Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-31-2009, 02:33 AM   #127
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Got my production version today. Want to see how it compares to the Beta unit. Hope it works out well.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:19 AM   #128
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Yes, But it may be me, Can you tell me who will take the system back and pay shipping both ways!
Ill give them that. That shows huge confidence in their product. Plus its fail safe if you dont like it.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:26 AM   #129
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Got my production version today. Want to see how it compares to the Beta unit. Hope it works out well.
Hay how did you get that? i am stuck with this old Beta unit, If i can i want to cheep it, Like an old friend it will stay on the car even if its a 2.5 filter.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #130
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Dang Tag, must be nice. Alot of us still waiting including me
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:09 AM   #131
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Received My PM!

I received my PM on the 29th.
I'm #122 on the list. I'll be waiting until March to take delivery. My cars in storage for the winter, and besides Christmas wiped me out. :(

Ordered the "No Tune" intake, with Solo Mach X Catback exhaust.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!

Last edited by Jayhawk500; 12-31-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:27 AM   #132
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
Hay how did you get that? i am stuck with this old Beta unit, If i can i want to cheep it, Like an old friend it will stay on the car even if its a 2.5 filter.
It was shipped. He's in Houston...I'm in San Antonio. Doesn't take long to get here.lol
Also, I'd keep the Beta unit that I have, but the filter is wrong and it's not sealed. It was done by hand, we had problems with it, and the filter has epoxy going up the sides. The filter needs to be ripped out and trashed. Not going to be good for continued use. Can't wait to see how the production unit pulls.... I have a lot more filter room for air to pass through now that the epoxy doesn't go up 1/2 to and inch all the way around the filter.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #133
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
It was shipped. He's in Houston...I'm in San Antonio. Doesn't take long to get here.lol
Also, I'd keep the Beta unit that I have, but the filter is wrong and it's not sealed. It was done by hand, we had problems with it, and the filter has epoxy going up the sides. The filter needs to be ripped out and trashed. Not going to be good for continued use. Can't wait to see how the production unit pulls.... I have a lot more filter room for air to pass through now that the epoxy doesn't go up 1/2 to and inch all the way around the filter.
I know what you are saying, I had the same thing on my unit i drilled out the rivets and re hot glued it in place you can ask you know who and then rivet it back, I want to keep my unit for the look.

Beta unit 008
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #134
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I was ten ahead of Tag and got a PM don't recall what day it was as my Mom was in the hospital and we lost her Sunday night. The days have been a blur for me. I have read before where some have thought that Doug was given a cut in line for being a mod so this should put it to rest.
Anyway, I drive 130 miles round trip to work a day so I went with a V6 so I opened up a slot for someone with an SS.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:02 PM   #135
towmoe

Drives: IBM 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieNsky View Post
I was ten ahead of Tag and got a PM don't recall what day it was as my Mom was in the hospital and we lost her Sunday night. The days have been a blur for me. I have read before where some have thought that Doug was given a cut in line for being a mod so this should put it to rest.
Anyway, I drive 130 miles round trip to work a day so I went with a V6 so I opened up a slot for someone with an SS.
I'm really sorry to hear about your mom. I know how hard it can be. My prays are with you.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #136
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Not to stir things up even more, but I'm in the 60's on the list and have gotten my production unit and have driven with it for 3 days now. I definitely feel a little extra power. I've driven it through rain and snow too. My SS now has the hiccups because I need a tune since I already had the American Racing headers setup and adding the intake just confused my computer a little more. It drives fine, but definitely needs a tune. I'll be getting one this coming week. I can't help with dyno numbers since I didn't get a dyno before parts were installed. I will have a dyno with the parts I have plus tune which I'll be happy to share next week. The instructions for the intake were dead on and it took me about 20 minutes to get it on from start to finish. Hey, as far as getting mine quick, I live in TX too and gave them an accurate mods list that I'm running. Thank you Vararam! Can't wait to get my tune and free up some decent HP!

I always thought that picture Ject uses was BAM too. That's funny! Looks just like him!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:34 AM   #137
2L8IWON

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS SIM
Just been a long wait for everyone and everyone wants want they don't have. I see both arguments and am remaining neutral. I don't disagree, but people need to understand that they had their choice to buy or not to buy while knowing it was a product still being developed. It wouldn't have bothered me to wait an extra month for my intake. I just wanted it when it was right and ready. Whether it seems that some are being skipped, it's obvious to me that Vararam is doing the best they can. They are communicating the way they need to, they are filling orders as their supplies make it in, and they have had many test their product instead of rushing it out the door.
Just hang in there, they are filling orders. I'm sure here after the holidays are done and the rest of the needed filters make it in, your orders will get filled quick.
Then the V6 owners can gripe about their long wait, but I'll be unsubscribed to this thread by then. Just remember that it comes with a satisfaction guarantee or your money back and the wait is entirely your choice. Perfection can't be rushed.
The bottom line is that this is still a new car with new after-market parts being built so there is going to continue to be a lot of waiting. It's all part of the fun really cause like after my tune, I won't have anything else to wait for other than having my lottery numbers picked so I can install a supercharger.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #138
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
where is that list again?
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #139
hamidar05

Drives: 10 Camaro/69 Bronco/08 Mazda3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8IWON View Post
Not to stir things up even more, but I'm in the 60's on the list and have gotten my production unit and have driven with it for 3 days now. I definitely feel a little extra power. I've driven it through rain and snow too. My SS now has the hiccups because I need a tune since I already had the American Racing headers setup and adding the intake just confused my computer a little more. It drives fine, but definitely needs a tune. I'll be getting one this coming week. I can't help with dyno numbers since I didn't get a dyno before parts were installed. I will have a dyno with the parts I have plus tune which I'll be happy to share next week. The instructions for the intake were dead on and it took me about 20 minutes to get it on from start to finish. Hey, as far as getting mine quick, I live in TX too and gave them an accurate mods list that I'm running. Thank you Vararam! Can't wait to get my tune and free up some decent HP!

I always thought that picture Ject uses was BAM too. That's funny! Looks just like him!
Might try a battery disconnect, seems like that may give the computer a reset to recalibrate your config. Then get your tune if results are still not good. Anyone else have thoughts?
VIN# 34612
Bitchin Camaro - Dead Milkmen - http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/8092
Thank You Oshawa - Domo arigato Mr. Roboto
~1600 mi so far - 07/18/10
hamidar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:58 AM   #140
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Thanks Doug.
Thanks also for the work you do on this site for the enjoyment of others.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote