Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Dustin503

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS/RS
Pulled the Trigger on 1LE Upgrade.

Today I ordered the 1LE track pack upgrade. I got it for $1298 shipped and have the free install coupon that I got at the fest. I'm excited for the upgrade but would like some input on what exactly the dealer will have to do for the install. I hate my car being in the hands of anyone but me and kind of worry about them tearing that far into the suspension. So is this a big project? or something that is relatively simple and I shouldn't worry about? I just hope they aren't having to drop the subframes and such to put in the sway bars. Any input on what this install will entail is appreciated.
Dustin503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin503 View Post
Today I ordered the 1LE track pack upgrade. I got it for $1298 shipped and have the free install coupon that I got at the fest. I'm excited for the upgrade but would like some input on what exactly the dealer will have to do for the install. I hate my car being in the hands of anyone but me and kind of worry about them tearing that far into the suspension. So is this a big project? or something that is relatively simple and I shouldn't worry about? I just hope they aren't having to drop the subframes and such to put in the sway bars. Any input on what this install will entail is appreciated.
They'll be changing out quite a bit. Sway bars will be swapped out. your old cradle bushings will be pressed out and new ones pressed in which may require the rear cradle to be dropped, i don't know how the dealers install bushings. Your SS springs and hardware will be put on the new shocks and struts and then installed with the 1LE shock mounts in back. And you old toe links will be removed and replaced with the new ones.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote