Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 11-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #29
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway Chris View Post
You could have the Callaway, "Car & Driver" package w/ the SC and clubs

In all seriousness, read the fine print of any "powertrain warranty" very, very closely. The Callaway limited powertain warranty covers your powertrain like no other.
Will do, thanks.
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #30
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Spo View Post
I went with Tim at T&T Performance for a variety of reasons. First, he's in Maryland, and I like to support local shops. Second, he's done my exact installation before, so he won't be "learning" on my car. Third, he was willing to try different parts, dynoing each combination, in order to achieve my desired goals. Long tube headers, shorties, high flow cats, various true X pipes, 2 1/2 inch exaust vs 3 inch, various axle back systems, different supercharger pulleys, all to get me exactly what I want - a big fat torque curve from idle to redline. Other systems, including turbos, might offer more top end power, but on the street, instantaneous torque rules. We could have made more top end power with a bigger cam, but instead went with a milder version to keep low end torque high, and to avoid a too lumpy idle. I wanted it to drive and sound as much like stock as possible during part-throttle operation, and Tim was willing to work with me to achieve that end. I have race cars to race, I want my street car streetable. The fact that it made 536 RWHP, (625 at the crank), with just a preliminary tune, was icing on the cake, especially when I've seen with my own eyes Lingenfelter Maggies make just 420 RWHP. Granted, that was just a basic maggie install with no other parts, but for the price they charge, 420 is a little underwhelming. I'm confident that Tim will keep trying things and fine-tuning the tune until he reaches his goals of 560 RWHP, monster torque from idle to redline, and every day driveability. Unlike long established shops, Tim is still building his reputation, and is willing to go that extra mile to make sure the customer gets exactly what they want. You can't buy motivation - either the shop owner has it, or he doesn't.
PS
It's possible that Tim may become an authorized installer for Pedders, and if he does, he'll be installing their complete bushing & camber kits to go along with their coilovers already on the car.
Ric
we droped rick's camaro off today here is the last dyno run where we got it up 556 rwhp pm him and see how he liked are serivce and package

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CV6uSz_ORU
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #31
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsc1970 View Post
we droped rick's camaro off today here is the last dyno run where we got it up 556 rwhp pm him and see how he liked are serivce and package

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CV6uSz_ORU
Got a call from Rick Major today giving you and your shot the regarding modifications and checked out Rick's car on youtube and it is good to hear and see someones car that has this set-up done at your shop. I am still undecided and will visit your shop to talk directly with you guys and see what you can offer.
Do you guys plan on a December open house? I have some days off coming up here soon and will come check you guys out.
So far you guys are the only local shop I have really heard any good feedback about.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #32
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
we are going to be at the dec 13th rally in frederick that they are talking about on other thread we will be going back to maryland performances shop after lunch this is where the dyno is and where the tuning is done for me at t & t performance we work together i do the work at my shop and then we take there and work together on the tuning well his dyno guy dave (code5) on the forum we have done 2 maggie installs on 2010 camaros and 2 procharger installs dave has also done tuning on a few more we would love it if you would let us do your mods

i have been talking to about 3 other camaro owners on doing the same mods as mine and ricks one of them will be ready in about 2 weeks he already gave me a deposit so when that one is done he will be able to give you more input
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #33
sweaver

Drives: 10' CAMARO SS2 LIVERNOIS BUILT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
Trying to get some feedback on supercharger installation in the DMV area. I have received PM's from a few local shops like tandtperformance and Race Proven motorsports in DE to name a few and they are very helpful and have had nothing but good feedback from the shops but I would like to hear from some owners in the area that have added superchargers at local shops.

I am looking at the TVS2300 Maggie set-up and have been very impressed buy Livernois in MI. that offers a good price, and in some cases cheaper than the local shops I've heard from including the shipping costs.

I think the main reason I am leaning towards this shop is because of the overwhealming good responses I have heard from their customers on this forum about their builds and reputation.

I would like to have my car built locally for several reasons, i.e if something goes wrong it would be more conveinent to fix, local economy, helping smaller shops, but I haven't really heard any feedback from owners with this type of supercharger addition from local shops.

