Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
chev

Drives: Camaro
aftermarket

Guys,

I recently did some work for GM and found respect for the small block - so I'm relatively new to the Camaro scene.
What kind of money have you guys put in your cars?
If I wanted to by a supercharger kit for an '09 when I get one (no internal mods required), what kind of price do you think is fair? What kind of performance gains should I get (I know it would depend on the blower specs and such) for the price?
What kind of suspension, and exhaust mods did you do to your gen 4s?

Is there anything that I'm forgetting?
Bodykits and wheels?

thanks. Just trying to figure out where you guys feel your money well spent is.
chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #2
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
To try and answer your questions;

1. 5th Gen. - I could not give you an accurate figure on a supercharger, etc., but rumor has it you may be able to order these "goodies" from the dealer. I like the idea of being able to order my new Camaro and choose from a list of "goodies", all built/backed by GM, and installed at the factory.

2. My SS - You can see in my sig. what "mods" I've performed. I haven't gone crazy. IMO, my best mod was the L/T's and new exhaust system. I've reached the point where I don't want to tear into the engine. I'm at a point where I'm happy (at least for now ) and I've held off on further "mods", with the intention of saving for the 5th Gen.

Rest assured, there will be ALOT of aftermarket "goodies" available for the the 5th Gen.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #3
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
To try and answer your questions;

1. 5th Gen. - I could not give you an accurate figure on a supercharger, etc., but rumor has it you may be able to order these "goodies" from the dealer. I like the idea of being able to order my new Camaro and choose from a list of "goodies", all built/backed by GM, and installed at the factory.

2. My SS - You can see in my sig. what "mods" I've performed. I haven't gone crazy. IMO, my best mod was the L/T's and new exhaust system. I've reached the point where I don't want to tear into the engine. I'm at a point where I'm happy (at least for now ) and I've held off on further "mods", with the intention of saving for the 5th Gen.

Rest assured, there will be ALOT of aftermarket "goodies" available for the the 5th Gen.

Ed
Ditto.

I would have liked to put in the SLP long tubes cats and y pipe. That does a heck of a lot for hp. Headers would have been my next mod. And...I would have kept it at that.

Here's what I'm hoping. GM knows we mod the hell out of our cars. I just hope they want to get in on the fun and sell us some goodies before the car leaves the dealer. That way, everything is still under warranty. It's a win win situation for GM and for the consumer. GM gets the cash and the consumer gets his aftermarket items...while still having it under warranty.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Ditto.

I would have liked to put in the SLP long tubes cats and y pipe. That does a heck of a lot for hp. Headers would have been my next mod. And...I would have kept it at that.

Here's what I'm hoping. GM knows we mod the hell out of our cars. I just hope they want to get in on the fun and sell us some goodies before the car leaves the dealer. That way, everything is still under warranty. It's a win win situation for GM and for the consumer. GM gets the cash and the consumer gets his aftermarket items...while still having it under warranty.
Ditto #2 - on the dealer aftermarket part anyway...

With GMs new 5 yr/100,000 warranty, we will have to wait even longer to mod our cars if we want to keep our warranty, so having a factory aftermarket program would be pretty sweet for any engine bolt-ons. I will still probably end up swapping out my exhaust after I purchase the car though, not from the factory.

The only problem I can see with the factory direct aftermarket program is that any upgrade made will probably cost an arm and a leg, and when you are already throwning down 30-40k on the car as it is, a 500-1000 upgrade looks less and less appealing.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:06 PM   #5
$anani

Drives: chevy s10
im going to be pretty happy with a stock SS enough horsepower to keep me from adding any mods. i have trick out my 99 s10 and it just a hassle. i learn already on how complicted it could be when u dont do it the right way. some wheels and exhaust be good for me.
$anani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Im guessin they will have a supercharger with mild boost say 5 pounds or so that will keep the car under warranty for a couple G's. You could push out over 500 at the fly with that and the ~405 camaro package.

Speculation btw, im not expert on SC's. I prefer to make my engine take less stress then put more on it IE: High flow intake and exhaust, maybe reprogrammer.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:18 AM   #7
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
Like everyone said. GM will more than likely offer items that you can order from your local dealer that will not void the warrenty. They have never said what but I'm sure it'll be a bunch of go fast goodies...
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote