Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 05-02-2013, 05:29 AM   #11761
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Had a lot of fun last night with tomster and everyone else that was there. I suppose I should get new license plates "ZL1 KLR", sorry tom . Ill post up some slips from when me and tom ran together after I get off work or if I figure out how to do it from my phone ill do it before. One run tom had me beat and then hit 2nd going to 4th and I passed him before the line. My best was 12.11 @ 118.

Finally found my cars sweet spot. Or I should say, finally got enough clutch to get to my cars sweet spot. Its all the way up at 5500 launching it, I thought I was going to blow my tires off the first time but it squated hard and wasted no time getting out of the dig. Summit got a new timing system and they only have the start line, 1/8th and 1/4 set up so no 60 foots to really go off though. Had a few 12.1X passes, so close to that 11.9X pass I want

Clutch works a LOT better now, how ever on of the Summit guys told me he seen sparks coming out right by the flywheel during one of my burn out and the Summit guy handing out ET slips said he seen some sparks at that end of the track so hopefully it turns out to be a non-issue.

Edit: I believe we both ran our fastest on this pass, I know for sure I did and If tom didn't it was right with his PB
Attached Images

Last edited by Neumatic; 05-02-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #11762
tomster
RedLine

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
Had a lot of fun last night with tomster and everyone else that was there. I suppose I should get new license plates "ZL1 KLR", sorry tom . Ill post up some slips from when me and tom ran together after I get off work or if I figure out how to do it from my phone ill do it before. One run tom had me beat and then hit 2nd going to 4th and I passed him before the line. My best was 12.11 @ 118.

Finally found my cars sweet spot. Or I should say, finally got enough clutch to get to my cars sweet spot. Its all the way up at 5500 launching it, I thought I was going to blow my tires off the first time but it squated hard and wasted no time getting out of the dig. Summit got a new timing system and they only have the start line, 1/8th and 1/4 set up so no 60 foots to really go off though. Had a few 12.1X passes, so close to that 11.9X pass I want

Clutch works a LOT better now, how ever on of the Summit guys told me he seen sparks coming out right by the flywheel during one of my burn out and the Summit guy handing out ET slips said he seen some sparks at that end of the track so hopefully it turns out to be a non-issue.

Edit: I believe we both ran our fastest on this pass, I know for sure I did and If tom didn't it was right with his PB
12.31 was my fastest... Not bad for my first time on a drag strip with a stick!. Look forward to doing it again this summer. I will beet you!
2022 GMC 2500 "Blue"
2022 ZL1 1LE 6spd "Rapid Blue"
2023 ZL1 1LE Auto Rapid Blue (ordered)
tomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #11763
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Well, now I won't be able to make it to the Corvette Museum track day on Monday at Mid_Ohio either.

I am going to e in WV for MSHA training for 3 days
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #11764
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hah grad school.

Hopefully working. I had an interview with Florida Department of Agriculture plus submitted another application with them and one with Ohio Department of Agriculture.
Fingers crossed that one of the jobs comes through. Congrats on finishing school-- it's a big relief and an accomplishment for sure!
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
rachykells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #11765
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by vthokiefan View Post

I NEVER trust anyone waiving me on unless I can see for sure what is coming.
This is the first thing my mom's ex taught me when he was teaching me how to drive. NEVER trust a passenger, etc! Some of the best advice he ever gave me.
Trifecta Tuned / VMAX ported TB / OBX LT headers / MRT v2.0 / Magnaflow Resonated X-pipe / Roto-Fab CAI / RX catch can / AAC Footwell Lights / Blacked-out Bowties / Smoked tails, side markers, reverse lights / 20% tint
Old 05-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #11766
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachykells View Post
Fingers crossed that one of the jobs comes through. Congrats on finishing school-- it's a big relief and an accomplishment for sure!
Graduated yesterday.

Woot.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #11767
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Graduated yesterday.

Woot.

Congratulations! I was there too. Didn't see you though...
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #11768
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Graduated yesterday.

Woot.
Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Congratulations! I was there too. Didn't see you though...
What? I'm sure there were only a handful of people. How could you miss him?

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #11769
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Graduated yesterday.

Woot.
CONGRATS
Old 05-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #11770
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post
Awesome!

What? I'm sure there were only a handful of people. How could you miss him?
Thanks!

And only a few people showed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
CONGRATS
Thank you!

This guy showed up too. I think he's important, I've seen him on TV a few times.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #11771
131 SS
Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2012 Silverado LTZ
Quote:

Thank you!

This guy showed up too. I think he's important, I've seen him on TV a few times.

Wow. Urban Meyer needs to get some sleep.

Mike
Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 PM   #11772
rachykells
Gearhead rocker chick

Quote:
Thanks!

And only a few people showed up.

Wow. And I thought there were a ton of people at my graduation from U. of Cinci years back.

One of the anesthesiologists in my OR was there... he said some lady let out a blood curdling scream about 10 mins after Obama got off stage. Apparently she saw a mouse and caused a huge commotion.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #11773
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Wow. And I thought there were a ton of people at my graduation from U. of Cinci years back.
That's why I skipped my UC graduation. I sat through my brother's small Thomas More graduation ceremony and that was bad enough. No way I was gonna sit through mine at UC.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #11774
FenwickHockey65

Quote:

One of the anesthesiologists in my OR was there... he said some lady let out a blood curdling scream about 10 mins after Obama got off stage. Apparently she saw a mouse and caused a huge commotion.
My parents said it was a squirrel.

We thought someone got shot or something.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?