Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-25-2009, 04:33 PM   #141
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

Straight off the presses......................the Camaro is selling like hot cakes.
lol
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #142
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
Yeah, but what if I were to kiss her in public... NOW you see the risk

And NO... You guys don't get to choose the girl

Yeah, but is it a TURBOcharger? Was turbo derived from turbine?

..... I forgot what we were talking about... Did someone mention cold beer and fries?

Oh yeah, Is an LS3 really just a fancy air compressor? A SUPERcompressor? (TURBOcompressor?)
Well I kissed Mrs. 3 at the grocery store and nothing bad happened. So now I understand what you meant.

Websters helps us a lot on the definition.

tur⋅bo⋅charg⋅er  /ˈtɜrboʊˌtʃɑrdʒər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [tur-boh-chahr-jer] Show IPA
–noun a supercharger that is driven by a turbine turned by exhaust gases from the engine.

Also called turbo.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Origin:
1930–35; turbo- + (super)charger

So I think they are all superchargers, just a subset of them are driven by exhaust gasses.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #143
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Well I kissed Mrs. 3 at the grocery store and nothing bad happened. So now I understand what you meant.
Not even a "That was random"?
Old 10-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #144
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Straight off the presses......................the Camaro is selling like hot cakes.
heheh I was waiting to see what the news would be.....
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:54 PM   #145
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
It's almost all semantics.... If someone can prove me wrong, I'll kiss a pretty girl... in public even.
pucker up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictionary
TURBINE: any of various machines having a rotor, usually with vanes or blades, driven by the pressure, momentum, or reactive thrust of a moving fluid, as steam, water, hot gases, or air, either occurring in the form of free jets or as a fluid passing through and entirely filling a housing around the rotor.
Since a turbocharger is dependent on a turbine, and a turbine is driven by fluid pressure......then NO belt-driven anything can be called a turbocharger, because it doesn't have a turbine.....

The Rotrex is just a fancy Procharger...
Old 10-25-2009, 04:55 PM   #146
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Yeah, but what if I were to kiss her in public... NOW you see the risk

And NO... You guys don't get to choose the girl

Yeah, but is it a TURBOcharger? Was turbo derived from turbine?

..... I forgot what we were talking about... Did someone mention cold beer and fries?

Oh yeah, Is an LS3 really just a fancy air compressor? A SUPERcompressor? (TURBOcompressor?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
pucker up....

Since a turbocharger is dependent on a turbine, and a turbine is driven by fluid pressure......then NO belt-driven anything can be called a turbocharger, because it doesn't have a turbine.....

The Rotrex is just a fancy Procharger...
Old 10-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #147
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
It seems I've pleased the man. He'll reward me with holy information, yes?
Old 10-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #148
ShnOmac

Quote:
You will find the holy grail....

Before we get any holy information.....
Old 10-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #149
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Ok here is your Holy information for today

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedest on to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #150
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... [At this point, the friar is urged by Brother Maynard to "skip a bit, brother"]... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedest on to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.
So...the hand grenade is the Z/28....the lord is General Motors, and Saint Attila is Fbodfather.....and in no more than three...something (years? Months? Martian months? X-time in dimension Sulu?)....it shall be lobbed at the competition so that they may be smited into tiny bits...

Interesting, very interesting......

Old 10-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #151
ShnOmac

Quote:

LMAO

Watch out for the bunny.....

Classic movie
Old 10-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #152
ShnOmac

Quote:
So...the hand grenade is the Z/28....the lord is General Motors, and Saint Attila is Fbodfather.....and in no more than three...something (years? Months? Martian months? X-time in dimension Sulu?)....it shall be lobbed at the competition so that they may be smited into tiny bits...
I'm not the only one that needs help.....

Old 10-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #153
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
You will find the holy grail....

Before we get any holy information.....
Quote:

Interesting, very interesting......

LMBFAO................nice Dragoneye, very nice.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:24 PM   #154
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
I'm not the only one that needs help.....

Did you think you were alone? Ha!! Otherwise it would be just you and me in your thread.

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014