So please if there are owners out there that have added superchargers please give some feedback on your experencies with local shops and some idea of pricing.

I would prefer to have this work done locally but don't really want to gamble with a $7000-$8000 modification.

Thanks for your responses in advance.
I thought you already chose Livernois Whats up with thrat
sweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #34
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweaver View Post
I thought you already chose Livernois Whats up with thrat
I have made no final plans yet as I have placed no deposits or made any arraingements with Livernois at this point. However as I have stated before on these threads that I am leaning heavily towards Livernois, 95% at this point but I wanted to make sure that I look at every local option regardng the particular S/C set-up I want.

That is why I started this particular thread so that I could get some feedback from owners as well as shops owners that have done these mods in the area and have decided to at least visit a few shops to see what they offer as far as price, craftmanship and knowledge.

So although I am leanving towards Livernois I feel it only fair and practical to look furhter into shops in this area as I still have some issues with having my car done at a shop so far away. And quite frankly I am still suprised at the low number of responses I have received from owners that have had this particular S/C done at a local shop. I do appreciate all the responses but it wasn't what I expected really.

So that's whats up and sorry if I mislead you by mistake.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #35
NTGILTY

Drives: 06 GTO, 2010 2SS/RS RJT, 2008 G8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
And quite frankly I am still suprised at the low number of responses I have received from owners that have had this particular S/C done at a local shop. .
Im sure there arent that many camaros that have been done with that blower locally. It isnt the only car that the maggie fits on. An LS motor is an LS motor. There all pretty much that same. If they can do it on a GTO, corvette, g8, cts-v, then its gonna be pretty close doing it on the camaro. I understand that your jsut asking questions but i dont see whats making your decision so hard. Go with a shop that has had PLENTY of expierence with LSX cars and go look on other forums to see how they did with other cars. RPM is a great shop, fran will take care of you. Im not telling you to go with them, but they are highly reccommended from expierence.

PS That picture in frans sig should give you a little bit of food for thought that they know what they are doing.

2008 Pontiac G8-Stock

2006 Pontiac GTO- Procharged,Cammed,Kooks,Corsa,Pedders Suspension, Intake manifold and TB work,Meth injection. 600RWHP

Last edited by NTGILTY; 12-04-2009 at 08:56 PM.
NTGILTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #36
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTGILTY View Post
Im sure there arent that many camaros that have been done with that blower locally. It isnt the only car that the maggie fits on. An LS motor is an LS motor. There all pretty much that same. If they can do it on a GTO, corvette, g8, cts-v, then its gonna be pretty close doing it on the camaro. I understand that your jsut asking questions but i dont see whats making your decision so hard. Go with a shop that has had PLENTY of expierence with LSX cars and go look on other forums to see how they did with other cars. RPM is a great shop, fran will take care of you. Im not telling you to go with them, but they are highly reccommended from expierence.

Thanks
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:10 PM   #37
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTGILTY View Post
Believe it or not I normally just make a decision and go with what I know. But in this instance I don't now anything about these types of builds and cars, I am completely ignorent on the subject and have a hard time spending money on something I have absolutely no knowledge about. So that is what makes this deciesion hard for me, lack of knowledge and experience in this field, that is why all the questions and indecision on my part. And that is why I all the questions I can regarding this subject.

Thanks again for your opinion and suggestions and I have heard very good things about RPM from you and others. I have also heard good things about other shops also and plan on making a choice of shops in the near future. I may try to visit RPM hopefully next week if possible and if fran is available as I have received PM's from him in the past about his shop and what they can do.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:07 AM   #38
NTGILTY

Drives: 06 GTO, 2010 2SS/RS RJT, 2008 G8
Definatly check there shop out. Cars are always clean, shops always clean, and on top of that the tuner tunes his ass off. That is the key thing when you are doing modifications on these cars espicially forced induction. If the tune is slightly off then that can lead to bad things.

2008 Pontiac G8-Stock

2006 Pontiac GTO- Procharged,Cammed,Kooks,Corsa,Pedders Suspension, Intake manifold and TB work,Meth injection. 600RWHP
NTGILTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #39
Pitttbulll
Pitttbulll

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 2/SS
Hello JProberts.

