurance, or you are very brave, any ways I was told that if it has wheels its insurable, that even in my own garage if my house was to burn my car wouln't be covered unless insured.....

Mind sheading some light...
Sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #61
Xstunter

Drives: 2010 SSRS IBMw/White rally
[QUOTE=Sunny;1598532]
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Took mine out for a quick boot on Friday/Saturday (bought a 24 hour permit to bring it into the city out of storage)

PS: Did you know you can buy an 8 day pass for 45 bucks? Pretty good deal, it cost me 25 bucks for the day pass[/QUOTE

So you have it in storage with no plate, I assume that you have some kinda storage insurance, or you are very brave, any ways I was told that if it has wheels its insurable, that even in my own garage if my house was to burn my car wouln't be covered unless insured.....

Mind sheading some light...
All you need is a package policy through SGI. Mine was 300$ for the year and will keep it covered from fire and stuff when the plates are off of it for the winter.
Xstunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #62
Sunny

[QUOTE=Xstunter;1598909]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post

All you need is a package policy through SGI. Mine was 300$ for the year and will keep it covered from fire and stuff when the plates are off of it for the winter.
What kind of deductiable are you looking at for a $300 package policy, just trying to do the math, plates for 7 months at roughly 100/month (good driving) What are you thinking you would save a year versous plates for 12 months??
Old 03-16-2010, 11:11 PM   #63
Xstunter

The deductable I have for the 300$ package policy is 100$.

This package policy covers vandalism, theft, fire, hail...etc, also included in the cost is a replacement policy - if my car gets totalled within the next 3 years, SGI will get me a brand new one. After the three years the replacement policy is no longer available and the package policy will cost roughly 200$ per year.

I plan on plating my car for 7 months (March15 - October 15 this year) and have the package policy to cover it from october to feb.

My plates are 109/month. 12*109 = 1308$ for plates all year if I wanted.

7*109 = 763$
with the 300$ package policy = 1063$.

So... I am saving 300$ per year, have a 100$ deductable (rather than 700$) and have additional coverage. after 3 years I cannot get the replacement policy so it will be 963$ per year in total (becuase replacement policy is about 100$ per year).

Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #64
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

[QUOTE=Sunny;1599016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstunter View Post

What kind of deductiable are you looking at for a $300 package policy, just trying to do the math, plates for 7 months at roughly 100/month (good driving) What are you thinking you would save a year versous plates for 12 months??
I have a package policy on mine year round, so yeah it is insured when it is stored. I don't know offhand what the rate was, it is lumped in with my DD.

There is no way I would leave something like this uninsured for 4-5 months.

Quote:
Old 03-17-2010, 08:08 AM   #65
Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstunter View Post
The deductable I have for the 300$ package policy is 100$.

This package policy covers vandalism, theft, fire, hail...etc, also included in the cost is a replacement policy - if my car gets totalled within the next 3 years, SGI will get me a brand new one. After the three years the replacement policy is no longer available and the package policy will cost roughly 200$ per year.

I plan on plating my car for 7 months (March15 - October 15 this year) and have the package policy to cover it from october to feb.

My plates are 109/month. 12*109 = 1308$ for plates all year if I wanted.

7*109 = 763$
with the 300$ package policy = 1063$.

So... I am saving 300$ per year, have a 100$ deductable (rather than 700$) and have additional coverage. after 3 years I cannot get the replacement policy so it will be 963$ per year in total (becuase replacement policy is about 100$ per year).

Hope this helps.

Oh this make way better sence, and it official my insurer is a retard, the way it was explained to me was totally different, thanks Gentleman, the light has been seen........
Old 03-17-2010, 10:49 AM   #66
Xstunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
Oh this make way better sence, and it official my insurer is a retard, the way it was explained to me was totally different, thanks Gentleman, the light has been seen........
well dont take my word as gospel, talk to another insurer that is a lisenced SGI place and see what they have to say, I could always be interpreting my insurance incorrectly!
Old 03-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #67
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
I was told, a vehicle even with a package policy on it, if the plates are expired, the package policy is invalid. Just something i was told when i stored my old Cobalt for the winter... i had to keep plates on it all year to keep the package policy active.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:02 PM   #68
Sunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
I was told, a vehicle even with a package policy on it, if the plates are expired, the package policy is invalid. Just something i was told when i stored my old Cobalt for the winter... i had to keep plates on it all year to keep the package policy active.
Thats pretty close to what I was told, even when I inquired about my quad in the garage they told me anything with wheels basicly has to have its own insurance/Plate, or its not covered even if the house burns, It's cool, way better than paying the rates our nieghbors pay.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #69
zerox

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Bumblebee
OH NO what awful weather we just got My baby is gonna get all dirty from the roads now
Old 03-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #70
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Really? I was told that as long as I kept the package policy all year, it was insured as long as it was in storage.

I better ask some questions when I go for plates! I don't need any problems later on if some horrible accident happens and the quonset burns down!

Quote: