Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 07-24-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Lsx_Matt

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2ss
Tuning

I’m looking to go to a distant tuner due to local tuner just being to hard to deal with. Looking at going hp tuners system. New to it completely.
Current mods
2012 2ss auto
3400 circle d
LTs
Cai
Custom tune
Dynomax exhaust
Been talking to dyno Steve and he’s been real great in answer my questions. Just looking for someone willing to always respond and help fix any issue I may have. I drag race my car pretty often so numbers are a big thing to me. But any advice as to tuning tools such as laptops to use, gauges to run and who to go with would be appreciated. I plan to cam my car very soon and in the future a 100 shot as well so things to keep in mind. Thanks
Lsx_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 09:11 PM   #2
U LUZE

Drives: 2012 ZL1
I'd recommend Ted at Jannetty Racing. He's always done a great job on my SRT8 and ZL1. He's always helpful.
U LUZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 01:59 AM   #3
DRDZL

Drives: 2015 1LE Camaro
Ted Jannetty.
DRDZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #4
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
do it yourself, its pretty easy once you get started with hp tuners
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #5
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsx_Matt View Post
I’m looking to go to a distant tuner due to local tuner just being to hard to deal with. Looking at going hp tuners system. New to it completely.
Current mods
2012 2ss auto
3400 circle d
LTs
Cai
Custom tune
Dynomax exhaust
Been talking to dyno Steve and he’s been real great in answer my questions. Just looking for someone willing to always respond and help fix any issue I may have. I drag race my car pretty often so numbers are a big thing to me. But any advice as to tuning tools such as laptops to use, gauges to run and who to go with would be appreciated. I plan to cam my car very soon and in the future a 100 shot as well so things to keep in mind. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by U LUZE View Post
I'd recommend Ted at Jannetty Racing. He's always done a great job on my SRT8 and ZL1. He's always helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDZL View Post
Ted Jannetty.
Thank you for the referrals guys and thank you for your business.

Matt give me a call I will set you up with everything you need and provide a great tune for drag racing.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 09:25 AM   #6
perfucto

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Can't go wrong with Ted at Jannetty's!
perfucto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:18 PM   #7
Lsx_Matt

Nothing against ted at all. Just looking to be able to run a nitrous tune as well without going to the lingenfelter and all that as of rite now
Old 07-27-2018, 07:17 AM   #8
eLeSthree

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS 6sp
Where in Florida are you located?

2010 CTS-V A6 - "Stock" SOLD
630whp 658wtq

2024 F-150 RCSB 5.0 4x4
waiting for tunes...
eLeSthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 10:11 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Nothing against ted at all. Just looking to be able to run a nitrous tune as well without going to the lingenfelter and all that as of rite now
I appreciate where you are coming from and I will not remote tune for NOS as there are to many things that can go wrong and I would get blamed, The tuner is always at fault LOL.

NOS requires a separate fuel system and separate timing control so you can properly tune the NOS system independent of the engine and trans tune if automatic.

If you are serious about NOS don't skimp or you will pay the price of a new engine.

Te.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 12:53 PM   #10
Lsx_Matt

Pensacola area. And thanks ted! Options are still pretty open at the second just trying to get all the info I can.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:26 AM   #11
Lsx_Matt

Tuning

Who all uses dyno Steve for email tunes? Looking at getting into hp tuners. Also considering ted as well. But 1/8th mile times are my biggest concern. I have a local tuner who is great at tuning but hard to deal with and get ahold of.
Basic mods riate now. (Converter, gears, intake, headers) but going to be getting a gpi vvt ss3 cam within the next month and boost in the future after that. Any input welcome. If anyone has roughly the same mods as me with either of these guys tuning their car that doesn’t mind sharing times I’d appreciate it a ton. Thanks -Matt
Old 08-04-2018, 08:02 PM   #12
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
What part of FL? If you are northern part - Geoff at Next Level Performance is amazing. He did all of my work when I lived in Chicago, before the "Turn of the Millennium"

Since then, I have relocated to Phoenix and use Cordes Performance Racing for everything and Geoff relocated to Tampa. Great dude and fantastic work!!!

HTH
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #13
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
PS:

I have used Dyno Steve, before I found Cordes and he was great... person and customer service. I am a true believer of tuning to your environment and fuel... here we are at 2-6K DA and crappy 91 Octane. I had ZERO issues with Steve though!
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #14
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Who all uses dyno Steve for email tunes? Looking at getting into hp tuners. Also considering ted as well. But 1/8th mile times are my biggest concern. I have a local tuner who is great at tuning but hard to deal with and get ahold of.
Basic mods riate now. (Converter, gears, intake, headers) but going to be getting a gpi vvt ss3 cam within the next month and boost in the future after that. Any input welcome. If anyone has roughly the same mods as me with either of these guys tuning their car that doesn’t mind sharing times I’d appreciate it a ton. Thanks -Matt
I have used his tunes in the past and all he did for me was remove torque management and tuned out a bunch of engine codes related to the O2 sensors and running rich/lean. Not the best experience, and every part I added never required a retune... He said the computer would learn overtime.

So I got hp tuners and do it myself now. Much easier and so far I feel like I've done a better job
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote