Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southcentral

Old 11-12-2009, 06:25 AM   #99
tbarber87

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS CGM Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969Fbody View Post
We plan on going back to work on Tuesday also. I would like to get back on Monday no later than early evening since I have to unload my car (not hard, but I would rather do it in daylight), but Memphis might be too far to go depending on when we leave Sunday. I guess it depends on how we feel Sunday.
tbarber87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #100
Abygale

Drives: .
Just bumping this so we don't lose sight of it!
Abygale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:05 PM   #101
tbarber87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Just bumping this so we don't lose sight of it!
Thank Abygale! I just saw your post on the caravan thread, 2 things I didn't realize. . .1) you and Ject are leaving SO early!! (but we appreciate your company for sure) and 2) we will be driving LITERALLY alllllllllll day. . .my original thought was, holy crap! my new thought, this could be fun who needs sleep really, and birmingham is only "about" 5 hours away from valdosta. . .so assuming we get in as late as my numbers are adding up, we will still get some sleep in us before friday After that long of a drive. . .I'm think I might need a drink or two
Old 12-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #102
1969Fbody

Drives: 1969 Firebird
Thanks for bumping this so we keep talking about it. It seems like a long time to plan, but the time will go by fast. I need to start thinking about the trip times.

I have not seen all the threads lately and have not really thought about how long we will have to drive the first day or what time we are leaving (have to be early morning I assume), but it is almost unavoidable. I hate to drive more than 8 hours especially pulling a trailer (I know I am a wimp). The long first day will help us the next day and with a bunch of us going it will not be bad. We will keep each other awake and not be bored. That is why I have so much fun when I go to a car event with a group convoy. I have not this in a few years and am looking forward to it.

I have not talked with Supercop or fonegod1 (and other Tulsa members that might be going), but I believe the Tulsa group will probably want to meet you on I40 around the Muskogee Turnpike.
1969Fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #103
MeagsMom

Drives: 2010 Transformers Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to MeagsMom
I'm probably not going to be able to go on this trip after all but have reservations at the host hotel. Think I should cancel or is there a way to transfer the reservations to someone from this area?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...7&l=1c1fb43289
MeagsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #104
PHEOX

Drives: '06 Jeep Wrangler
Here are the times and distances from metro OKC to the Alabama hotel that Supercop has suggested:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Okla...986&2v=ADDRESS

And from the Alabama hotel to the host hotel in Georgia:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Birm...038&2v=ADDRESS
PHEOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:57 PM   #105
tbarber87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHEOX View Post
Here are the times and distances from metro OKC to the Alabama hotel that Supercop has suggested:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Okla...986&2v=ADDRESS

And from the Alabama hotel to the host hotel in Georgia:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Birm...038&2v=ADDRESS
Hello PHEOX! I'm not sure we have heard from you! Will you be joining us?
Old 12-05-2009, 06:59 PM   #106
tbarber87

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeagsMom View Post
I'm probably not going to be able to go on this trip after all but have reservations at the host hotel. Think I should cancel or is there a way to transfer the reservations to someone from this area?
Sorry to hear that :( it would be cool if someone here needs a room and it could be transferred. . . so anyone interested in the host hotel let MeagsMom know! Otherwise I guess you could just cancel. . .really sorry to hear you can't make it though
Old 12-05-2009, 07:07 PM   #107
PHEOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbarber87 View Post
Hello PHEOX! I'm not sure we have heard from you! Will you be joining us?
I hope so. My Dad is okfiltch, and his Camaro is at the railyard right now.
I hope he will decide to go. It looks like it would be an amazing experience
especially considering it's the first one.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #108
tbarber87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHEOX View Post
I hope so. My Dad is okfiltch, and his Camaro is at the railyard right now.
I hope he will decide to go. It looks like it would be an amazing experience
especially considering it's the first one.
Well definately let us know if you can make it and we can add ya to the list and CONGRATS on the delivery!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 04:48 PM   #109
PHEOX

Quote:
Well definately let us know if you can make it and we can add ya to the list and CONGRATS on the delivery!!!
Will do. We are hoping to get the Camaro on Wednesday. If we do, we'll probably try and make the meet on Saturday.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:06 PM   #110
Abygale

Quote:
Thank Abygale! I just saw your post on the caravan thread, 2 things I didn't realize. . .1) you and Ject are leaving SO early!! (but we appreciate your company for sure) and 2) we will be driving LITERALLY alllllllllll day. . .my original thought was, holy crap! my new thought, this could be fun who needs sleep really, and birmingham is only "about" 5 hours away from valdosta. . .so assuming we get in as late as my numbers are adding up, we will still get some sleep in us before friday After that long of a drive. . .I'm think I might need a drink or two
Yes, Thursday is going to be a really long day. One other thing we talked about early on is making it to just Memphis that night. We could still change our plans???? No charge for that Birmingham hotel yet correct?

The people in cars will probably be fine, it's those pulling trailers that might find that too long of a day??? I'm flexible so it's whatever the majority decide to do. The good thing is that we wouldn't have to get up early on Friday since it's only about another 5 hours to Valdosta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969Fbody View Post
Thanks for bumping this so we keep talking about it. It seems like a long time to plan, but the time will go by fast. I need to start thinking about the trip times.

I have not seen all the threads lately and have not really thought about how long we will have to drive the first day or what time we are leaving (have to be early morning I assume), but it is almost unavoidable. I hate to drive more than 8 hours especially pulling a trailer (I know I am a wimp). The long first day will help us the next day and with a bunch of us going it will not be bad. We will keep each other awake and not be bored. That is why I have so much fun when I go to a car event with a group convoy. I have not this in a few years and am looking forward to it.

I have not talked with Supercop or fonegod1 (and other Tulsa members that might be going), but I believe the Tulsa group will probably want to meet you on I40 around the Muskogee Turnpike.
Just keep us posted. I am adjusting our Wichita meeting time to the time you guys in OKC are meeting. We want to get there in plenty of time so you aren't waiting on us!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #111
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Yes, Thursday is going to be a really long day. One other thing we talked about early on is making it to just Memphis that night. We could still change our plans???? No charge for that Birmingham hotel yet correct?

The people in cars will probably be fine, it's those pulling trailers that might find that too long of a day???
People who reserved the birmingham hotel that was mentioned earlier, aren't charged at all if they cancel 30 days in advance or something like that.. so all is well as to where we make it to.

For the point on those of us pulling trailer, biggest thing is its harsh on Gas but also its a lot of work for the towing vehicle unless you've got an un-godly like towing machine (unlike me) It'll be Harsh on my '04 4.8L Silverado for a 12hr straight stretch of towing.

Anything works for me, i'd rather do the longest trip the first day so the next day im rested up and ready for FUN!

PS To all you expert Towers, im a baby tower and any/all pointers are appreciated!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #112
Abygale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
People who reserved the birmingham hotel that was mentioned earlier, aren't charged at all if they cancel 30 days in advance or something like that.. so all is well as to where we make it to.

For the point on those of us pulling trailer, biggest thing is its harsh on Gas but also its a lot of work for the towing vehicle unless you've got an un-godly like towing machine (unlike me) It'll be Harsh on my '04 4.8L Silverado for a 12hr straight stretch of towing.

Anything works for me, i'd rather do the longest trip the first day so the next day im rested up and ready for FUN!

PS To all you expert Towers, im a baby tower and any/all pointers are appreciated!
Ject, if you are fine for the long day then I am too. I admire you guys pulling the trailers....you'll definitely need a drink.....and probably a massage! LOL