I've been following your thread for awhile and I felt I should chime in with my experience.
I just had a Procharger D1 installed on my 2010 Camaro and I love it.
Maryland Performance in Frederick along with TNT did the work and I could not be more pleased or satisfied!!!
George at Maryland Performance has been doing this for over 25 years and his reputation is awesome.
They have done about 4 Camaros so far, 2 Procharger and 2 Maggies.
Dave (code5) is their head tuner and he did an excellent job setting up my car after the Procharger install.
He also has a 2010 camaro which he is working on getting to 1000hp eventually.
Tim and George work together pooling the best of both shops making sure the customer is getting the best service and performance possible.
I HIGHLY recommend Maryland Performance/TNT to anyone and think you should strongly consider using them for your install, you won't be disappointed.
Give them a call and go checkout their shops first and see what you think, maybe this might make you feel better about choosing them.
George runs Maryland Performance and Tim runs TNT.
Give him a call if you want at (301) 371-8883 or visit their website at http://www.marylandperformance.com/main.html.
If you talk to George, tell him Lou (pitttbulll) recommended talking to him about your install.
He's a really nice guy and he really knows his stuff.
I'm actually going back to him in the next month or so to have him put a cam and some other mods on my Camaro.
Believe me I woudn't just take my car to him and have him work on it if I wasn't really confident in his work.
This is the most I've ever spent on a car and I take very good care of it.
If you have anymore questions, please fell free to PM me.

Good luck-Lou
Pitttbulll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:51 PM   #40
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitttbulll View Post
Hello JProberts.

I've been following your thread for awhile and I felt I should chime in with my experience.
I just had a Procharger D1 installed on my 2010 Camaro and I love it.
Maryland Performance in Frederick along with TNT did the work and I could not be more pleased or satisfied!!!
George at Maryland Performance has been doing this for over 25 years and his reputation is awesome.
They have done about 4 Camaros so far, 2 Procharger and 2 Maggies.
Dave (code5) is their head tuner and he did an excellent job setting up my car after the Procharger install.
He also has a 2010 camaro which he is working on getting to 1000hp eventually.
Tim and George work together pooling the best of both shops making sure the customer is getting the best service and performance possible.
I HIGHLY recommend Maryland Performance/TNT to anyone and think you should strongly consider using them for your install, you won't be disappointed.
Give them a call and go checkout their shops first and see what you think, maybe this might make you feel better about choosing them.
George runs Maryland Performance and Tim runs TNT.
Give him a call if you want at (301) 371-8883 or visit their website at http://www.marylandperformance.com/main.html.
If you talk to George, tell him Lou (pitttbulll) recommended talking to him about your install.
He's a really nice guy and he really knows his stuff.
I'm actually going back to him in the next month or so to have him put a cam and some other mods on my Camaro.
Believe me I woudn't just take my car to him and have him work on it if I wasn't really confident in his work.
This is the most I've ever spent on a car and I take very good care of it.
If you have anymore questions, please fell free to PM me.

Good luck-Lou
Thanks alot for deciding to chime in on this thread as this is the type of feedback I am interested in. I hope that no matter what shop I go with that the information guys like you have posted in this tread helps others as much as it has helped me in making this mod choice.

I also hope and believe it will be helpful to the local shops to hear owners giving them the thumbs up for the work they have done on their cars. I would think this could only serve their interest, espicially if they have done good work.

Glad to hear another local owner that went to a local shop. Thanks.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #41
JProberts

Thanks for the input everyone

I got some really good information on some shops in the DMV area regarding S/C builds from shop owners in the area. Thanks to Tim at tandt performance for his input along with frans96ss from RPM.

And of course thanks to the camaro5 people that responded to this post and shared their experiences with these shops and superchargers, it will go along way in helping me make a more informed decision.

Have a merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

jp
Old 12-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #42
chd1

Drives: 68rs/69z28/2010 2SSRS-callaway
Good Better The Best I went with the best callaway. You get what you pay for. Just remember you gotta pay to play.
chd1 is offline   Reply With Quote