Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Pedders Z Sway Bar Installation Tips

I'm going to be doing the pedders z sway bar install next week and had a few quick questions. Where do I set the bar to?

Any tips to make the install easier? I hear taking off the front passenger wheel makes things easier for the front bar?

Also, I'll need an alignment after right? I'm converting to the fe4 LCA's

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
lscamaro

Bump

Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #3
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Well, the rear has only one setting so you're good there. The front, I'm pretty sure Pete recommended using the softest setting which would be the whole closest to the firewall.

You will absolutely need an alignment. Your car will drive super funky until you do. I think I had to drive about 35 - 40 mph the whole way to my alignment shop which was about 30 min away on one way roads. There is a sticky at the top of this forum that has the alignment specs you'll need. I used the FE4 Aggressive street. You'll seen in the last couple posts in that thread that I ended up using Pedders camber bolts to get the rear camber where it needs to be since my car is lowered. You may need to do the same.

Go buy some blue locktite and put it on all the bolts....especially the end link bolts. I didn't and had one back off. It was a special left threaded one and not something you can get just anywhere.

I just set my front end links to the same length as my OEM ones. So, took them off and laid them beside each other to get it where it needed to be.

It's honestly not that hard of an install and I would recommend taking all the wheels off. It'll just make things easier in the long run.

If you lived any where near me I would come help. If you want, PM me and I can give you my phone number in case you might need some one to talk it through.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:55 AM   #4
lscamaro

Darn, didn't know the alignment would be so bad afterwards. Guess ill have to wait until I get back into my college town. The alignment shops here are terrible.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:32 AM   #5
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Yes....anytime you touch those eccentrics bolts (which you have to completely remove them to install the new LCA) you have to align the car. Pete could probably tell you a trick to get them back semi-close but still you'll need an alignment pretty quick.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
American brake and muffler in Fredericksburg is the best alignment shop I hav ever been to PLUS they are a Pedders dealer. Heath and Jimmy know their stuff and its worth the drive for sure.
Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Just mark them before you pull the LCA. Still a good idea to get it aligned afterwards but you will be pretty close by going back to your marks

You can't see the marker on the side of the eccentric in this picture but you get the idea.

Name:  IMG_0783.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  88.7 KB
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Knock View Post
American brake and muffler in Fredericksburg is the best alignment shop I hav ever been to PLUS they are a Pedders dealer. Heath and Jimmy know their stuff and its worth the drive for sure.
Yea, they did my pedders lowering springs but I'm not in San Antonio so it'd be quite the drive to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
Just mark them before you pull the LCA. Still a good idea to get it aligned afterwards but you will be pretty close by going back to your marks

You can't see the marker on the side of the eccentric in this picture but you get the idea.

Attachment 530328
That might be what I have to do