Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-01-2014, 08:02 AM   #43
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRide View Post
OP wondering if you ever decided?

I'm considering wrapping mine as well. Thinking hot pink (gasp, yes! while keeping black hash marks and carbon fiber hood), orange , apple green, or maybe pearl white. I like a lot of colors so it's hard to decide!
The Matte Pearl White is blown!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #44
HerRide

Drives: '14 2SS/RS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
The Matte Pearl White is blown!
I am so tempted but then my friends are like, blah, white. I think it looks amazing in pics but haven't seen it in person yet. I also like the brushed metal wrap but don't want to go from gray to gray. :~p

(btw is blown good or bad? lol)
Old 04-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #45
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
I am so tempted but then my friends are like, blah, white. I think it looks amazing in pics but haven't seen it in person yet. I also like the brushed metal wrap but don't want to go from gray to gray. :~p

(btw is blown good or bad? lol)
Lol, it's better than good.

I agree White is blah, but not Matte Pearl White. I'm thinking of wrapping my Black 1LE with it.
I think the contrast would work well together.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:17 AM   #46
HerRide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
Lol, it's better than good.

I agree White is blah, but not Matte Pearl White. I'm thinking of wrapping my Black 1LE with it.
I think the contrast would work well together.
LOL ok cool. I'm getting old, you know!

We have similar tastes so I trust you. I think I'll talk to my wrap guys on Friday if they are in the shop. I want to see a swatch of the pearl white in person. I think I need some other stuff done too, like splitter, rockers, etc but when I ask people they are like don't bother (they only care about their Mopars). I need more Camaro friends to help advise!
Old 04-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #47
Boydr12

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie Dynamite View Post
I did a full wrap with Xpel Stealth film. It's a satin/clear film that turns the factory colour into a satin colour, not matte (has a nice sheen to it).

It's MUCH thicker than vinyl, so it's more of a paint protection, as well. It's not as susceptible to chips and dings like vinyl is. I wanted satin black, so it worked for me. It is more expensive though.

I love it. The install is flawless and it turns heads everywhere. I did some gloss black accents as well.

Here are some pics:
That's badass!! I bet a satin white would like incredibleee!! How much did to run you with materials and labor if you don't mind me asking?
Boydr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #48
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydr12 View Post
That's badass!! I bet a satin white would like incredibleee!! How much did to run you with materials and labor if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks! I got it installed by the best installer in Canada, as far as I'm concerned... lol $5000 out the door. It was a 3 day process. It is pretty expensive but the actual cost of the material vs vinyl is night and day. The material itself was the majority of the cost.

The paint protection aspect and stealth look combined sold me! Drove it all last season... not a mark or a scratch on it. It's a great product with a wicked warranty.

Here's an old pic I found:
Attached Images

2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE - 402 of 451
"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust - Recaro Sport Seats
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:10 PM   #49
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
wrap?

Paint is the best....IMO....wrap may be flavor of the month? Paramount crews thought my car was "their movie car". while in Chicago last year.
Attached Images

Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:44 AM   #50
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
Quote:
OP wondering if you ever decided?

I'm considering wrapping mine as well. Thinking hot pink (gasp, yes! while keeping black hash marks and carbon fiber hood), orange , apple green, or maybe pearl white. I like a lot of colors so it's hard to decide!
actually no i havent decided (sorry for the late response) i ended up getting a second job and all the checks go straight to the bank. I figured since the money is adding up considerably fast that I might as well wait for 6gen camaro zl1. Wouldnt want to do all this work to my car and end up selling it a year or two down the road
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #51
SSmokinSS
Get Some

Drives: 2014 ZL1 6Speed
I've done a few.
I love the matte colors!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:21 AM   #52
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver2 View Post
Paint is the best....IMO....wrap may be flavor of the month? Paramount crews thought my car was "their movie car". while in Chicago last year.
Lol not sure how that proves paint is better...
ps. you're door handles are so sweet

"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust - Recaro Sport Seats

Last edited by BATMOB1LE; 04-02-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #53
Yellojacket

Drives: 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
When i get my new truck early next year I think I'm gonna get it wrapped. I saw this and plan on going with something very similar. Minus "the beast" of course.
Attached Images

Yellojacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:57 PM   #54
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellojacket View Post
When i get my new truck early next year I think I'm gonna get it wrapped. I saw this and plan on going with something very similar. Minus "the beast" of course.
That's solid! I've got an F150 now that I was going to get wrapped but I'm leaning on trading it in for a nice Jeep Wrangler Unlimited... then that's gotta get wrapped lol!

"BATMOB1LE"
Old 04-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #55
HerRide

Love all the pics. So I'm stopping by the shop tomorrow to look at some swatches. Still considering the pearl white or pink (sorry guys). I think I want to keep my carbon fiber wrapped hood and hash marks. I like these:

Diggin this color too

eta: Oh I really like the green on that truck!
Old 04-05-2014, 08:03 PM   #56
A-Flyer

Drives: None yet.
Quote:
Love all the pics. So I'm stopping by the shop tomorrow to look at some swatches. Still considering the pearl white or pink (sorry guys). I think I want to keep my carbon fiber wrapped hood and hash marks. I like these:

eta: Oh I really like the green on that truck!
I say go with the pink or the green.
A-Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote