Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-28-2018, 11:35 PM   #1
Mcdizzle

Drives: 2 2014 SS 1LE, 2010 Nissan Titan
Pedders Supercars

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to purchase these? Every website shows them as out of stock, including pedders themselves. Not looking to purchase right this minute but here very soon. Is it possible that these show out of stock because they are built to order?

I plan on running these with BMR sways on my 14 1LE

Thanks
Mcdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 07:09 AM   #2
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I beleive they are not made anymore at all.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 09:43 AM   #3
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
They are made in China now. They are made last I was told by Pedders 3-4 months ago. I had them for four years. Now they maybe no better then bc racing as pricing is about the same where before they were twice as much when made to higher standards(?) I and others never could get good street ride from them due to stiff front springs and poor valving . You might as well get the be racing version double adjustable coilovers. Not the same internally but close I bet. If not get ridetechs like I did. They are much better in all respects and can custom Taylor the springs
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:01 PM   #4
Mcdizzle

Well it all makes sense now lol

My other option was looking at the Bilstein PSS10 on tirerack for $1800.

VR Baron are you running the single or triple adjustable ridetechs? The single adjustables are at the tippy top of my range for coilovers so I wouldn’t mind picking those up if they are solid. I just liked the idea of bound and compression adjustments.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:38 AM   #5
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdizzle View Post
Well it all makes sense now lol

My other option was looking at the Bilstein PSS10 on tirerack for $1800.

VR Baron are you running the single or triple adjustable ridetechs? The single adjustables are at the tippy top of my range for coilovers so I wouldn’t mind picking those up if they are solid. I just liked the idea of bound and compression adjustments.
Singles. They are the best, next up would be jri’s. Compression I was told is set right where it should be. The ride is very good, much better then the supercars, and handling is also. You can go nuts trying to adjust both bound and rebound and never get a good setup with those pc’s of junk. I had Jordan At Jdp spec my springs for ride/ autocross. Give him a call and he will setup to your needs. Also and if the rear bound cannisters on the supercars are mounted like mine were, you can only use the Pedders rear 32mm swaybar. The Ile bar won’t work.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:56 PM   #6
Mcdizzle

Hmmm sounds like I will be in contact with JDP in a few weeks then so I can get the ridetechs ordered.

Coming from a c5 z06, the 1LE is definitely slightly more refined. I’m looking forward to modifying it further. Doing the suspension stuff first, I competed in an autocross a few weeks ago on g-force comp 2s and was only a second off the pace of the top guys in the CAM-C class. So with a set of ride techs, a 19” wheel set up with the re71s I should be good to dominate the class locally next year. Coming from a 315 square set up of rivals on the vette to the comp 2s I discovered just how much I had to steer with the butt of the car lol
Old 10-02-2018, 10:38 AM   #7
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Hmmm sounds like I will be in contact with JDP in a few weeks then so I can get the ridetechs ordered.

Coming from a c5 z06, the 1LE is definitely slightly more refined. I’m looking forward to modifying it further. Doing the suspension stuff first, I competed in an autocross a few weeks ago on g-force comp 2s and was only a second off the pace of the top guys in the CAM-C class. So with a set of ride techs, a 19” wheel set up with the re71s I should be good to dominate the class locally next year. Coming from a 315 square set up of rivals on the vette to the comp 2s I discovered just how much I had to steer with the butt of the car lol
Cool. I run cam c out here but these guys are some of the best and score high or win Optima and scca Nationals so I am like Midpack..lol. You need to be careful on the front wheel offset with the ridetechs as they were made with stock SS wheels in mind. I had to watch the negative camber as I had to work with my existing wheel sizes as I have a street set in 20 x 10.5” with a 20 offset with 285/35/20s. With that you can get - 2.5 degrees and have 1/8” clearance and is fine. The race set is a off the shelf set 19x10.75 with 15 offset and clearance is no issue, about 3/8/ - 1/2”. Rear offsets are 35 and no issues.Get Jordan’s help on other size options.And yes weapon of choice are the re71s in 305/30/19s all around.
And ridetechs come with camber plates so you can adjust from stock to like -3 degrees I think. I set it to full race and adjust down to where I want
Old 10-02-2018, 04:19 PM   #8
Mcdizzle

Yeah, ive been looking at z/28 offsets so i don't think it should be too big of an issue. We have a few people in our local region who are national champs so i'm not unaccustomed to big competition. We even have guys like dann popp from up in cincy come down to the KY region and race periodically. Not always danny himself but guys with similar abilities. I used to set FTD in my z06 and it was stock suspension wise other than the 18x10.5s with rivals.

This car should be a fun one, i feel like with the right suspension set up and tire combo i could be right back near FTD times but in a car i completely feel comfortable driving every day should i need to.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:47 PM   #9
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Yeah, ive been looking at z/28 offsets so i don't think it should be too big of an issue. We have a few people in our local region who are national champs so i'm not unaccustomed to big competition. We even have guys like dann popp from up in cincy come down to the KY region and race periodically. Not always danny himself but guys with similar abilities. I used to set FTD in my z06 and it was stock suspension wise other than the 18x10.5s with rivals.

This car should be a fun one, i feel like with the right suspension set up and tire combo i could be right back near FTD times but in a car i completely feel comfortable driving every day should i need to.
Yeah top guys all over. Maddening..lol Danny was out here once visiting and came to an event. A friend in his 1le was saying his tires were done. Danny hopped into his car and first lap was two seconds faster. Friend said I guess it wasn’t the tires..lol

My car feels very comfortable on the street with the 20” tires and ridetechs at the suggested street setting. Best it’s ever been. Springs are 300/550. Sways are dse set full soft and shocks in the middle for our lousy parking lot surfaces that are gravely and dirty. Stiffer just slides