Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
GameOver620

Drives: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer
2Lt/rs or 2ss/rs

I know that most members of this site are fans of the ss. I'm about to order my camaro tomorrow and here is my question. I live in new York about 15 minutes outside the city and I'm not sure if I should go with the ss, just to say I have one but not be able to let it fully rip. Or if I should just go with the LT because of the fact that I won't really be able to use all of those ponies. Help me out my fellow camaroites!
GameOver620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I woudl go SS because I would love the power when you have a chance to use it...And it will definetly be a better collectors car and hold value over the years...
That is how I made my choice..I am also dont get to drive it hard as often, but that is how i made up my mind.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
Embalmer
2G1FT1EWXA9103351

Drives: 2SS RS, SIM, 6pd, 20"Alum
It's a tough call...ultimately it's about 5 or 6k more for the SS. I'd say go with what your budget is most comfortable with... don't strap yourself too much for the SS. The car will look almost identical to an SS and the V6 is no slouch.
Embalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:34 PM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I would buy the LT2 if I were you and save a pile of dough. You'll still have a car that is just as fast as a Mustang GT. You'll be able to sell it pretty easily down the road should you not be happy with it. I think the used car market will be more kind to the V6 owners than the V8 owners.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
GOLDDOG

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS & 08 JSB Corvette
I am opting for the LT2/RS because I will be using it as a daily driver and the better gas mileage combined with less power in the snow is more appealing. I would not look at the SS as being a collectors car becuase there will many produced. Special editions, low volume etc.. will be highly collectible.
But if you have the need for speed go with the SS.
GOLDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
lalometalik
killer bAnana

Drives: 1985 z28
if you could afford it, dont compromise; you may regret it later.
go with what you had your eyes on

"Shut your noise tube, Taco Human!"
lalometalik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
1ss; hardcore
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver620 View Post
I know that most members of this site are fans of the ss. I'm about to order my camaro tomorrow and here is my question. I live in new York about 15 minutes outside the city and I'm not sure if I should go with the ss, just to say I have one but not be able to let it fully rip. Or if I should just go with the LT because of the fact that I won't really be able to use all of those ponies. Help me out my fellow camaroites!
It depends totally on what you need the car for. Though I think if you test-drive a V6 Camaro before you buy...it might make up your mind for you.

The way I see it:
--If you can use and want eye-popping, face-melting performance for a relatively inexpensive price; then go for the SS.
--If you want an extremely well-balanced performance bargain in terms of fuel economy, handling, acceleration, and price; then go for the LT. Again, drive it and I don't think you'll regret it one bit.

The WORST mistake you could make is let anybody tell you to get the V8 because the LT is less of a car than the SS. That's wrong -- it's not.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:28 PM   #9
rlg3

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
I live in Chicago and have the same issues you listed I went with a fully loaded 2LT/RS saved some bucks and got a great car with all the creature comforts.
rlg3 is offline   Reply With Quote