Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-06-2018, 02:02 AM   #1
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
2014 Spring edition exhaust change

Hi All,

Anyone know if I can do a quad exhaust with the 2014 spring edition with the body kit it comes with?

If so, any one have any recommendations?

Previous cars:
2014 V6 Spring Edition
2018 WRX
2022 K5
2022 Stinger
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Just a quick google search, the Spring Edition body kit looks to be the same as the one on the SS, and the SS can accommodate the factory NPP. Obviously pictures can be deceiving, especially with no concrete evidence. I'd measure the opening and see if you can fit quad tips in it.

Before I had my NPP exhaust, these are the tips I used. http://tips.byethost4.com/dualpair.html?i=1

Just remember, if you do quad tips, your exhaust has to be modified slightly so that the tips exit in the correct location.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 04:40 PM   #3
Philar299

Drives: 2021 Forte GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Just a quick google search, the Spring Edition body kit looks to be the same as the one on the SS, and the SS can accommodate the factory NPP. Obviously pictures can be deceiving, especially with no concrete evidence. I'd measure the opening and see if you can fit quad tips in it.

Before I had my NPP exhaust, these are the tips I used. http://tips.byethost4.com/dualpair.html?i=1

Just remember, if you do quad tips, your exhaust has to be modified slightly so that the tips exit in the correct location.
Thank you! I'll take a look!

Where did you end up getting the NPP from?

Previous cars:
2014 V6 Spring Edition
2018 WRX
2022 K5
2022 Stinger
Philar299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 07:02 PM   #4
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Honestly I bought it off of another forum member. NPP + Magnaflow 11386 is basically the same as the Magnaflow 11386 with a muffler delete, sounds excellent. Highly recommend. I travel a lot so the dual mode is important to me (I did the NPP in a box conversion also). Otherwise, I dunno. Maybe the MRT V2, magnaflow mufflers or just a muffler delete for your car? Those are my first suggestions.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote