Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-15-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
mild2wild and 1LE - Questions

Yes I understand everything related to pulling the fuse, or not, as well as the rpm's involved.

This is about this,...

I just purchased the mild2wild on Amazon from westcoastcorvette.com.
I wont be using either remote, as I will program into the unused buttons on homelink on my 1LE.

Now for the issue.

I have read and re-read the instructions. Pretty cut-n-dried.
But the concept I am questioning.

Now I am very electrically inclined. Professionally and personally. So that isnt an issue. Get as technical as you want. I will understand.

Now, first, I assume that the F8 fuse is unpowered when the ignition is off. No current drain from the battery.

I have read the instructions. This M2W module comes with the fuse plug wires, with a white removable wire attached to the fuse plug. This is where it gets confusing to me.

The instructions touch on the white wire being pulled from the M2W harness (with the shrink tubing discarded), and the white wire being inserted into the F3 position in the fuse block (which is the RDO (radio) fuse block).

Then the instructions go on to explain that if you car sits "idle" for 3-4 weeks without starting, the control should be set to off, that it will minimize any battery drain.

Why is this??

Then it suggests that if the car is to sit "idle" without starting and the M2W module is in the off setting then it wont be a problem for 4+ months.

So since it dosnt explain why the extra wire has to be pulled from the M2W harness at all, nor why the white wire must be plugged into the Radio fuse,... my question,... WTF??

Does the module source it's power from the white wire for memory purposes?... and if so, what mode does it power up in if the white wire isnt removed from the M2W harness and sourced through the radio? And even further, which position the fuse harness must be in the fuse block otherwise, in order to properly power the M2W module?

Thank you all for any input and experience on this.

Last edited by Mark T; 05-15-2014 at 10:34 AM. Reason: sp
Mark T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
sengli

Drives: 2015commemorative vert 2SS
I had mine in a corvette prior to putting in my current 1LE. If it is left in the on position, it is energized. I never worry about it. If my car is going to sit for any length of time, I keep it on battery tender. Some one else on here said it though, you really dont notice much of a difference in the exhaust note whether it is on, or off. The NPP exhaust on the camaro's, is set up differently than is a C6, where it was either on or off and you could hear it.
sengli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

I have pulled my fuse, and there is a noticable pleasant difference in sound while tooling around. Not like a vette of course. But noticeable enough for me to add the m2w module.

Wdy does the white wire need to be moved though?

Think I will call the sales agent today for clarification.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #4
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Do you have by any chance a good link to the instruxrion for Camaro SS? I dont have any and didnt see the white wire...

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:04 AM   #5
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

http://www.nakidparts.com/sitebuilde...les/m2wzl1.pdf

My car is a 14 1le with dpp.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:53 PM   #6
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Anybody have any idea's?

I am tempted to try it both ways. But I seriously want to know about the white wire.

I worked late the last couple of days and hadnt the time to call the company.