Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-07-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
Jv2300

Drives: 2014 RS
MRT V1 OR V2

Looks like im stuck, which one do you think would sound the best? Either one well have the res xpipe and resonators delete with jpipes. Does anyone have any videos?
Jv2300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
The v1 is a little louder but has a higher pitched tone. The v2 has a deeper sound and that is why so many people go in that direction.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
If you plan to add the Resonated X regardless, then I feel the V 1.0 is the way to go. The V 1.0 with the Resonated X sounds killer. The V 2.0 sounds good by itself.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:10 PM   #4
Chris14RS

Drives: RRM RS v6
V2 with Magnaflow tru-x pipe! Mmmhmmm!
BARTON SS
Airlift Suspension V2

Niche Targa 20x10.5
Chris14RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
anthony.

Drives: summit white 2lt RS
Love my v1!
anthony. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
NewbieDIYer

Drives: 2013 2LT RS Blue Ray Metallic
I got the v2 with resonated x and HFCs and it sounds great! It's like I turned up the bass, slight rasp on startup with the HFCs, and overall great sounding! When I get on it, it sounds mean! I get head turns all the time in downtown areas even just cruising at idle speeds
NewbieDIYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Same here. My setup is MRT V2 with magnaflow resonated xpipe, solo high flow cats and deleted stock resonators. I had slightly larger diameter pipes installed from the resonated xpipe to MRT's and finished it off with dual tips on either side. No J pipes. Went about 2 days with just the MRT V2's and high flow cats and here are my impressions before and after putting on the resonated xpipe and deleting the stock resonators. Before (MRT V2's and high flow cats only): First 15-20 seconds on cold start was just amazing inside my garage. Nice deep rumble that my wife said rattled the plates inside the house. Nice low rumble on idle and even though it sounds slightly raspy, was just absolutely mean at hard acceleration and WOT, like an exotic car on steroids. Even though I had that setup for 2 days, I got lots of compliments from friends, neighbors and people at the supermarket. The drone at about 2000 rpm's on the surface streets and on the freeway was slightly annoying as i could feel it resonating inside my head. I know that there is a break in period and the drone does subside but on my buddy's 2012 2LS, it was still there to some degree between 1800 to 2200 rpm's. After installing the resonated xpipe and deleting stock resonators: The first 15-20 seconds of a cold start I noticed the exhaust note was a lot smoother, still amazing but there was an added bass to the sound. One thing I noticed is that when I was putting items in the trunk during this 15-20 second time frame, it felt like I was next to a large subwoofer at a rock concert. The sound was so deep, I could feel pressure in my ears, head and chest. The wife said the plates rattled even more inside the house. At idle and at slow speeds, the exhaust had a nice pleasing low rumble to it. Under light acceleration it was a few decibels quieter than before and a lot smoother. The drone at 2000 rpm's was almost completely gone. There was still that feeling of resonance inside my head but it was very subtle and I would dare say somewhat pleasing now. It was at hard acceleration and WOT where I was somewhat disappointed. Although the raspiness was gone, the decibel level had gone down several notches and that "MEAN" sound had been replaced by a smoother, more toned down but classier sounding exhaust note. Still loud, with a bit more bass, but not as aggressive as before adding the resonated xpipe. Overall however, I am still completely satisfied with how my setup sounds. I have noticed that as I drive more and the resonated xpipe gets more miles on it, that the "MEAN" sound is starting to come back slightly. As far as YouTube clips go, I don't think they do the MRT V1 or V2's justice. I must have listened to at least 60-80 videos of the MRT's, Flowmaster American Thunders, Dynomax VT's, and even people who put Borla ATAK's on their V6's. For the MRT V2's, the videos do not do it justice. They sound so much better in person. I took my car to the dealer yesterday to return a stock diffuser so I could get my core charge back and had several of the service and parts guys asking me about my setup and mentioned how well it sounded. So do the MRT V2's with resonated xpipes, high flow cats and stock resonator deletes sound good? Based off of the experiences I've had, it is a resounding YES!

Last edited by pinoyscorpion951; 08-08-2014 at 12:39 AM.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #8
Stalin100

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS
I have watched just about every youtube video of both systems. I like the v2.0 better. It sounds quite at idle but is no joke when you get on the throttle.
Stalin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
lewis11777

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
I have the HFC's, MRT V2's X-pipe and a CAI. Not sure how much the intake effects the sound but I definitely love the combo! Some people want to rattle house windows when they drive by. I was a little concerned about performance exhaust being too loud during normal acceleration. I was very satisfied however with the modest noise level at idle and normal acceleration. The MRT 2.0's still have awesome sound under hard acceleration when you really want. I didn't have my exhaust without the X-pipe so I can't personally tell you the difference that makes. I did watch ton's of video's though and the MRT's with X-pipes seem to have a deeper exhaust note and much less rasp (which I hate). For the first month I drove my car I did notice a bit of drone around 1800-2200 rpm under heavy acceleration. I was considering the J-pipe modification that others on this forum have used but the drone has mostly disappeared over time as the exhaust was broken in.
lewis11777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #10
PcKiller

Drives: 2012 1LT RS Camaro
I love my MRT 2.0.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:09 PM   #11
xinfamousxi

Drives: Camaro 1SS 1LE
I really want the V2 but the drone worries me especially since I haul the kids in the morning to school. I know I can add all that extra stuff but price is going to sky rocket.
xinfamousxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #12
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
3.) Dynomax Ultra Flow
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #13
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
v1 with Solo cats here. It's a little raspy with some drone, but loud. I'm switching to the Solo cat-back.
butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:48 PM   #14
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
If drone is your concern, don't get the V-2. I have it and there's lots of drone, but I don't care.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote