Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-24-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Thoughts on the Vince Young situation???

Is Fisher trying to get fired, as Bud has made it clear that Young in the QB of that team next year. Fisher runs his mouth beyond the call of duty to slam Young, then reportly had Young booted from the stadium yesterday / he was asked to leave. Even though the OWNER is behind Young 100%.

I think Young should drop some hints on if Bud wants a 8mill sand bag next year or not?

As it looks like Fisher is hoping he can push Youngs buttons so he messes up, Young should push back in a way that makes Fisher nuke himself in Buds eyes.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Fisher knew what he was getting when they signed Vince, big ego and lot's of talent. Bud needs to look at who will be producing five years from now, Fisher has had his years.........may be time for him to move on. Vince Young is a mixed bag, but I can not think of a better QB I would want inside of the red zone with the ball!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
I hate to say it but due to the head issues VY is overrated. Unbelievable physical ability but the lack of mental toughness to make it happen in the NFL as he is currently. I hate to say this but this might be a similar situation to Vick in that he will need a significant life challenge to get his life straight....let's just hope it doesn't go the way of Ryan Leaf! I like Fisher but have real issues myself with how he has handled the situation as well. Good luck Titans!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
As a coach you want players that are ALL IN for the team and the coach's philosophy. I would get rid of Young now. Jeff Fisher has so much respect across this league. This just shows who Vince Young is. Great talent, but weak mind.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
VY is an over rated, spoiled, selfish, millionaire football player. He was great at Texas but this ain't Texas ot the NCAA this is the NFL. Fisher is brilliant.

Look at it this way. The QB acts like an idiot, self absorbed baby and the coach draws a line in the sand. So lets play it out. Say the owner sides with the QB. Other players will try the same, team falls apart, coach probably leave for a better job, say Dallas. Win for Coach. Owner sides with Coach, win for coach, gains alot more respect, players listen more etc..

Win for Coach, Loss for VY.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
By default I take the player’s side more n more, as I think the head coach does or wants credit for too much in today’s game.

They all are like Paul SR, its all them; they do it all, nothing happens without them.

Players know how to play, let them play.
Why they often do better after a coach is let go.
They are no longer under the oppression of the self-imposed supreme leader.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
By default I take the player’s side more n more, as I think the head coach does or wants credit for too much in today’s game.

They all are like Paul SR, its all them; they do it all, nothing happens without them.

Players know how to play, let them play.
Why they often do better after a coach is let go.
They are no longer under the oppression of the self-imposed supreme leader.
So you are ok with what young did?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
So you are ok with what young did?
He got a boo-boo on his thumb and wanted to go back in and finish the game like a pro. And was understandably upset, your in the heat of battle n sarge pulls ya out for no reason you can see. And on his way off the field he threw parts of his uniform to fans.

Shocking, sounds like a coke commercial.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:04 AM   #9
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
He got a boo-boo on his thumb and wanted to go back in and finish the game like a pro. And was understandably upset, your in the heat of battle n sarge pulls ya out for no reason you can see. And on his way off the field he threw parts of his uniform to fans.

Obviously it wasn't just a "boo-boo". as he needs surgery on his thumb, on his throwing hand, and is out the rest of the season...

I don't care how heated a player gets. There's no need to take your pads off and throw it into the stands. They are supposed to be professionals. He just doesn't have the mental capacity to be in the NFL, imo.

edit: not only that, but walking out on your team is pretty pathetic.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #10
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
I am a huge Titans fan and Vince's behavior simply cannot be tolerated anymore...this is the 3rd or 4th time he has shown unbelieveable immaturity and mental weakness. Those are two traits that every great QB cannot have, therefore he will never be great. He doesnt put enough time in during the offseason so he basically never improves from the year before. Fisher is the only credibility the Titans have and he is as respected as anyone among the coaching ranks...keep him or book a ticket to the basement of the NFL along side Buffalo.
camaro2ssblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:51 AM   #11
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:

You must not know Sh*t about football or Chain of Command!!! I torn tendon is not a (Boo Boo)!!! Second of all you CAN'T confront your coach like he did I don't care how many millions you make!!! Get rid of the bum!!!! Fisher handled it like he should have, any other way he would have lost all respect by the rest of the team. I remember a while back one of the big name players tried this with Bill Parcel. I can still remember the look on his face while he was eating this guys ass out while the player was looking up at him from the bench.
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
TJTKSDMJ8
I COMMAND YOU TO HOOK 'EM

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS2/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgraves View Post
I am a huge Titans fan and Vince's behavior simply cannot be tolerated anymore...this is the 3rd or 4th time he has shown unbelieveable immaturity and mental weakness. Those are two traits that every great QB cannot have, therefore he will never be great. He doesnt put enough time in during the offseason so he basically never improves from the year before. Fisher is the only credibility the Titans have and he is as respected as anyone among the coaching ranks...keep him or book a ticket to the basement of the NFL along side Buffalo.
I have to agree. I'm a Horns Alumni..He won us our Championship..That sucked to see..
Old 11-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #13
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
If Adams chooses Young over Fisher.....he won't be out of work long.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote