Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-15-2021, 11:20 AM   #1
Pascal

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/2RS 2010
Angry 2010 Camaro TPMS

Hi all
I have a 2010 Camaro with 315MHz tyre pressure sensors. Does anyone know what means “Tyre Pressure Learning in Progress“, see pic attached. I can not go back to the menu asking if I want to relearn, you know with the horn begining front left…
I already set back to factory settings - no change. I also deconnected the battery for an hour or so - no change.
Would really appreciate if someone could help.
Attached Images

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 11:34 AM   #2
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
You need to calibrate the sensors ...

The TPMS matching process is outlined below:
1. Set the parking brake.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON/RUN with the engine off.
3. Go to the TPM vehicle information screen on the DIC. See Driver Information Center (DIC) on page 4-27. Press set to relearn the sensors. The horn sounds twice to signal the receiver is in relearn mode and Tire Learning Active message displays on the DIC screen.
4. Start with the driver side front tire.
5. Remove the valve cap from
the valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure for 10 seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which can take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the TPMS sensor identification code has been matched to this tire position.
6. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
7. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
8. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 5.
9. After hearing the confirming horn chirp, for the driver side rear tire, the horn sounds two more times to signal the tire learning mode is no longer active. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK/OFF.
10. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the tire and loading information label.
11. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
It means that you must have started the relearn process and it is still waiting to be completed. Very strange that it is stuck there and hasn't timed out yet.

I have found that if you have one sensor go bad or not communicate, you can't finish the process and will be left with all 4 sensors not reporting. I recently replaced mine with those cheap Chinese Amazon ROADFAR sensors everyone was raving about.

One sensor went dead a week after install. I tried to do the relearn process again, but since I could not get that dead sensor to respond again, it wouldn't allow me to save the other 3 good sensors and I wound up losing reporting on those as well. In other words, if one of the sensors won't respond during the relearn process, it will not save any of them since you cannot complete the process.

The price I pay for being a cheap bastard
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 09:28 PM   #4
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
Are they new sensors….if they’re the original ones the batteries are most likely dead.
Old 10-16-2021, 03:28 AM   #5
Pascal

Thanks guys
I can‘t get to the menu to start relearn. So i can‘t start the procedure as mentioned by George-CZ. I wrongly exchange the sensors by new ones with the wrong frequency, 433 instead of 315 and started the relearn process with those.
I recon that error and replaced those again by new original 315 sensors. But since I can‘t start relearning anymore. The display shows what you can see in the attached pic. I can do nothing from here. Pressing SET, disconnecting the battery or setting to factory setting doesn‘t change anything. It always shows the same information.
Old 10-16-2021, 04:30 PM   #6
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Thanks guys
I can‘t get to the menu to start relearn. So i can‘t start the procedure as mentioned by George-CZ. I wrongly exchange the sensors by new ones with the wrong frequency, 433 instead of 315 and started the relearn process with those.
I recon that error and replaced those again by new original 315 sensors. But since I can‘t start relearning anymore. The display shows what you can see in the attached pic. I can do nothing from here. Pressing SET, disconnecting the battery or setting to factory setting doesn‘t change anything. It always shows the same information.
In that case, I would connect an OBD reader 2 and try to clear the error message manually.

Then I would repeat the process of learning new TPMS.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
Old 10-17-2021, 08:41 AM   #7
Pascal

Thanks i will try, but have to go to dealer for that.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:14 AM   #8
Camaro Blue Ray

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro
How to Activate TPMS

I'm not sure about the whole...let some air out of the tires...or go to the dealer...here's what I did.
I bought 4 new wheels and tires.
4 New 315mhz sensors
For my 2013 Camaro.
I ALSO bought a TPMS Activation Tool from Tire Rack, $45.00

ATEQ VT5S Activation Tool $45.00

I got that LEARNING screen...then I went to each tire, used the tool, horn sounded each time for each tire when it recognized the sensor.
Took about 2 min from start to finish.
Camaro Blue Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #9
George-CZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Blue Ray View Post
I'm not sure about the whole...let some air out of the tires...or go to the dealer...here's what I did.
I bought 4 new wheels and tires.
4 New 315mhz sensors
For my 2013 Camaro.
I ALSO bought a TPMS Activation Tool from Tire Rack, $45.00

ATEQ VT5S Activation Tool $45.00

I got that LEARNING screen...then I went to each tire, used the tool, horn sounded each time for each tire when it recognized the sensor.
Took about 2 min from start to finish.

The point is that not all Camaros have the ability to learn the new TPMS themselves.

Newer models - I'm sure someone will add me, it must be activated via the TPMS device.