Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #85
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
Add me to the list of people that want one. Too bad I'm in NH otherwise I would let you use my car as a test mule.

I don't have 2nd gear grinding issue. I do race my car more than street drive it, so I have had a lot of issues with the POS clutch setup.

Hot lapping it on the Autocross has caused my clutch pedal to stay on the floor - on more than one occasion. LPE return spring was a band-aid and worked at the fest. I have had a seperate fluid reservoir for the last year and a half.

I have my second LPE ZR-1 dual disc clutch ready to be installed (20% grippier and another $2K), as I have smoked the present ZR-1 one pretty good a few times in third gear.

I'm willing to try *anything* that will fix this ^%$#@ clutch issue.
I hear you , were hoping this will solve the problem.
I'm suppose to recieve the the SS master cylinder today then i can modify it and test it on the first grinder to show up to my shop.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #86
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
I hear you , were hoping this will solve the problem.
I'm suppose to recieve the the SS master cylinder today then i can modify it and test it on the first grinder to show up to my shop.
Wow wish I had a V8 and live closer to jersey.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:50 AM   #87
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

:mad0 260:

Got the new master cylinder today , opened the box and there was a blend door motor inside I cant win i swear!
someone put the wrong label on the box. now i have to wait till the end of the week and see if the other dealer i ordered parts from delivers the right stuff.

sorry guys between gm and the chevy dealers we are getting screwed over.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #88
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Have you tried ordering parts through Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet? Her username is MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet
Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #89
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Have you tried ordering parts through Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet? Her username is MaureenM@RodgersChevrolet
no i haven't but i have two really good dealers i use but someone from the plant in michigan put the wrong label on this box . so aggravating.
I'll give Maureen a shout and see what she has to say maybe she'll hook us up.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #90
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
you can add me too. I have a katech ZR1 clutch
Old 04-05-2012, 01:39 AM   #91
bcarkle

Drives: '11 1SS M6 "SOLD" & '70 Chevelle
Subscribed
Old 04-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #92
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Update

ok I recieved the V6 clutch master cylinder today. It looks just like the SS one only different part number. i'll get testing/working on it right after lunch.
Still waiting for the SS one, the paper said it was back ordered so i dont know how this is going to pan out if i want to order 20- 50 at a time. well see , i'll be calling my contact at the dealer to discuss a little later.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:14 AM   #93
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
ok I recieved the V6 clutch master cylinder today. It looks just like the SS one only different part number. i'll get testing/working on it right after lunch.
Still waiting for the SS one, the paper said it was back ordered so i dont know how this is going to pan out if i want to order 20- 50 at a time. well see , i'll be calling my contact at the dealer to discuss a little later.
It would be interesting to see if the SS master cylinder stock flows more than the V6 stock. I though about switch mine out for an SS one at one point but I didn't know if it would make a difference.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #94
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
It would be interesting to see if the SS master cylinder stock flows more than the V6 stock. I though about switch mine out for an SS one at one point but I didn't know if it would make a difference.
i'll let you know soon enough.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #95
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

The V6 one flows exactly the same amount as the SS one.
I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet but it looks exactly the same as an SS except for the part that snaps onto the pedal.
If the insides are the same as the SS which i'd amagine they are then i see no reason why i can't make these flow more.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #96
gjarzabek009

Drives: 1LT
Can't wait to see the results and get this!
-VMAX Ported TB
-Maces 25mm Insulator
-Ported Intake manifolds (soon)
gjarzabek009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #97
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
The V6 one flows exactly the same amount as the SS one.
I haven't had a chance to take it apart yet but it looks exactly the same as an SS except for the part that snaps onto the pedal.
If the insides are the same as the SS which i'd amagine they are then i see no reason why i can't make these flow more.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #98
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Maybe the possibility of core returns?
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote