Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-29-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Caution

Drives: 2SS/RS 6M
Simple Question about trunk button

While I am very new to these boards with this being my first post, rest assured I have been lurking for a while now.

I own a yellow 2SS/RS 6M (well me and the bank) and have a question about the trunk button located on the driver's door, is it backlit, thought mine did when I picked it up but now it doesn't.

While I am here, one more question, when disarming with the remote, when do the headlights come on, only at night and how disarm button pushes should be required? The way mine works is as follows, daytime disarm---no headlights.
nighttime disarm--sometimes headlights come on with one push of disarm button, sometimes I must push button again for headlights to come on.

Just curious why sometimes it only takes one disarm button push to get the headlights to come on, and other times it takes two.

Thanks

Wayne
Caution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caution View Post
While I am very new to these boards with this being my first post, rest assured I have been lurking for a while now.

I own a yellow 2SS/RS 6M (well me and the bank) and have a question about the trunk button located on the driver's door, is it backlit, thought mine did when I picked it up but now it doesn't.

While I am here, one more question, when disarming with the remote, when do the headlights come on, only at night and how disarm button pushes should be required? The way mine works is as follows, daytime disarm---no headlights.
nighttime disarm--sometimes headlights come on with one push of disarm button, sometimes I must push button again for headlights to come on.

Just curious why sometimes it only takes one disarm button push to get the headlights to come on, and other times it takes two.

Thanks

Wayne
First... I don't believe there is a backlight to the trunk button on the drivers door (although the 2ss might be different than the 1ss, mine).

Second...I believe the headlight react based on the light sensors. If it is night or in a dark garage, they will probably come on with the first push (unlock). I almost always disable the automatic lights when i get inside, because that is one more thing I want control over (not some mechanical sensor).
5thGenOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caution View Post

Thanks

Wayne

No backlight on trunk button .... When you push the disarm button once, the drivers door only unlocks and twice both doors and lights come on .... That's the way mine works anyway .....
Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I have a 2SS and to be honest I dont recall if it is or not. Been parked for 6 weeks. Still have nasty cravings for a ride
Merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Caution

Thanks for the replys

Wayne
Old 11-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
No backlight on trunk button .... When you push the disarm button once, the drivers door only unlocks and twice both doors and lights come on .... That's the way mine works anyway .....
And you can change this setup using the 'radio', if you want. But i believe he was talking more about... when the lights come on during unlock/disarm. (which i believe, has to do with the light sensors in the car)

I also disable the stabilitrak/traction control most of the time now, because thats also something I prefer to control. It was nice at first, when getting used to the car, but in my mind it is really just another 'limit' sensor that I would rather control. Maybe I'll use it if i have to drive in inclimate weather, but c'mon i live in SoCal.
5thGenOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Wayne, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

Name:  NewFridge.jpg
Views: 820
Size:  95.4 KB

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

as far as your questions go, Slingshot answered them, as well 5thGenOwner let you know where to chenge them.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #8
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
I think it's a software oversight but the trunk can be "opened" while you're moving if you hit the button. DAMHIKT

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #9
Caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Wayne, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's and wive's here don't care....and take it easy.

Attachment 76518

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!

as far as your questions go, Slingshot answered them, as well 5thGenOwner let you know where to chenge them.

You all are too kind.

I appreciate the warm sentimate and have a couple more question:

Has anyone else had the problem with the wondows fogging up, seems like I have to keep the defroster on most of the time.

Next, what is up with the rough idle of my LS3--seems like a plug is breaking down at idle, even at a steady idle say about 2K it seems to have a little break up, and finally-- the LS3, does it have variable valve timing, I was under the impression that it does not. Any way the service writer told me that was why the idle was so wacky, the variable valve timing was making it that way.

I didn't know for sure so here I am.

Thanks again

Wayne
Old 01-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
It does not have VVT and it should idle smooth.

As for fogging up around here in Houston make sure you have the AC button turned on while you are defrosting... it will clear up fast then.
Old 01-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
OK...

The lights will only come one when you lock/unlock the doors #1, if you have them set to do so in the DIC and #2 it is dark. I noticed this as well and thought something was wrong at first as during the day or in the garage with the lights on, the headlights do not come on with the keyless opperation.

The LS3 has a lopey idle. Its fine. Mine lopes too. I mean if its way out of wack there may be a problem but the LS2/3 engines have a lope to them.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:39 PM   #12
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don O View Post
I think it's a software oversight but the trunk can be "opened" while you're moving if you hit the button. DAMHIKT

Don O
Thats no problem. All U have to do is brake hard then floor it and your truck should be locked again.
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
Eduk8r

Drives: Blue 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You can set it so one push will unlock both doors. How I set mine.
Eduk8r is offline   Reply With Quote